Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Ledgie

Default Whats next for Peter???

Hi Everybody,
Just Joined, 1st post!!!

With everything that I've read saying that the Splinter Group is over, what direction is Peter going to go with his music? Stick with straight forward modern blues (Splinter Group style), or maybe go with something with a bit more percussion (congas & bongos etc...) I just love songs like "Just For You", "Slabo Day", "Rubbing My Eyes" from his comeback era of 1979 thru 1983. Of course anything in any style will be worth listening to if the Green God is playing on it.

Anybody hear any news??
Old 05-04-2005, 10:00 AM
mzero
This message has been deleted by Mario. Reason: at moderator request
Old 05-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Ledgie

Thanks for the info Zero,

I feel I was lucky to see Splinter Group 3 times in the U.S. & each time was about the same as far as Peter's playing goes. It was good to see him smile once or twice on stage when he hit a note just right. His health and well being are by far the most important thing. I think he should just take his time and whatever comes out in his playing will be just fine. I think to many people expected to see the playing level of Peter in the old days of the Mac. I do agree with you about the Splinter Group being a great setup for Peter to begin playing again, and not having to be under the spotlight, the Splinter Group had some great songs in the short time they were a unit, but like it or not I think Peter will always be in the spotlight in any band he is playing in. I'm just happy to hear him play again and hope that he is enjoying it as well.

Al
Old 05-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero
what i'd most like to know at this point is that peter is doing well and, if he is so inclined, is playing regularly.
Zero, that's a really good question as to whether Peter is playing regularly these days. We know he's not performing regularly, but hopefully he does have an opportunity to play and keep his skills sharp. Mario or anyone else here have any idea whether he plays regularly these days?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Olson
I do agree with you about the Splinter Group being a great setup for Peter to begin playing again, and not having to be under the spotlight, the Splinter Group had some great songs in the short time they were a unit, but like it or not I think Peter will always be in the spotlight in any band he is playing in.
I think the PGSG ended up being more work than Peter bargained for in the beginning. Once that first album came out, it was "record, tour, record, tour" almost endlessly until Peter bailed out. Nigel (I'm assuming) was the "evil task-master" and workaholic of the band. I think Peter just needed a break from the constant working environment.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Olson
Thanks for the info Zero,

II do agree with you about the Splinter Group being a great setup for Peter to begin playing again, and not having to be under the spotlight, the Splinter Group had some great songs in the short time they were a unit, but like it or not I think Peter will always be in the spotlight in any band he is playing in.

Al
Concerning the PGSG lasting a short time as a unit: It lasted a hell of a lot longer than PG's Fleetwood Mac!!!!

Wouter
Old 05-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
Concerning the PGSG lasting a short time as a unit: It lasted a hell of a lot longer than PG's Fleetwood Mac!!!!
Hell, they lasted twice as long as PG's time with the Bluesbreakers AND Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Ledgie

I found a web site with a lot of photos of Peter in a recording session with some people that I don't know. The photos look to be recent, but it's hard to tell when the pictures were taken. So maybe he is playing / practicing.

Not being the most computer savvy person around here is the address.....

http://www.rudyrotta.com/depot/041109PeterGreen_2

www.rudyrotta.com/depot/041109PeterGreen_2
Old 05-07-2005, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello Alan,
we were alerted to the R. Rotta sessions some time ago by Mario. The took place fall 2004 I think.
Peter's playing and singing "Black magic woman" on Ruddy's new album, sounding great, playing
with a jazzy feel! Seems to be his last documented trip to the studios though...
Old 05-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Ledgie

Thanks dino,
I was excited to see the photos, seems like it was old news....

Oh Well
Old 05-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Ledgie

Nice pics Alan. I had actually seen only one of them before. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:04 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi MZero. Very interesting points. Have been abroad for a while hence no postings.
Position is this. The litigation you mention is an action by the government minders on Nigel Watson. This is still ongoing. The minders extracted PG from Splinter by enforcing a clause in the mental health act which allows them to remove anyone from where they work and what this means is that if, for example, someone in PGs condition was an architect and the minders felt inclined to do so for whatever reason they could remove him from the practice. Using the same analogy, if the architect was the creative and senior partner and was removed the question is what happens to the business without the leader: collapse. This is amazing since it is enshrined in the minders procedures to absolutely protect the income of their client, so by removing someone from their income source is a really big step to take. There are dark forces lurking behind all these shenanigans and who nows what the real reasons are.

As it happens PG, Splinter and other people connected with them have all lost loads of future money. Splinter guys have all gone their separate ways and PG is doing his thing in Scandinavia where I guess he is happy, and that is all that matters. Whatever people's views on Watson (the fine line between help and exploitation) I think the point is that he drove the whole shebang forward and everyone benefitted. His reward was to get whacked by the minders. I was talking to PG at their penultimate performance and he was really looking forward to the proposed yankee tour.

For some reason martin celmins who was a sort of live in carer for PG for a while and was very close in with the band and watson seems to have gone over to the side of the government minders. Im not sure where hes coming from but gotta give him credit for thinking of PG. whatever ! So long as we dont forget that PG is not well and needs to be cared for and if that is what is happing in scandinavia somewhere then thats OK with me. There were rumours that the minders wanted him to have a solo career but i think thats a bit of a non starter and I guess he will play as and when it suits him.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info!!

I've read that Nigel is "bad-mouthing" Peter...Why would he do that if there are no hard feelings
and Peter was whisked away against his will?

/dino
Old 05-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino
I've read that Nigel is "bad-mouthing" Peter...
/dino
Where did you read that? It doesn't sound very reasonable...

Thanks Kyoshi, for all the info - it's so hard to find out what's going on
Old 05-31-2005, 03:56 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet
Where did you read that? It doesn't sound very reasonable...

Thanks Kyoshi, for all the info - it's so hard to find out what's going on

You're right, it isnt reasonable. It's all 'Rumours' !!
Where Watson stands is that he is really peeved at what the government minders did, effectivley breaking up the business and putting a lot of people out of work.
From what I know he hasnt been slagging Greeny off as Dino has heard but he certainly intensely dislikes the lawyers and mindersw involved but then so would anybody if your livelihood had been taken away from you and you had a young family to look after.
I think he just wants to move on and put all this behind him cos its been a nightmare, but its also been a nightmare for the other guys who have had to get their working lives back together again, although perhaps not Cotton because he has got a small studio.
What affected all of them was the accusations, so called proof, lack of proof, secret agendas, fear of courts and legal stuff, what are middle aged guys going to do with their lives without Greeny to give them credibility and so on and so on.
there are lots of people out there who think they know what has been going on and urban myths abound, but if you want to drink the cleanest water you have to go the source of the stream................
Old 05-31-2005, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, it's not a rumour, I read it in a Ledge post:

Mario
09-03-2004, 12:16 PM

"So, please keep on spreading the truth, because it seems that NW's dirty tricks and badmouthing will continue"

But what do i know?
/dino