The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I won't be stressing out over finding floor seats in the first 10-15 rows, I won't fork over hundreds of dollars above face value, and I won't spend a dime on low quality, overpriced merch... but in all honestly I'll still be going as long as tickets are reasonable.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love Christine more than members of my own family. I'm so angry with her. The only glimmer of hope is that she wanted to make guest appearances with LB on his solo stints. I imagine to do BuckVie! I bet I know who got jealous.

$tevie and MIck even took that away from us. $he played this very well.
Yeah, Stevie and Mick certainly ruined everything for us, BV included.

I don't know if this was planned, or jealousy (BV) and grief (Tom's death) played a big part in Stevie's actions, but whatever was the reason she finally got what she wanted.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if this was planned, or jealousy (BV) and grief (Tom's death) played a big part in Stevie's actions, but whatever was the reason she finally got what she wanted. [/QUOTE]

I hope someone from the FM organization hops on here from time to time to lurk and see what the”real folks” who line their pockets think.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love Christine more than members of my own family. I'm so angry with her. The only glimmer of hope is that she wanted to make guest appearances with LB on his solo stints. I imagine to do BuckVie! I bet I know who got jealous.

$tevie and MIck even took that away from us. $he played this very well.
it's kinda funny how there's a part of chiff fandom that keep preaching how everyone's biased towards their favorite and are completely oblivious that you and Homer and all these other ledgies posting in this thread for example are actually Chris fans and mad and disappointed in her. and so on the edge because woman is 75 and reality has to set in.

can you even imagine how furious SN must have been over even the idea that Chris might join LB at his solo outings? woman was even jealous while still together with him back in the 70s, just seeing him work on WT with Chris.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 04-18-2018 at 07:06 PM..
Old 04-18-2018, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I hope someone from the FM organization hops on here from time to time to lurk and see what the”real folks” who line their pockets think.
oh they can just check their social media accounts. FM FB page is slammed with hate comments. way way worse than anything than what people who are trying to be civil post here.

not to even mention Mick's IG.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
How many fans are there who are primarily Christine fans? There seem to be zillions of fans who say they're Stevie fans, or Lindsey fans, or fans of the band as a whole, but how many are there who mostly (or entirely) care about Christine?

She has always been my favorite member of the band, going back to the Welch era. I was ecstatic when she rejoined, and paid to see Fleetwood Mac for the first time in a long time. I was ecstatic when she recorded an album and toured with Lindsey.

However, my revulsion at what the band did to Lindsey is stronger than my desire to see Chris in concert again. I have exactly zero interest in seeing a show dominated by Stevie and featuring these new musicians, about whom I care not a whit. As much as I love Chris' music, I am not intending to go to the On With the Faux tour. But it makes me a little sad, because this might be my last chance to see her.

Anybody else share my predicament?
I'm definitely primarily a Christine fan. I saw FM three times while Burnette and Vito were with them, and enjoyed the shows. Lindsey wasn't with them, but I did see him solo promoting "Out Of The Cradle". After Christine left the band in '98, I refused to see FM unless she returned. So, when they toured with OWTS I saw them twice - once from the third row, directly between Christine and Stevie. The second time on OWTS I was in the front row, directly in front of Lindsey. Many times I moved my hands from the stage just before he stepped on them! I was lucky enough to catch Buckingham/McVie on their tour last fall, third row, directly between Christine and Lindsey. I must say, I found the Buckingham/McVie show to much more enjoyable than any FM concert I've been to.

If Christine is part of this upcoming tour, I'll go, but as always, it's primarily to see her. What I don't want to go through (again) is 10+ minute version of "Gold Dust Woman", or a six-minute story about "Gypsy". Imagine how many more songs could fit in the time taken up by Stevie's ramblings. More than anything, I'd love for them to add some of Christine's songs from the 1971-74 era.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh they can just check their social media accounts. FM FB page is slammed with hate comments. way way worse than anything than what people who are trying to be civil post here.

not to even mention Mick's IG.
I saw Mick's IG--I hope whomever is reading it for him is relaying the "love" he's getting!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLamb View Post
More than anything, I'd love for them to add some of Christine's songs from the 1971-74 era.
Same here. If I heard they were playing any of her songs from the Welch era, I would be really tempted to go. None of those songs have been performed since Christine's solo tour of 1984 when she played "Spare Me a Little" and "Just Crazy Love."

However, realistically, I think there is no chance at all that they will perform any of those songs. The Welch era is dead to them. If BuckVie didn't choose to revive any of those songs, it hardly seems possible that the Big Machine will.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's kinda funny how there's a part of chiff fandom that keep preaching how everyone's biased towards their favorite and are completely oblivious that you and Homer and all these other ledgies posting in this thread for example are actually Chris fans and mad and disappointed in her. and so on the edge because woman is 75 and reality has to set in.

can you even imagine how furious SN must have been over even the idea that Chris might join LB at his solo outings? woman was even jealous while still together with him back in the 70s, just seeing him work on WT with Chris.
EXACTLY. They keep saying, "Stop bashing Stevie", and I've thrown MY FAVORITE - Christine, under the bus completely. She's just a company (wo)man, I guess.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Unfortunately, Stevie is a very powerful force, in case you haven't noticed.

And she's also Mick's friend, not Lindsey's. Well, not in the same way.
Doesn't matter!

She's got plenty of money.
She loves Lindsey.
They just did a fantastic project together.

She could have, she SHOULD have put her foot down, and said, "fire him, and I'm gone, too". That WOULD have stopped it, no question!

Somebody convince me that that wouldn't have stopped it??????????
Old 04-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Doesn't matter!

She loves Lindsey.

She could have, she SHOULD have put her foot down, and said, "fire him, and I'm gone, too". That WOULD have stopped it, no question!

I think Chris could definitely have stopped it, and I am gutted, like you that she didn’t. I think she’s the only one that all respect and all would have listened to. She doesn’t have “issues” with anyone. Even her and John seem to get along well. I love her, but man, I’m disappointed in her esp big time. She has to know this was a big mistake for all the die hard loyal fans.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Doesn't matter!

She loves Lindsey.

If she would have chosen Lindsey's side, story could have been different, I agree.

Christine's opinion matters to Mick, probably even more than Stevie's. But Mick agreed on Stevie's long time whim, and Chris, instead of siding with the only person that helped her to create new music, chose Mick. And Stevie by association.

She's a coward, yes.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
If she would have chosen Lindsey's side, story could have been different, I agree.

Christine's opinion matters to Mick, probably even more than Stevie's. But Mick agreed on Stevie's long time whim, and Chris, instead of siding with the only person that helped her to create new music, chose Mick. And Stevie by association.

She's a coward, yes.
I know. I hope she really regrets it, and knows how much she let the real FM fans down.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I think Chris could definitely have stopped it, and I am gutted, like you that she didn’t. I think she’s the only one that all respect and all would have listened to. She doesn’t have “issues” with anyone. Even her and John seem to get along well. I love her, but man, I’m disappointed in her esp big time. She has to know this was a big mistake for all the die hard loyal fans.
Stevie could have stopped it ..she is Fleetwood Mac's cashcow without question. If she had told Mick if he goes I go we would not be having these conversations. In 1987 she did not want him to leave. This time she did and I have no doubt that she is the catalyst behind his firing .Like others have said Chris and John just went with it .This by no mean should absolve them especially Christine in light of she and Lindsey's recent work together. So very tacky of her.I don't think any of them care much about the die hard fans ..just the $$$.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 04-18-2018 at 10:04 PM..
Old 04-18-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't begrudge anyone who is going to live shows or love the additions of the two replacements. I won't be going to any of the shows even if I could and I certainly won't be buying the album that inevitably is released.