User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2002, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Ultra-rare radio sighting....

I woke up this morning and turned on the radio... like I always do... and the first song I heard, was Christine's solo track "Got A Hold On Me."

Talk about a cool way to start your day!

For Pittsburgh area Ledgies, I was listening to The Mix, 97.3.... which is actually very Stevie & Fleetwood Mac friendly... but this is the first time I ever heard one of Christine's solo tunes on there!

Johnny Stew
Old 06-05-2002, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's funny, I heard that same song a couple of weeks ago on 105.3 here in Savannah, another very friendly Stevie/Mac station, and I racked my brain trying to remember what record it was on because I immediately assumed it was a Mac tune, then was also somewhat surprised to find out they actually played a Chris solo song.

There are still a few independent companies around with a modicum of taste, although they ARE few and far between!

Thank goodness for those few that are able to make a Mac fan"s day, huh?
Old 06-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Ledgie

Cool Hi Johnny!

Hmmm...I'll have to check out The Mix...what is their format? I don't know if I can get that one way out here, but it won't hurt to try! Especially for a Stevie/Mac friendly station!

Strangely enough, I hear Got a Hold on Me rather frequently in the grocery store!

I've been loving one of the stations I've been listening to (an oldies station from Brookville, PA) because they recently began playing Bob Welch's "Ebony Eyes" on quite a regular basis. Now if they'd just play another of his - "Your Precious Love" - I'd be an EXTREMELY happy camper! That's another of my faves of his, but I don't own the album it's from. Luckily I DO have French Kiss, so I can hear Ebony Eyes whenever I want to (and STILL crank it when it's on the radio - hehehe)!

Lori (who is going out to the kitchen to try to tune in 97.3 right now!)
Old 06-05-2002, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a station here that plays that song quite a bit. They play alot of rare songs. I was surprised to hear Lindsey's "Trouble" and I've heard Stevie's "Everyday." It's pretty kewl.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 06-06-2002, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Hi Johnny!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lori
I'll have to check out The Mix...what is their format?

Hi Lori!!!

Their format is pretty typical... they play a mix of pop-rock from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today (i think that's even their motto!)....
a lot of good stuff though, and even if they play a stinker, the next tune is usually great.

I used to hear "Every Day" and "Sorcerer" pretty frequently when they were each newly-released singles, and it's no surprise to hear "Gypsy", "Dreams", "Rhiannon", or several of Stevie & Fleetwood Mac's other bigger singles.... but "Got A Hold On Me" was a shocker!

By the way... it has been WAY too long since we last had a chance to chat!!! How're you doing? How's the hubby? How're the children? How's life in general?
:-)

Take good care, doll....
Johnny Stew
Old 06-06-2002, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to hear that song all the time here on 101.5 The Star. Along with the original Go Insane, My Little Demon, Blue Denim...they played A LOT of FM/Stevie and even quite a bit of Lindsey solo...but then the stupid station changed owners...and they got new DJs and now it just sucks. I haven't heard one FM/Stevie/Lindsey song since.

~~Angela~~
Old 06-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i swear i saw this song on vh1. twice.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2002, 11:36 PM
Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Hi Johnny!

Well, I tried, and I can't tune 97.3 in, dag-nabit! Too bad, because it sounds like a really cool station. Kind of like The Point, 100.7 USED to be (remember I had told you about them) BEFORE they became Star 100.7 and changed their format. I mean, it's still an okay station, but now they just play new stuff, and I can guarantee no recent Stevie tunes are in rotation there.

I now find myself flipping between an oldies station from Brookville, an "adult contemporary" or whatever station from Butler, and DVE. An eclectic group, for sure.

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew

By the way... it has been WAY too long since we last had a chance to chat!!! How're you doing? How's the hubby? How're the children? How's life in general?
:-)
Things are better than they've been for awhile...Mike is in his second week of work at his new job (Dahntahn - hehehe), after having been laid off since April. We're very thankful, even though it means a longer commute AND having to pay out the wazoo for parking.

Next week is Aislinn's last week of homeschooling for the 1st grade, and her teacher/mom is happy to report that she aced the year - straight A+'s in every subject (provided she doesn't majorly screw up her end-of-quarter tests next week!). And lemme tell ya, 1st grade is VERY different than what I remember...she has Phonics, Reading, Spelling, English, Math, Science, American History, Religion, Handwriting, Art, Phys Ed, and Music. It kept us both on our toes, for sure. Both teacher and student are looking VERY forward to summer vacation!

Dominic has both speech therapy and occupational therapy, and is just doing great. He is truly a different child than he was even 9 months ago. It is amazing. He is completely potty trained, which we had started to doubt would ever happen after so much trouble with it. It just seems that all of a sudden, his neurological system just "clicked" and he started to process things that were almost impossible for him before. The great thing is that it is really allowing his personality to flourish; it seems that his sensory problems kind of kept him locked in his own little world...the only feelings/needs he was aware of were his own, and even those were a mystery to him most of the time. Now he is aware of the "world outside of Dominic" as I like to say; he can recognize his own feelings and put a name to them, and at the same time he is aware of OTHER people's feelings and needs, plus he's aware that there are consequences to his actions, etc. It is truly amazing. I can definitely say our prayers have been/are being answered, and I consider his progress nothing short of miraculous.

Madeleine (Maddy) is 2 YEARS OLD. Can you believe it? She is SO smart, and boy, can that girl talk! She is also EXTREMELY strong-willed...she has a plan or mission engaged at every moment, and as Mr. T says, I pity the fool who even entertains the thought of standing in her way! I must say, she can really hold her own with her siblings, too. She pretty much runs the show, and when the inevitable moments occur when she CAN'T control the situation, she voices her displeasure VERY well and VERY loudly. In the same token, she is a very happy, sweet, and adorable child who just charms everyone and brightens everyone's day.

I myself feel like I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...a tunnel I've been traveling through for about 3 years now. It is a good feeling. I can illustrate just how good I am feeling by telling you that we are discussing trying for baby #4 in a couple of months. Yep, you heard me correctly. I want to have a little bit of time to try and get into a little better shape first. Hopefully with summer upon us, things will be a bit more conducive to success in that area...you know, more outdoor activity and lots of yummy watermelon (versus parking myself on the couch and imbibing in copious amounts of chocolate). Wish me luck!

Bet by now everyone's wishing you'd never asked, Johnny! Seriously, I'm sorry to post such a lengthy off-topic reply, but quite a few people have asked me for updates on Mike's job situation and Dominic's status, so I figured 'no time like the present.'

Okay, back into semi-lurkerdom I go...

Lori

PS: Johnny, how are YOU???
Old 06-07-2002, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lori, I've missed you too! So glad you posted with a great update! It's same-ole, same-ole here!

Visit us more often if possible.

P.S. Please tell me how that home schooling works. I have considered it for Sara.

Maria
Old 06-07-2002, 10:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

Talking

i hear Got a Hold on Me every once in a while......yesterday i heard 3 FM/Stevie songs on the radio! Talk to Me, Rhiannon, and You Make Loving Fun.....everytime i turned on the radio, it was FM!!! and then already today i heard Gypsy.....

hey Lori! i'm glad everything is finally getting better for you!!!!!! it's great to hear from you again!
Oh, steal your heart away~
Old 06-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kind of like The Point, 100.7 USED to be (remember I had told you about them) BEFORE they became Star 100.7 and changed their format.
Yeah, 100.7 used to be great. You can still hear Edge of 17 quite frequently on it, but that's it. The other two stations that were always great with Stevie and Fleetwood Mac were 96.1 and 104.3. But then 96.1 turned into what I like to call "The Garbage of Today" and 104.3 turned into one of the Froggy stations (Pittsburgh has like, three Froggy stations for some reason) which is country. I was very disappointed, well, no, rather pissed off when I learned about each one's change.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hey Lor!

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this!

I'm so glad to hear that Mike found a new job and that everything is going so well.

I'm also very happy to hear that Aislinn and Madeleine are both doing so well.... but i have to tell you that I'm even happier to hear that Dominic is making so much headway! That has to be quite a relief for you and Mike.
I think about your family often, and I always send good vibes your way.
I'm really glad things are looking up (and i hope they stay that way!!!)

Oh!... and a FOURTH! Wow, you two ARE trying for 'Parents Of The Year'!!!!

Things are good around here... same 'ol, same ol'!

No big news to report... but sometimes that can be a good thing!

Keep in touch, Lori!

Johnny Stew
Old 06-21-2002, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386

104.3 turned into one of the Froggy stations (Pittsburgh has like, three Froggy stations for some reason) which is country. I was very disappointed, well, no, rather pissed off when I learned about each one's change.

I used to listen to 104.3 too.... and i really dug it. It was the only station where you could hear "Sentimental Lady," "Ebony Eyes," "Trouble," "Holiday Road" and "After The Glitter Fades" (alongside the more famous tunes).

I was so mad when they became a Froggy station. I didnt even know they were switching formats... I just turned the radio on one evening, and a country-sounding song was playing. I thought it was kind of odd that they were playing it... but i figured maybe they were just pulling out yet another obscure track. Then another country tune came on, and i started to get worried.
When the DJ came on and called the station "Froggy 104.3", I knew that my favorite station was dead.

Oh... and those dang Froggy stickers are EVERYWHERE.
Talk about salt in a wound!

Johnny Stew
Old 06-21-2002, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My lovely 102.9 is great. They are starting to play the b-sides or getting albums and just playing "rare" tracks.

The other night I heard World Turning. They mostly do take from the White Album and damn..what a good album that is !

I never heard a Christine solo song. Id *hit myself!!! I love that album too.

LORI! Im so happy for you!! You deserve ALL the good that happens to you! And it IS summer...so you and the kids take walks everyday and you'll be in shape for baby #4 in NO time

Johnny Stew, I owe you a PM and I need your IM handle again, for I got my AOL instant message back!

Old 06-21-2002, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow.. I hardly ever hear Got A Hold On Me on the radio.. and I really like that song too! Our classic rock station in NY Q104.3 plays some FM and Stevie, but never Christine. They play the usual Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, The Chain, You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me and Go Your Own Way. Once in a blue moon, I will hear Gypsy or Rhiannon. Stevie solo.. they only really play Edge of 17.

Lori.. it is wonderful to hear how well everything is going for you!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~