The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No chance of BuckVie songs. Amongst all this mess, one of the saddest things for me is the realisation I'll probably never get to hear any of those songs live. I held out some hope of a BuckVie UK tour. Failing that was the chance Carnival Begin and On With the Show might have appeared on a Fleetwood Mac tour as they didn't feature on the BuckVie tour. No chance now.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
No chance of BuckVie songs. Amongst all this mess, one of the saddest things for me is the realisation I'll probably never get to hear any of those songs live. I held out some hope of a BuckVie UK tour. Failing that was the chance Carnival Begin and On With the Show might have appeared on a Fleetwood Mac tour as they didn't feature on the BuckVie tour. No chance now.
i know. and that's why Lindsey was #CryingUncotrollably at the end of the last BuckVie show - because of the very real possibility they may never do those 8 songs live again. if he only knew........................

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not. Going. To. Happen.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Hi all
What are the odds of Fleetwood Mac playing Christine's Buckingham McVie songs on tour this year?
I'd love to hear Red Sun with Stevie's vocals and Game of Pretend would make a good pre-Songbird encore.
What do you think?
I bet Lindsey would be absolutely ropable if they did this.
James
P.S. Sorry about all these hypothetical threads. I just really like exploring the what-ifs in life.
Is this a serious question?! Really? Only when the BuckVie/FM album was in its' conception stage could I hear Stevie's voice on some of the tracks. Sorry, didn't happen then, and IT SURE AIN'T HAPPENING NOW! That's one record Stevie Nicks never plays at her "pad" . Sure she says she's listened to it and loves it, but thems just Stevie talk. We know the real truth!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
And sadly I don't think there's a chance for BuckVie 2. No matter how happy Christine looks in all the publicity shots. She also betrayed Lindsey. But we know that when there's a chance of creating, Lindsey can't resist it, so who knows?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And sadly I don't think there's a chance for BuckVie 2. No matter how happy Christine looks in all the publicity shots. She also betrayed Lindsey. But we know that when there's a chance of creating, Lindsey can't resist it, so who knows?
What a farce...she really did jab it in there no? Lindsey can still create. Keith Urban wants to create with him. I think that would be awesome.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That would be a dream. Or, like they planned... Christine was going to guest in some of LB's solo shows and I imagine they would have played BuckVie or Hold Me or World Turning... Carnival Begin is a gem, too!
Is there no chance of this still happening? It doesn't seem like Christine had much of a big role in the situation or was even happy about it so is there might still be a chance she wants to maintain her and Lindsey's relationship?
Old 05-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know. and that's why Lindsey was #CryingUncotrollably at the end of the last BuckVie show - because of the very real possibility they may never do those 8 songs live again. if he only knew........................
Wait was he really?
Old 05-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I love Christine, and she has some of my most favorite FM songs; however, she's always struck me as the, how do I put this... least connected to her songs. What I mean is, Stevie has said several times she thinks of her songs as children and can't pick a favorite one because she loves them all blah blah, but Christine clearly does not feel the same way about her songs. She was interviewed for the Mirage Deluxe Edition and she admitted she hadn't bothered to listen to it weeks later. So I really don't think she feels passionate about her set list for the tour, she's more practical and is probably content to play whatever the rest of the band is fine with.

I would love to hear Songbird with guitar this tour.
IA with this. I love Christine's songs because they're always catchy and pleasant to listen to but I feel like they're just not very 'hearty', if you know what I mean. Especially compared to Stevie and Lindsey's songs which are very 'hearty' in their own ways.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Wait was he really?
yeah. he started kinda tearing up in the middle of Game of Pretend, and by the time they were doing final hugs he was crying in Christine's shoulder. we figured that must have been because they knew FM tour is coming up and they may never do BuckVie or any of those songs live again.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah. he started kinda tearing up in the middle of Game of Pretend, and by the time they were doing final hugs he was crying in Christine's shoulder. we figured that must have been because they knew FM tour is coming up and they may never do BuckVie or any of those songs live again.
any pics or vids of this?
Old 05-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes there's a thread on Houston / Sugarland BuckVie show somewhere in here.

i thought i was taking a video, but i did that old on/off switch at the wrong time. a friend took a few pics though.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
here http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57608

Old 05-05-2018, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I wonder if Chris gas done the right thing and actually called Lindsey in support, in my gut I feel like she hasn't which is very disappointing