Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
but that wasn't what jbrownsjr was saying... rather, that that is how STEVIE wants to be seen whether it's accurate or not, and that that is not how LB will ever see her. I think that bit's spot on.
You mean SteveMac.. I think.. and yes.. I was just bustin his chops.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Wow, I didn't get that sense from the pic, but maybe you're right.

I certainly didn't see it in the Lindsey-Christine pic from the LA TIMES article, the two of them on the couch. The caption says that image is 2016. There she looks great, too, I thought.
I thought so, too. We are all gonna struggle with looks at that age. We need to work!
Old 03-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, I didn't get that sense from the pic, but maybe you're right.

I certainly didn't see it in the Lindsey-Christine pic from the LA TIMES article, the two of them on the couch. The caption says that image is 2016. There she looks great, too, I thought.
yeah both Christine and Lindsey look much better and completely natural in that LA Times pic that everyone here is using as their sig pic. i am not really happy with this new photo, but can't figure out whether it's some work or just airbrushing on Christine's face.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-18-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah both Christine and Lindsey look much better and completely natural in that LA Times pic that everyone here is using as their sig pic. i am not really happy with this new photo, but can't figure out whether it's some work or just airbrushing on Christine's face.
They both look great. It's just a weird pose. Who let them keep their faces like that? Especially, Christine's.. jeez.. who did this photo shoot??/ fired!
Old 03-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I must be such a weirdo. I love the new pic a lot. It has allure, intrigue, and they look un-airbrushed.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I must be such a weirdo. I love the new pic a lot. It has allure, intrigue, and they look un-airbrushed.
It's Christine... that's all...
Old 03-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Ledgie

I think its just extreme airbrushing on the pic . It was taken in 2016 according to the article so around the same time as the LA times photo, which looks a lot more natural
Old 03-18-2017, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think a big difference between Stevie and someone like Joni Mitchell is that Joni wasn't just a songwriter, she was a skilled multi instrumentalist and she completely created her music herself and produced it herself. Not to undermine Stevies talents as a writer but she can't really be compared to Joni in that regards.

It's something I've noticed recently, in a lot of criticism of Beyoncé people say she's become an artist who relies very heavily and visuals and performances. And then people defend her saying David Bowie was also very heavy on visuals. But David Bowie CREATED his music, wrote and produced it. Beyoncé doesn't do that at all. She has a bunch of people who do everything and then she goes out and performs what they did. That being said, I like Beyoncé a lot and think she's great but she's definitely a performer, not so much an artist.

Wow I think I got waaaayyy sidetracked here.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think a big difference between Stevie and someone like Joni Mitchell is that Joni wasn't just a songwriter, she was a skilled multi instrumentalist and she completely created her music herself and produced it herself. Not to undermine Stevies talents as a writer but she can't really be compared to Joni in that regards.

It's something I've noticed recently, in a lot of criticism of Beyoncé people say she's become an artist who relies very heavily and visuals and performances. And then people defend her saying David Bowie was also very heavy on visuals. But David Bowie CREATED his music, wrote and produced it. Beyoncé doesn't do that at all. She has a bunch of people who do everything and then she goes out and performs what they did. That being said, I like Beyoncé a lot and think she's great but she's definitely a performer, not so much an artist.

Wow I think I got waaaayyy sidetracked here.
The difference between Beyonce and Stevie is ...... Beyonce can dance and sing light years around Stevie Nicks.
Joni Mitchell is a true artist with a range that is about a (fill in any large number) times what Stevie's is. She's done folk, jazz, classical, ballet, and oh yeah.. she's a painter. I've seen her play piano as well as Christine McVie. She plays a mean guitar with such a unique style.

Joni didn't care about sales (past tense because she doesn't record anymore). She did whatever she wanted to do no matter how badly she was threatened by the record company. She painted and sold her paintings to finance her records. She also slept with the record company owner, but she did what she had to do. lol (but I digress) Stevie Nicks isn't even on the same planet talent wise as Joni Mitchell.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-18-2017 at 07:59 PM..
Old 03-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The difference between Beyonce and Stevie is ...... Beyonce can dance and sing light years around Stevie Nicks.
Joni Mitchell is a true artist with a range that is about a (fill in any large number) times what Stevie's is. She's done folk, jazz, classical, ballet, and oh yeah.. she's a painter. I've seen her play piano as well as Christine McVie. She plays a mean guitar with such a unique style.

Joni didn't care about sales (past tense because she doesn't record anymore). She did whatever she wanted to do no matter how badly she was threatened by the record company. She painted and sold her paintings to finance her records. She also slept with the record company owner, but she did what she had to do. lol (but I digress) Stevie Nicks isn't even on the same planet talent wise as Joni Mitchell.
That's very well put. Stevie's definitely more a "poet" probably is the best way to put it.
I always forget Joni was an actual painter and it wasn't just a lyrical metaphor lol. Aren't Lindsey and Chris also art/paint talented? I know Stevie did watercolor drawings too but Lindsey did that one guys album cover and it was surprisingly very good and Chris did the Kiln House drawing.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I first watched that scene from Destiny Rules, I definitely got the sense that Lindsey was baiting her, poking the bear, knowing that she would be protective of her words because, to her, those words and the rather iconoclastic ways she uses them, mean something serious and special. On the surface, it looks like he was just doing what any producer does--going over the odd shifts shifts in grammar and voice that occur in "Throw Down." But I got the feeling he knew how she'd react and that is why he pressed the point. When she defended her decision to shift voice from "I" to "you" he said something about that not following rules of good writing. He was provoking her.
You know, as much as I've always thought of Lindsey as a spoiled brat(and I still do), it's behavior like the above mentioned, that puts him in a new light for me, and makes me really like and respect him.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie Nicks isn't even on the same planet talent wise as Joni Mitchell.
Joni MIchell is not even on the same planet as most of the rest of us. hahahaha.
She is Batshight craaay-zeeee these days. She has a mental illness where she thinks synthetic fibers are growing out of her skin. I have not heard much about her in about five years other than she is having mental health problems. All that pot smoking and LSD finally caught up. I agree though she is an ARTIST. The best artists were the crazy ones!
Old 03-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Joni MIchell is not even on the same planet as most of the rest of us. hahahaha.
She is Batshight craaay-zeeee these days. She has a mental illness where she thinks synthetic fibers are growing out of her skin. I have not heard much about her in about five years other than she is having mental health problems. All that pot smoking and LSD finally caught up. I agree though she is an ARTIST. The best artists were the crazy ones!
Oh! This is so sad. I knew she had stopped writing when she reconnected with her birth daughter--a bittersweet consolation for us who loved her music. And I knew that she was always prone to pick fights or take stands (she once lectured an audience in Syracuse for not listening to her music while they bided time for the opening act: Bob Dylan). But I had no idea her mental state had deteriorated. That is very, very sad.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Registered

Quote:
Oh! This is so sad. I knew she had stopped writing when she reconnected with her birth daughter--a bittersweet consolation for us who loved her music. And I knew that she was always prone to pick fights or take stands (she once lectured an audience in Syracuse for not listening to her music while they bided time for the opening act: Bob Dylan). But I had no idea her mental state had deteriorated. That is very, very sad.
she did suffer a brain aneurysm .

but is making appearances

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...gala/21712361/
Old 03-19-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
she did suffer a brain aneurysm .

but is making appearances

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...gala/21712361/
She did and recovered rather nicely. I have so much respect for someone like Joni Mitchell. She always had something to say about the world. She made the world a better place.