Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Becca are you familiar with Charles Krauthammer the Pulitzer Prize
winning author and political commentator?
Yeah, this guy...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...r-husband.html

Seems another extreme type manufacturing outrage, the kind that got the Republican party into it's current problems. It might be an idea to put back in the FCC regulations that at one time prevented G. Gordon Liddy and Rush Limbaugh style broadcasting as well as Michael Moore and some of the infotainment types on both Fox and MSNBC. Generally it seems like there is a pool of a couple of hundred credentialed talking head types half of which seem a lot more supposed 'entertainment' and informational.

Last edited by becca; 08-06-2016 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 08-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
As a white male who has worked and fought for everything I have in life, I find that statement to be highly offensive and prejudicial.
It's been posited that when Trump and the majority of his fans call for making America great again they seem to be talking about times when white men had unquestioned seniority in most fields. I am offended in the extreme by many things these mostly white men say, and most by their leader born into privilege and then saying women should give up their careers to make sure their husbands sinners are on the table after their supposed unquestioned hard work, and give up their careers or jobs if one of them harasses her on the job.

Do you know the term "Born on third base and thinks he hit a triple?" You are in a bubble of privilege and extreme slanted media manipulation that was once not allowed before your FCC was stripped and made toothless. I have heard many southern white males talk about how when they were children there was never a race problem, another clear example of a bubble of ignorance. And now they want a non-politician for the top political office, the only appeal of which is unfounded promises of returning to some good old days favored overwhelmingly by white males, particularly with lower education.

As with the much loved John Wayne what you get behind the facade and posturing is not true, so often hard work stands in for there buddy got them their job. Wayne had every string pulled to get out of serving in WWII for the sake of his acting career, Trump had five deferments after graduating a military college to get out of serving in Vietnam. All fine until you start blustering about green berets and water-boarding and getting tough. Like Black Lives Matter the rest are not all going to keep taking the b.s. and throwing the mud that belongs on you onto others and drumming up apathy. Not qualified is not qualified regardless of anything else which is why Mitt Romney didn't quite making for simple 'looking the part' as was often said of him.

As a white woman I've been particularly successful, I am often confronted, always by white men alluding to my sleeping my way to things or being given deference to fill some imaginary female quota. I see the down side of male colleagues needlessly competing against each other in very negative ways too. My father is a white man who works harder than anyone I've ever known and with little access to education and I've seen how poorly that is rewarded and seen a lot of boors who pretend to be what he actually is as a weapon against others. My father survived starvation in Holland at the end of WWII as a child and had family killed by invaders for organizing stoppages to protest Jewish people being marched away and he has no such huge outrage and blame in him. A lot of white men have become spoiled brats and are tantruming lately in this self-righteous fight against political correctness and the supposed 'lust for power' they see in Hillary's eyes. I am not interested in taking their side because it only makes them worse and doesn't help them.

I can well imagine the 'takes a village' common sense grates on those who have some fantasy of being totally self-made and winners in some meritocracy. You are not subjected to lower pay for equal work nor likely experienced the lack of opportunities I have while those with the money and the skin color and sex go past at unexplainable speed. Long ago I even helped a white male newer to a field and watched him praised for being such a fast learner and advance to the top only to treat others with no generosity. I never quite did that again. It did him no good as it went to his head and he actually attacked others to a point where I noticed after awhile he had the success but no friends. Guess what, he blamed me.

A wise man has some appreciation of what he can't or at least doesn't know, a buffoon is one of these 'I know' characters who has some strange personal stake in magically just knowing as a man... directions, details of real events, how it is for black people in their community, that women have it easy, that they saw Muslims celebrating in NYC (just knew they were Muslims too).

Sorry i don't give simple answers of a sentence or two. I don't know you so of course this is not personal but generalization based on personal observance and education on statistical evidence beyond that.

Grade ten education here by the way, I have had a lot to overcome.

Last edited by becca; 08-06-2016 at 01:43 PM..
Old 08-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
It's been posited that when Trump and the majority of his fans call for making America great again they seem to be talking about times when white men had unquestioned seniority in most fields. I am offended in the extreme by many things these mostly white men say, and most by their leader born into privilege and then saying women should give up their careers to make sure their husbands sinners are on the table after their supposed unquestioned hard work, and give up their careers or jobs if one of them harasses her on the job.

Do you know the term "Born on third base and thinks he hit a triple?" You are in a bubble of privilege and extreme slanted media manipulation that was once not allowed before your FCC was stripped and made toothless. I have heard many southern white males talk about how when they were children there was never a race problem, another clear example of a bubble of ignorance. And now they want a non-politician for the top political office, the only appeal of which is unfounded promises of returning to some good old days favored overwhelmingly by white males, particularly with lower education.

As with the much loved John Wayne what you get behind the facade and posturing is not true, so often hard work stands in for there buddy got them their job. Wayne had every string pulled to get out of serving in WWII for the sake of his acting career, Trump had five deferments after graduating a military college to get out of serving in Vietnam. All fine until you start blustering about green berets and water-boarding and getting tough. Like Black Lives Matter the rest are not all going to keep taking the b.s. and throwing the mud that belongs on you onto others and drumming up apathy. Not qualified is not qualified regardless of anything else which is why Mitt Romney didn't quite making for simple 'looking the part' as was often said of him.

As a white woman I've been particularly successful, I am often confronted, always by white men alluding to my sleeping my way to things or being given deference to fill some imaginary female quota. I see the down side of male colleagues needlessly competing against each other in very negative ways too. My father is a white man who works harder than anyone I've ever known and with little access to education and I've seen how poorly that is rewarded and seen a lot of boors who pretend to be what he actually is as a weapon against others. My father survived starvation in Holland at the end of WWII as a child and had family killed by invaders for organizing stoppages to protest Jewish people being marched away and he has no such huge outrage and blame in him. A lot of white men have become spoiled brats and are tantruming lately in this self-righteous fight against political correctness and the supposed 'lust for power' they see in Hillary's eyes. I am not interested in taking their side because it only makes them worse and doesn't help them.
I can surely empathize with your negative feelings about the white men you talk about in your post. But you are not going to "lump" me in with these sorts based on the color of my skin, my sex, or where I was born and live.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry i don't give simple answers of a sentence or two. I don't know you so of course this is not personal but generalization based on personal observance and education on statistical evidence beyond that.

Grade ten education here by the way, I have had a lot to overcome.
Time constraints. Sorry I can't elaborate further.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh. Well, have it your own way then.

(badomp-bomp)
Old 08-07-2016, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, this guy...
Sounds like you don't respect him as much as I.

Those Iranians. They're a comical bunch. Did
you all hear the music blasting from their vehicles
as they drove away with the four hundred million
dollars? I'll admit you have to really listen for it
over all the shouting. But I'm pretty sure I heard
the Steve Miller Band playing Take The Money And
Run
Old 08-07-2016, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The sooner the left quits making everything about race and social justice, the sooner we can get back on track to letting racism and social injustice go away on their own naturally; like they have been for the last fifty plus years. Today's left doesn't realize that they're making social inequality problems worse by making some groups appear as victims and other groups appear as villains.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let me try to understand this one... it's not for example black people saying they're experiencing racism and discrimination? It's just liberals fooling them into thinking that's what they're experiencing? Were it not for these liberals seeing what's not there and making the minorities believe in it too there'd be no problems?

I can't hardly find people just to simply acknowledge that black lives matter, even that simple and basic statement seems to be impossible to agree with without a huge song and dance or argument. Come on, Trayvon Martin "armed with a sidewalk"... these are fairly deep problems, and I include Canada in that as well, I've seen racism against blacks and natives here all my life. Given how much people are still profiting and benefiting off of what both groups have lost I think they ought to be put first before anybody else if we are going to put people first. Discriminate in favor of for awhile, like people want to and should be doing for veterans instead of paying lip service. Black Lives Matter don't even get lip service so it would be an advance just to simply agree with them with no ands or buts.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
The sooner the left quits making everything about race and social justice, the sooner we can get back on track to letting racism and social injustice go away on their own naturally; like they have been for the last fifty plus years. Today's left doesn't realize that they're making social inequality problems worse by making some groups appear as victims and other groups appear as villains.
start by not electing a men of faith , who doing nothing but prevent progress as they line their pockets with cash from lobbyist , but will eventually be caught in a toilet with a man , raping a child or having a 2nd family with a stripper
Old 08-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me try to understand this one... it's not for example black people saying they're experiencing racism and discrimination? It's just liberals fooling them into thinking that's what they're experiencing? Were it not for these liberals seeing what's not there and making the minorities believe in it too there'd be no problems?

Exactly.

I can't hardly find people just to simply acknowledge that black lives matter, even that simple and basic statement seems to be impossible to agree with without a huge song and dance or argument. Come on, Trayvon Martin "armed with a sidewalk"... these are fairly deep problems, and I include Canada in that as well, I've seen racism against blacks and natives here all my life. Given how much people are still profiting and benefiting off of what both groups have lost I think they ought to be put first before anybody else if we are going to put people first. Discriminate in favor of for awhile, like people want to and should be doing for veterans instead of paying lip service. Black Lives Matter don't even get lip service so it would be an advance just to simply agree with them with no ands or buts.

If we want equality, we can't put some groups before others. That's another divisive action. Why is it so difficult for people to just be decent people?
Old 08-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
start by not electing a men of faith , who doing nothing but prevent progress as they line their pockets with cash from lobbyist , but will eventually be caught in a toilet with a man , raping a child or having a 2nd family with a stripper

That has nothing to do with what I said. It also sounds like you're stereotyping.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Trump admits he didn't see nonexistent Iran money video
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...y-video-226706

Yeah, yeah, he saw a video on Fox News and assumed.
Closed Thread