Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
http://wcsx.com/2017/12/21/7-best-cl...leases-2017/6/

7 Best Classic Rock New Releases of 2017

Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie – Buckingham/McVie

This is what happens when Stevie Nicks is too busy with solo work to do stuff with Fleetwood Mac, and honestly, we don’t mind.
LOL!! I just had milk run through my nose!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-22-2017 at 08:25 AM..
Old 12-22-2017, 02:16 AM
Ledgie

Rob Sheffield's Top 25 Songs of 2017:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...-world-w514364

No. 21: "In My World"

"A concept record about Stevie Nicks not returning your calls? Cool! Who hasn't dreamed of making one of those? The Buckingham McVie project, featuring all four non-twirling members of Fleetwood Mac and including a theme song for the reunion tour that already happened two years ago, brings out the nastiest and prettiest tunes Lindsey has written in many moons, especially this Tusk-worthy soft-rock gem, reprising the "uuuh"/"aaah" sex grunts from "Big Love," except with 30 more years' worth of erotic frustration."
Old 12-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

argh, should have put this one in best albums not best songs thread, i don't know how i switched threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
http://wcsx.com/2017/12/21/7-best-cl...leases-2017/6/

7 Best Classic Rock New Releases of 2017

Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie – Buckingham/McVie

This is what happens when Stevie Nicks is too busy with solo work to do stuff with Fleetwood Mac, and honestly, we don’t mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post

"A concept record about Stevie Nicks not returning your calls? Cool! Who hasn't dreamed of making one of those? The Buckingham McVie project, featuring all four non-twirling members of Fleetwood Mac and including a theme song for the reunion tour that already happened two years ago, brings out the nastiest and prettiest tunes Lindsey has written in many moons, especially this Tusk-worthy soft-rock gem, reprising the "uuuh"/"aaah" sex grunts from "Big Love," except with 30 more years' worth of erotic frustration."
exactly what i was thinking when listening to LB songs on the album that were originally from 2011/12 when he was trying to convince SN to do the album with them.... and then listening to the album every now and then i was like ok lindsey, that was a good try, but come on man, over and over lyrics about SN not wanting to record with them using different wording becomes a bit onerous. you could have put a bit more effort and change up some of the lyrics to make them less shallow!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

HAHA, I LOVE this review!

"featuring all four non-twirling members"

Old 12-22-2017, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougl View Post
You feel better now?
@dougL As a fellow long-timer on this forum, I've feel great!! Unfortunately, music is one of those things so subjective that I do not feel inclined to lessen my standards by taking advice from Flood. Nor, do I listen to XRT......

Last edited by Newzchspy; 12-22-2017 at 12:44 PM..
Old 12-22-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
@dougL As a fellow long-timer on this forum, I've feel great!! Unfortunately, music is one of those things so subjective that I do not feel inclined to lessen my standards by taking advice from Flood. Nor, do I listen to XRT......
Nor should you... I don't listen to radio anymore.. .they boast these new albums; yet, they play the same songs and ignore anything new from the classic artist.

Example, David Gilmour had a new album in 2016. It was stunning and out of this world,. Not once did I hear any track on our so called classic rock station.

It's all about money and not music. shame... really..
Old 12-24-2017, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It pains me (and somehow I find it pathetic) to see Lindsey so desperate to have Stevie's attention after all this years. It was an odd choice to have this song as the first cut, so it was clear there was something behind this choice. Seriously, Lindsey, you're better without her and her tambourine. If she wants to come back, great, but if she doesn't it's her loss and our win with BuckVie2.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 12-25-2017 at 09:26 PM..
Old 12-25-2017, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
It pains me (and somewhat I find it pathetic) to see Lindsey so desperate to have Stevie's attention after all this years. It was an odd choice to have this song as the first cut, so it was clear there was something behind this choice. Seriously, Lindsey, you're better without her and her tambourine. If she wants to come back, great, but if she doesn't it's her loss and our win with BuckVie2.
I'm not certain it's about the old thing.

If it was, he KNOWS, but their drama is what sells FM tix, so he might as well try to pull in a few Chiffonheads into buying it.

Rumour has it that they used to tape her jinglebobs down, so they weren't audible on the mics.

Bring on BuckVie 2! My favorite album in years!!!
Old 12-25-2017, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm not certain it's about the old thing.

If it was, he KNOWS, but their drama is what sells FM tix, so he might as well try to pull in a few Chiffonheads into buying it.

Rumour has it that they used to tape her jinglebobs down, so they weren't audible on the mics.

Bring on BuckVie 2! My favorite album in years!!!
LOL at the jinglebobs! Seriously?!

I think before BuckVie he was ok with all the BN soap-opera. Now, I'm not so sure. But he has horses and colleges to pay for, so...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
LOL at the jinglebobs! Seriously?!

I think before BuckVie he was ok with all the BN soap-opera. Now, I'm not so sure. But he has horses and colleges to pay for, so...
Oh yes. I think that's from Mick's first book? Maybe Ken said it elsewhere...? But yes, her timing was so far off that they taped the jingles down(jinglebob is a funny word that my deceased Mom used for earrings, and I've always found it to be a hilarious word).

It's very difficult to imagine that he doesn't have enough money, but he sells go your own way and Holiday Road constantly now, so who knows?