Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
Btw, I have heard for many years that, "The Long Run" is absolutely about Stevie and the lines, "did you do it for love/did you do it for money/did you do it for spite/did you think you had to honey." is about the subject.
LOL! Yeah, and "Witchy Woman" is absolutely about Stevie too. Henley wrote it in 1971 after she served him biscuits and gravy at Bob's Big Boy. Since she was too poor at the time to touch up her roots, Henley was able to see that she was naturally "raven-haired" and fantasized about her "rocking him in the nighttime" as he chowed down. His consequent bout with food poisoning induced the delirium which inspired the rest of the lyrics.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I don't know... to me it doesn't seem like such a deeply personal moment between them. There are parts where it could be, but Lindsey is very much caught up with his guitar and Stevie is being Stevie.
Obviously they didn't include the entire footage in the film. Since Matt was there, I think he has a better perspective than we do....
Old 09-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
Yeah, now that you mention it, I see I was wrong there. But, as you see....... I voiced an opinion......and was dead wrong.....which...... proves the point I was making.....in the first place.
Well, it sure does!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the whole lot of discussions, assumptions, judgements, assertions etc.. about Stevie's abortions should be aborted. Stevie is a not moral compass, she's just a singer/artist. I'm generally only interested about her on that level - a professional/creative level.

Her work is certainly subject to scrutiny, but her personal life (and the choices she makes), like everyone elses, is her business, not ours. I don't subscribe to the overwrought hyper-tabloid dissection of people's personal lives which has become standard practice both in the media and social networks.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-20-2010 at 10:16 AM..
Old 09-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the whole lot of discussions, assumptions, judgements, assertions etc.. about Stevie's abortions should be aborted. Stevie is a not moral compass, she's just a singer/artist. I'm generally only interested about her on that level - a professional/creative level.

Her work is certainly subject to scrutiny, but her personal life (and the choices she makes), like everyone elses, is her business, not ours. I don't subscribe to the overwrought hyper-tabloid dissection of people's personal lives which has become standard practice both in the media and social networks.

I usually have no filter on my mouth, but this particular issue is such a private one that discussing it (or simply reading the posts) might not be so cool. The only thing more distasteful is Stevie's unholy affirmation of Taylor Swift's alleged talent, which is why I fear Stevie may have been replaced by a robot double.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Obviously they didn't include the entire footage in the film. Since Matt was there, I think he has a better perspective than we do....
Of course they didn't, but he said it was one of the moments which made it into the film and what made it into the film doesn't scream deeply personal to me. I've always thought Goodbye Baby was about abortion, but I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that it must have been one between her and Lindsey because this guy says the moment was "deeply personal" because of the "subject matter". I highly doubt Stevie was like, "Oh lets do this song about mine and Lindsey's aborted baby!" For all we know, he may think this song is a song Stevie wrote about leaving Lindsey and how she felt wrong about it all these years. Now if Matt said oh this was about their baby Stevie aborted, then I would think there was some merit to that, but we are not only reading things into Stevie's song and believing it was about her abortion but then also reading things into Matt's words and assuming now that this song was not only about an abortion, but also one she had because of Lindsey's child. Like I said earlier, Stevie has admitted to having at least one abortion and I honestly wouldn't judge her if she had ten, but I think sometimes we speculate too much, which is fine, but I just want to provide a different perspective.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course they didn't, but he said it was one of the moments which made it into the film and what made it into the film doesn't scream deeply personal to me. I've always thought Goodbye Baby was about abortion, but I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that it must have been one between her and Lindsey because this guy says the moment was "deeply personal" because of the "subject matter". I highly doubt Stevie was like, "Oh lets do this song about mine and Lindsey's aborted baby!" For all we know, he may think this song is a song Stevie wrote about leaving Lindsey and how she felt wrong about it all these years.
I agree with you. He probably does think that, especially when you pair the song with Say Goodbye, which Lindsey makes clear was written after he left the band. He probably thought the song was about them parting and nothing more.

But then let me take the other side for a moment. Even though Matt didn't know the true meaning of the song, if Stevie and Lindsey did, they still could have been sharing a tender abortion moment, only Matt didn't know. Of course, Lindsey probably doesn't know what the heck the song is about either, so he could have been looking at Stevie and thinking, "Oh, this is about when we broke up" and she could have been looking back at him very tearful and emotionally thinking, "Dude, you are really losing your hair fast, all of a sudden."

Michele
Old 09-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan View Post
I agree 100%.

I usually have no filter on my mouth, but this particular issue is such a private one that discussing it (or simply reading the posts) might not be so cool. The only thing more distasteful is Stevie's unholy affirmation of Taylor Swift's alleged talent, which is why I fear Stevie may have been replaced by a robot double.
that's funny!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just thought I'd link this thread to the current one--it was not quite two years ago we had the last go round.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38126
Old 09-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course they didn't, but he said it was one of the moments which made it into the film and what made it into the film doesn't scream deeply personal to me. I've always thought Goodbye Baby was about abortion, but I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that it must have been one between her and Lindsey because this guy says the moment was "deeply personal" because of the "subject matter". I highly doubt Stevie was like, "Oh lets do this song about mine and Lindsey's aborted baby!" For all we know, he may think this song is a song Stevie wrote about leaving Lindsey and how she felt wrong about it all these years. Now if Matt said oh this was about their baby Stevie aborted, then I would think there was some merit to that, but we are not only reading things into Stevie's song and believing it was about her abortion but then also reading things into Matt's words and assuming now that this song was not only about an abortion, but also one she had because of Lindsey's child. Like I said earlier, Stevie has admitted to having at least one abortion and I honestly wouldn't judge her if she had ten, but I think sometimes we speculate too much, which is fine, but I just want to provide a different perspective.
I see your point and it's valid. But, I have a different perspective anyway. You're also making an assumption that Stevie aborted if she did indeed have a pregnancy via Buckingham, she could have miscarried. The odds are pretty great that she had at least one pregnancy with LB anyway - they lived together for what - 5 or 6 years at least. He still remains (to our knowledge) the longest relationship she's ever had. And, he must be pretty virile - he's sired thrice in his late '50's...

Why is more believable that Rupert Hine (or anyone else besides Henley) would have been one of her baby daddy's?? That is so laughable to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I agree with you. He probably does think that, especially when you pair the song with Say Goodbye, which Lindsey makes clear was written after he left the band. He probably thought the song was about them parting and nothing more.

But then let me take the other side for a moment. Even though Matt didn't know the true meaning of the song, if Stevie and Lindsey did, they still could have been sharing a tender abortion moment, only Matt didn't know. Of course, Lindsey probably doesn't know what the heck the song is about either, so he could have been looking at Stevie and thinking, "Oh, this is about when we broke up" and she could have been looking back at him very tearful and emotionally thinking, "Dude, you are really losing your hair fast, all of a sudden."

Michele
Just to play devil's advocate on this - we don't know that Matt doesn't know the truth...

LOL about the hair!!

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-21-2010 at 10:02 PM..
Old 09-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This shared moment talk got me thinking desultorily of Lindsey finishing Goodbye Baby for Stevie in Reno. He got the words a bit mussed. I think he thinks the song is about shimmering glass shattering and that's about it.

I wonder why he didn't read the teleprompter with the lyrics on it that Cory operates for Stevie. I wonder if he can see far enough to read it, when he's on stage. I assume he's got his contacts in.

Michele
Old 09-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This shared moment talk got me thinking desultorily of Lindsey finishing Goodbye Baby for Stevie in Reno. He got the words a bit mussed. I think he thinks the song is about shimmering glass shattering and that's about it.

I wonder why he didn't read the teleprompter with the lyrics on it that Cory operates for Stevie. I wonder if he can see far enough to read it, when he's on stage. I assume he's got his contacts in.

Michele
I think the monitors are slightly tilted inward toward Stevie. I think it would be a stretch for him to be able to see them. Plus, he would look slightly awkward in his position looking to that part of the stage.

PS...this is a stretch and really of no obvious importance. But Stevie did start wearing pink onstage for the first time (to the best of my knowledge) in a while on the live performances of "goodbye baby." Just associating pink with the sex of an aborted child?
Old 09-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think that Lindsey sings about Stevie aborting their child in "Flying Down Juniper" ( If we forgive ourselves we might be whole, But you know that wishing won't make it so) and "To Try for the Sun"(And who will be the one, To say it was no good what we done...). Yes, I know that Donovan wrote TTFTS, but Lindsey has obviously made the song his own by changing some of the lyrics.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I think that Lindsey sings about Stevie aborting their child in "Flying Down Juniper" ( If we forgive ourselves we might be whole, But you know that wishing won't make it so) and "To Try for the Sun"(And who will be the one, To say it was no good what we done...). Yes, I know that Donovan wrote TTFTS, but Lindsey has obviously made the song his own by changing some of the lyrics.
:s I didn't know that Stevie aborted one of Lindsey's children too :s Guess you learn something new every day.