Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Nothing says "exciting" in a show, like someone giving such a long speech that the other performers have time to go sit and chat with fans.
It was reflected in a solo show review that I read. People came for the music. A little banter is fun. But, to talk about yourself incessantly like that is annoying.
I read at one show people left early because of it. And in fact, the show was good except for that.

I like Stevie in FMac and most of her early career. I just don't like what she has become as a person. And it's reflected in her un-imagination. She sees herself instead of just being herself.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have to admit, I've seen that as a problem with Stevie more and more, too.

It's like with "Soldier's Angel." She says she's going to "tell [the] stories" of soldiers but actually... she spends most of the song praising herself. She sings about how much she helps them "back into the light", despite how terribly difficult is it for her and how it "tears her apart" to visit them, but she bravely carries on because she is a soldier, too. It shows how even when she is coming from a good place, she still can't help but make it about herself.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Well.... now with Lindsey gone maybe we will see the end of this, was always annoying to pay large sums of $$ for front row tickets only to have 'Mr Clean' bring other members of audience up and put them right at the stage ...
Applauds.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

It's like with "Soldier's Angel." She says she's going to "tell [the] stories" of soldiers but actually... she spends most of the song praising herself. She sings about how much she helps them "back into the light", despite how terribly difficult is it for her and how it "tears her apart" to visit them, but she bravely carries on because she is a soldier, too. It shows how even when she is coming from a good place, she still can't help but make it about herself.
I love the song, but that is my main issue with it. It's same thing with Illume, another song I like, melody and production-wise. I guess that's one reason I am not a die-hard Stevie fan. Some of her stuff...I cannot identify with. She talks about things from her perspective of being a rock star. People talk about Lindsey's lyrics a lot and how pedestrian they are, but that is why I can identify with them.

Landslide, Beautiful Child, Storms...those are three off the top of my head that hit me like a ton of bricks.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
He was really good to my friends too. During some of Stevie's longer speeches he'd sit on his speaker and chat with them.
So, he wasn't just interested in young blonde girls?! He actually likes talking with fans?! Shocking!

You know, that behavior was labeled by some Stevie's fans as abusive... I'm not kidding. Just because he wasn't listening to her long speeches he was being abusive.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

our poor resident troll-ess nothing works for her. she keeps putting on top these threads where she thinks people will get inspired to dump on LB, and instead those threads turn into fawning over how nice he's been to everyone and how much people will miss interacting with him.

yes, it was not only young and not only blonde and not only girls.

his guys used to call it - fill the negative space. because on previous tours rich people in front rows who couldn't care less about FM's music would fall asleep in the middle of the show and LB would be - wtf? so yeah, he wanted to fill that "negative space" with lots of energy, and many fans who couldn't afford expensive tix got to go up to the stage, sing and jump around, chat with LB during long song intros, and get their albums and other stuff signed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-18-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
our poor resident troll-ess nothing works for her. she keeps putting on top these threads where she thinks people will get inspired to dump on LB, and instead those threads turn into fawning over how nice he's been to everyone and how much people will miss interacting with him.

yes, it was not only young and not only blonde and not only girls.

his guys used to call it - fill the negative space. because on previous tours rich people in front rows who couldn't care less about FM's music would fall asleep in the middle of the show and LB would be - wtf? so yeah, he wanted to fill that "negative space" with lots of energy, and many fans who couldn't afford expensive tix got to go up to the stage, sing and jump around, chat with LB during long song intros, and get their albums and other stuff signed.
What a horrible man!
Old 04-18-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It wasn't me.

I was just laughing that it came back around. Heck, my wife and I benefitted from this at a San Diego show. I can't complain.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Hot, hot HOT!!

Well, during the filming of LB's Fort Worth Bass Hall DVD, there were empty seats on the front row. He asked his people (some lady?) to fill in the seats with some excited folks....it just happened to be one of our Ledgies and her friend that got the privilege! They are pretty ladies, but not young, hot blondes. LOL They were just excited to be there and showed it. When they moved over, my mom and I moved to their spots, which were front row, on the far left side (my mom and I were on the second row, FAR, FAR left). Eventually, we all moved to the stage, of course.

The FW audience was mostly dead as a doornail, unfortunately, but there were a few of us who were hoopin', hollerin', dancin' and enjoying every moment.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
It wasn't me.

I was just laughing that it came back around. Heck, my wife and I benefitted from this at a San Diego show. I can't complain.
lol i know, not you!

ha there you go.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-18-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am not "hot" or "Young", but am big fan of the band. My BROTHER (also not hot or young) and I happened to be at the right place at the right time and we were offered the chance to move up front. Lindsey, playing aside (which was amazing to see up close) was awesome to all of us up there. Signing things, chatting and just very appreciative of the fans and the support.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My husband and I had front row tickets to a show 2015. We were beyond excited as we were directly in front of Lindsey. They brought in the Happy go lucky young women, but it was fine. We danced along with them. I had my hands on the stage at Lindsey’s feet, and he interacted with my husband and myself more than once!! My husband was calling things to him and they interacted about the fact that my husband told him that I was his #1 fan!! Then, while he was sitting over on the side of the stage, he kept flashing me thumbs up signs and then would giggle. So I would giggle. I loved him that night!! He was so interactive with fans. That band will be sorely lacking in character without him. It’s been what? 8-9 days and I still feel sick and sad every time I think that he won’t be there. It’s truly heartbreaking.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Let's not forget that she has said being in Fleetwood Mac was akin to being in the Army several times but whatever...
Old 04-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
What a horrible man!
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM: Don't put any old hags in front of me!
Old 04-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
My husband and I had front row tickets to a show 2015. We were beyond excited as we were directly in front of Lindsey. They brought in the Happy go lucky young women, but it was fine. We danced along with them. I had my hands on the stage at Lindsey’s feet, and he interacted with my husband and myself more than once!! My husband was calling things to him and they interacted about the fact that my husband told him that I was his #1 fan!! Then, while he was sitting over on the side of the stage, he kept flashing me thumbs up signs and then would giggle. So I would giggle. I loved him that night!! He was so interactive with fans. That band will be sorely lacking in character without him. It’s been what? 8-9 days and I still feel sick and sad every time I think that he won’t be there. It’s truly heartbreaking.
Beautiful story.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.