User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I agree with this, but it’s also why I don’t feel sorry for Lindsey any longer. I can easily see the other four tired of him being a jerk so that could be the personal reason why it could not be resolved. We have no idea.He’d sue if he feels there was a breach of contract. He’s been an ass to too many people in the band and in the industry in general. Combined with the fact that he does not have Stevie’s pull, it’s a no brainer. My ex does not Fleetwood Mac and when I mentioned this drama, his first reaction was “what did he do this time?”

And I am not saying Stevie is innocent or an angel.

But it’s ridic to pretend he did not play a role in this.
Chris didn’t have any problem touring with Lindsey, so I don’t understand why you insist this was a band decision. This was all Mick and Stevie. Chris and John were left out.

He has been an ass to the industry in general? Funny because I couldn’t find a single article about his firing where they argue it was ok because he was an ass to the industry in general.

The role he played in all this is that he should have been smarter and not let Stevie get to him so easily.

They have no right to steal his legacy, especially when he was willing to postpone his solo tour. And they’re not 8 anymore.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Here it is:

So I saw Neil and Liam Finn at the Coronation Hall in Waipu on Jan 5th this year.... (tail end of the 1st cyclone of the New Year)..... go camping there every New Years and when we saw this tour of small country town halls we were like "Hell yes!!". Only dabbled into 4 songs of SE and CH fame.... rest was new stuff and brilliantly played! (Well done Neil/Liam/Elroy/ Sharon and band!!)

Trundled along with some friends... happy to be inside a structure after tenting for two days of wet and wind! Watching the show as above - stunning sound and the comic banter of old CH was in effect...... go to the bar to get a wine...... and standing in a less lit area of the hall..... was Mick "I tower over everyone here by a mile" Fleetwood!!! Being a drummer myself the temptation to go and pester him was pretty high (like him) but took that moment to check ones self and leave him alone.

Obviously plans were afoot sometime ago.... so well done to both the Finn Clan and indeed for the Mac and Mike Campbell. I'm glad he is in the mix too.... given there is a connection from Damn the Torpedo's era and the producer that bought Nicks and Petty together (Jimmy Iovine). Seems nicely full circle
I don’t think it’s as calculated as that. Mick played on Neil’s 2016 album and they became good friends. I think Mick’s cameo at Neil’s show in January wasn’t all that different from him and Christine playing that corporate show with Steve Miller and Billy Gibbons. Just a bunch of musical friends getting to do something a little more casual.

That said, I do see a parallel between this and 1987. Mike, like Billy, was the obvious choice. Neil, like Rick Vito, was not as obvious and was probably the last viable musician who Mick had some type of meaningful musical interaction with who could work within the context of Fleetwood Mac prior to the s**t hitting the fan. Much like Lindsey and Stevie.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-15-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Chris didn’t have any problem touring with Lindsey, so I don’t understand why you insist this was a band decision. This was all Mick and Stevie. Chris and John were left out.

We don’t know what happened after the tour, and the time between the tour ended and this decision was made.

He has been an ass to the industry in general? Funny because I couldn’t find a single article about his firing where they argue it was ok because he was an ass to the industry in general.

I am thinking on his behavior that has been chronicled by others. How he behaved in front of Mick Jagger, Dick Clark, etc. He has been an ass. I don’t think there can be any question about it.

The role he played in all this is that he should have been smarter and not let Stevie get to him so easily.

They have no right to steal his legacy, especially when he was willing to postpone his solo tour. And they’re not 8 anymore.
His legacy can’t be stolen. As I said elsewhere, they are all acting like babies. Lindsey is not blameless in this.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with this, but it’s also why I don’t feel sorry for Lindsey any longer. I can easily see the other four tired of him being a jerk so that could be the personal reason why it could not be resolved. We have no idea.He’d sue if he feels there was a breach of contract. He’s been an ass to too many people in the band and in the industry in general. Combined with the fact that he does not have Stevie’s pull, it’s a no brainer. My ex does not Fleetwood Mac and when I mentioned this drama, his first reaction was “what did he do this time?”
1. rumors are he is suing
2. that's wishful thinking of some fans trying to throw the blame on him, that it's all his fault because he's a "jerk". i'm sick and tired of people claiming like that's a fact. while we have no idea how true or not. everyone who's been working with him is having his back now. and if it's true that industry powerplayers are behind this, that may create problems for them yet they are still behind him. that should tell you something.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oops somehow my other comments got mixed up in the post in italics, sorry.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His legacy can’t be stolen. As I said elsewhere, they are all acting like babies. Lindsey is not blameless in this.
yes, but you are trying to put the blame mostly on him, because you know, he's supposedly a "jerk" - even your ex apparently think so, presumably because that's what you used to tell him.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
1. rumors are he is suing
2. that's wishful thinking of some fans trying to throw the blame on him, that it's all his fault because he's a "jerk". i'm sick and tired of people claiming like that's a fact. while we have no idea how true or not. everyone who's been working with him is having his back now. and if it's true that industry powerplayers are behind this, that may create problems for them yet they are still behind him. that should tell you something.
Just like it is wishful thinking to only blame Stevie and Mick. Four band members all agreed. If he had a history of NOT being a jerk, maybe it would not have happened in this way?
Old 04-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

after that video today, i'm just thinking we've all been misled. Stevie was probably pulling the same bs me or him all the time, and it was not much different this time. whether or not he reacted to it, his faith was sealed. someone in industry likes making chimeric bands to try to get even more money. bands of people who won't stur sh*t. meanwhile Lindsey was not being a good little money-making soldier for those people, instead he complained against cashgrab tours. his fate was probably sealed once Chris pushed him to say what he really thought about Classics.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just like it is wishful thinking to only blame Stevie and Mick. Four band members all agreed. If he had a history of NOT being a jerk, maybe it would not have happened in this way?
read my posts. while you are still stuck on rumors from 30 or 4o years ago, like they want you to, i don't think this firing has much to do with their day-to-day childish squabbles. it is very possible there are some way more powerful people than macsters pulling the strings here. and their calculations may have misfired, so far..

or maybe i'm just watching too many movies!

Old 04-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes, but you are trying to put the blame mostly on him, because you know, he's supposedly a "jerk" - even your ex apparently think so, presumably because that's what you used to tell him.
Yes, that’s all I’m hearing too. Lindsey is a jerk. And then the other four.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
after that video today, i'm just thinking we've all been misled. Stevie was probably pulling the same bs me or him all the time, and it was not much different this time. whether or not he reacted to it, his faith was sealed. someone in industry likes making chimeric bands to try to get even more money. bands of people who won't stur sh*t. meanwhile Lindsey was not being a good little money-making soldier for those people, instead he complained against cashgrab tours. his fate was probably sealed once Chris pushed him to say what he really thought about Classics.
And of course we all know who took the opportunity to get rid of him.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And of course we all know who took the opportunity to get rid of him.
i'm not blaming her anymore. i don't think she took more or less opportunity than she normally does. i guess we'll hear when the tour starts whether she's happy or sad. if she's happy then you are right. if she's sad, then it's really not her fault that much. Mick though who went with it i still have just utter disdain for. but mostly i put it on "promoters". you know, those nice people who started Line Nation.

again, maybe i just had too little sleep with this whole roller-coaster week, and i'm making up scenarios that don't exist. idk.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm confused...what is this video you're talking about?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm confused...what is this video you're talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=-B87yPmRy1s

listen all the way through the end.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default The man just got it wrong

This feels like Mick's decision to me. I get the feeling Mick wants to reassert HIS leadership; I'll bet he wants Peter Green songs back in and Lindsey scoffed. And what a complete double standard on the way Lindsey is treated versus waiting three years for Stevie, but then again Mick is a little partial to Stevie .