User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I hope Stevie writes new material!! No more old demos... save that for Dave...
I'm sure Stevie will have new songs, but there is nothing wrong recording a demo; they don't have an expiration date. Our familiarity with her demos has no particular consequence.

What if a song like Rhiannon never evolved beyond a demo? Would it be too "old" to record in the future? Wouldn't you like it if she promised you heaven?

I'm elated that she's on board. We only have a scant five studio albums by the five fireflies. A sixth final album is very welcome.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-07-2015 at 10:20 PM..
Old 12-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I'd like to see a standard version and a deluxe version, the deluxe including the EP songs redone with Christine.
If it's true, I hope they flesh out the EP songs; Sad Angel is the only one that sounds fully formed. I have a feeling it will be a lengthy album, along the lines of Say You Will.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-08-2015 at 03:38 PM..
Old 12-08-2015, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wonder if Herbert Worthington is doing the cover photo?

?noos ooT
Old 12-08-2015, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She must have agree during the last leg of the tour...hence the defrosting between Stevie and Lindsey. That's my guess. Good news! I hope this is true.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

I always felt that SN would do another album with FM. I must admit,though, it was fun to watch the debate whether she would or not.
How could she not??? Her past actions, quotes, interviews were all about FM carrying on. She always called FM "her band"... She came into the SYW sessions with "songs that were for FM".... Always proud of the "big time band of Fleetwood Mac". She knows where her bread - and clout - is buttered.
Even though she has had more commercial success with her solo career than my beloved Lindsey, the big machine of FM has done the same for her-- given her the avenues to pursue her own creative endeavors.

On a side note - going out on this last world tour, right after a huge world tour, because Christine came back, and putting all her own plans on halt, speaks volumes on just how committed SN really is to FM. I mean, come on!, there was no 3 year gap in between tours! Ha! I see it as she has sucked it up, marched on, and will not let the "whole big rock'n'roll thang of Fleetwood friggin Mac" whimper out.

And I think they all knew it too. Just drama... Just drama.....

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 12-08-2015, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
I always felt that SN would do another album with FM. I must admit,though, it was fun to watch the debate whether she would or not.
How could she not??? Her past actions, quotes, interviews were all about FM carrying on. She always called FM "her band"... She came into the SYW sessions with "songs that were for FM".... Always proud of the "big time band of Fleetwood Mac". She knows where her bread - and clout - is buttered.
Even though she has had more commercial success with her solo career than my beloved Lindsey, the big machine of FM has done the same for her-- given her the avenues to pursue her own creative endeavors.

On a side note - going out on this last world tour, right after a huge world tour, because Christine came back, and putting all her own plans on halt, speaks volumes on just how committed SN really is to FM. I mean, come on!, there was no 3 year gap in between tours! Ha! I see it as she has sucked it up, marched on, and will not let the "whole big rock'n'roll thang of Fleetwood friggin Mac" whimper out.

And I think they all knew it too. Just drama... Just drama.....
I'e always thought the same. They MILK the "drama" to the press, because it has kept them in the press since 1977! None of them are stupid. Keep the tension simmering, and when they "re-unite, re-convene, re-habilitate", the press EATS it up!
Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 AM
Junior Ledgie

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/12/07...comment-page-1

There has been an update on the article citing stevie will do a few solo projects beforehand
Old 12-08-2015, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevienicksfan1 View Post
http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/12/07...comment-page-1

There has been an update on the article citing stevie will do a few solo projects beforehand
...and FM is working on a project without her.

I should have known this was not a trusted news source.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh dear It did seem a little strange, like things were moving along too smoothly.

The saga continues....
Old 12-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think it's at all a bad sign that Stevie wants to do a few "solo projects" before an FM album. In fact, I figured that was a given and what she was likely holding out for all along.

She can do a small solo tour in the spring, April-May, while the band tinkers with songs she gives them, then hit the studio with them over the summer, putting the new album at a fall 2016/spring 2017 release.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 12-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
I don't think it's at all a bad sign that Stevie wants to do a few "solo projects" before an FM album. In fact, I figured that was a given and what she was likely holding out for all along.

She can do a small solo tour in the spring, April-May, while the band tinkers with songs she gives them, then hit the studio with them over the summer, putting the new album at a fall 2016/spring 2017 release.
no, i think that would be a perfect timeline. as long as they are not in a standstill anymore and they can plan their year, it should be all good.

the problem is that we are now very unsure whether we can trust ANYTHING written in that "article".

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually think most of the sturm und drang comes from fans rather than the group itself.

It's not at all surprising that Nicks mentions doing a few solo projects prior to the new Mac album coming out. It's in line with Buckingham's comments that the new album may take awhile to finish, and with Nicks's previous comments about wanting to release an expanded version of 24 Karat Gold.

The major news is that Nicks is now saying there will be a new Mac album, something she wasn't saying before.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I actually think most of the sturm und drang comes from fans rather than the group itself.

It's not at all surprising that Nicks mentions doing a few solo projects prior to the new Mac album coming out. It's in line with Buckingham's comments that the new album may take awhile to finish, and with Nicks's previous comments about wanting to release an expanded version of 24 Karat Gold.

The major news is that Nicks is now saying there will be a new Mac album, something she wasn't saying before.
actually, most fans are just transmitting what Christine, Mick and Lindsey have been saying either in interviews, in Mick's meet and greets and in Lindsey's encounters with fans.

all three of them were very clear since the beginning of 2014 that everyone in FM except Stevie wants that new FM album, that they've been already working on bunch of new songs with at least 7 finished, that they are really hoping that Stevie will get on board, but that they will find other options to get their new material out if she's not on board, and that they are frustrated with not knowing what is next for FM and not being able to make any other plans because they keep waiting for Stevie to make up her mind one way or another.

so if this piece of news is true, and if Stevie has finally come to a decision to join the FM album, that must be a huge relief for the rest of the band, so they can finally make some plans.

and yes, probably since the early 80s this has been how FM operates, we just didn't know all this since there was no social media, and maybe Mick and Lindsey were not as open to talking to fans as they are these days. that doesn't mean these people don't get fed up with the same ole inefficient way of operating, as they are getting older and the time is running out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What an absolutely crap piece of journalism this is. Regarding the update- I assume this is extra information the writer happens to 'remember' from the original meeting as opposed to 'new' information that subsequently came through to him. My next query is- Mick will be working on a 'Fleetwood Mac project of some kind' or has he got that wrong too? Will it in fact turn out to be a 'Mick Fleetwood project'?
Old 12-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What an absolutely crap piece of journalism this is. Regarding the update- I assume this is extra information the writer happens to 'remember' from the original meeting as opposed to 'new' information that subsequently came through to him. My next query is- Mick will be working on a 'Fleetwood Mac project of some kind' or has he got that wrong too? Will it in fact turn out to be a 'Mick Fleetwood project'?
i know, i just wrote this exact same thing somewhere else.

i really hope you are right and this will be some Mick Fleetwood project, not that FM will be slaving away in the studio the whole year waiting for SN to join, kinda like they did according to Destiny Rules doc for SYW.

i want Lindsey to have the first part of the year for his solo projects. i want him to put some of that treasure trove of new music he has been recording since 2012 out as another solo album, and i want a solo tour in 2016. last time we saw him solo on tour was 2012 - way too long for my taste! i'm sure he conveniently forgot by now that he promised a "request" solo tour.