The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what Gerald's issue was, but I enjoyed it. BMR sounded about like what I'd expect BMR sung by Billy Burnette to sound like, and I enjoyed it. BMW was also great. But Rick's such a Green-head and a great guitarist that I'd be shocked if he didn't nail it. Good stuff. I hope they also do "When The Sun Goes Down" and some stuff from "The Visitor" and "I'm Not Me," and I hope this leads to a better Fleetwood Mac tour in 2007. I'd rather have Billy and Rick (and Bob Welch and Bekka) there than Neal and Carlos.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don't know what Gerald's issue was, but I enjoyed it. BMR sounded about like what I'd expect BMR sung by Billy Burnette to sound like, and I enjoyed it. BMW was also great. But Rick's such a Green-head and a great guitarist that I'd be shocked if he didn't nail it. Good stuff. I hope they also do "When The Sun Goes Down" and some stuff from "The Visitor" and "I'm Not Me," and I hope this leads to a better Fleetwood Mac tour in 2007. I'd rather have Billy and Rick (and Bob Welch and Bekka) there than Neal and Carlos.
Well I guess that after all I don't like Billy Burnette then. He sings it bad bad bad.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
What do you know about a truce in the first place? And who did bet that we would last longer?
Second: We've built up quite a name over here Steve.
Gerald my friend, it's all in fun. It's fun watching you 2 go at it sometimes.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just dawned on me that if they switched George out with John, it basically would be what they were going to do after the "Mask" tour. The original plan was for Mick, John, Christine, Stevie, Billy, and Rick to continue making new records, but just the boys would tour.

BTW, there were a lot of lines to read between, but I got the feeling that they're doing what they wanted to do way back when, before they realized that there was an iconic element to Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-24-2006, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I just dawned on me that if they switched George out with John, it basically would be what they were going to do after the "Mask" tour. The original plan was for Mick, John, Christine, Stevie, Billy, and Rick to continue making new records, but just the boys would tour.

BTW, there were a lot of lines to read between, but I got the feeling that they're doing what they wanted to do way back when, before they realized that there was an iconic element to Fleetwood Mac.
Well, if that's the case....where's John then?

Old 08-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, if that's the case....where's John then?
In the process of moving into a new house.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! I wonder if they plan out putting out an album? I'd like to see a live album. From the looks of it, they already played a entire live show. Does anyone know what the set list was? I'm really curious about that.

It's good to see Billy and Rick again. Although they are only a one-album wonder in Fleetwood Mac history, I'm beginning to see them as vital members of the band's "family." They were with Fleetwood Mac for four or so years. Plus, they've done numerous things with Stevie, Mick and Chris.

Rick is a major talent (and seems like a really nice guy), although I agree with some of the comments that his songs are a bit generic. Billy is looking more and more like Elvis these days. Looks like he's wearing a bit of make-up too.

Anyway, just random thoughts.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Although they are only a one-album wonder in Fleetwood Mac history...
Well, yeah, but they did record tracks for the 1988 Greatest Hits album, and they were members when the live video of Tango In The Night was released, so I consider them more than just one-album wonders. And, since Billy was on the Time album & preceeding tour, too...so he's DEFINITELY not a "one-album wonder".

Rick was in the band for 4+ years; but, Billy was a member for over 8 (from 1987-1996)

Last edited by chiliD; 08-30-2006 at 06:02 PM..
Old 08-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just to add to Chili's comments, they also contributed their talents to the new songs on the box-set. Factor those songs with the 1988 "Greatest Hits" album and the song "Roll With Me Henry" (which was Fleetwood Mac minus Stevie), and there's at least an album and a half's worth of released material, which easily becomes two albums worth of material if the unreleased (better) "Mask"-era songs are thrown in.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Ledgie

This seems to have turned into a "post rumours" topic...the rehearsal vids were interesting, I'm sure by the time they are ready to actually perform they will have things together. That Billy guy does have a bit of a high/soft voice for some of the songs...IMO