Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "It's all I wanna do" vs. "Feeling it's time to try"

When it comes to backup vocals on YMLF, do you prefer the "It's all I wanna do" version, or the "Feeling it's time to try"/"Beginning to wonder why" version?

Love 'em both, but "Wanna do" wins out for me. Interesting that they brought back the other version on the Rumours tour...did they change their mind about what they liked better?
Old 05-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I gotta take the latter, "But I'm beginning to wonder why...but I've a feeling it's time to try!" Something about the way those words flow into "You make loving fun" makes me like it. Plus I love Stevie's higher harmony on it.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i never really took that much notice, but your right, there are three versions!! I like well all of them actually LOL. I like "Beginning to wonder why", oh no im freeling torn, oh i like them all!!
Old 05-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Feeling it's time to try"

is my pick. I really like Stevie's harmonies on the Rumours bonus disk. YMLF has never been one of my favorite songs so this part actually makes me like the song better.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really need to pay closer attention. I never even noticed the different lyrics. But, I like the "feeling it's time to try" version, I guess. And I agree, the version on the Rumours bonus disc is great! Stevie's extra little vocals do wonders for the song IMO. Too bad they cut them out for the final version. I actually listen to that song the most on that CD and I never listen to the regular version.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 05-26-2004, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"All I wanna do" is much better. The back-and-forth of the other doesn't make sense - probably why they changed it.

"You make lovin' fun.... I'm beginning to wonder why" - um, huh?

Old 05-26-2004, 07:57 AM
joe

Default "beginning to wonder why/feeling it's time to try..."

wins hands down....i was completely enchanted by this version when i first heard/saw the Rosebud video ages ago. I never was a really big fan of the song until then. It completely changed it for me. I figured the Rosebud clips were recorded during the making of the Rumours album and that it was an early version of the song that they were still experimenting with. I think Stevie's harmonies add so much. When i heard the outtake version on the Rumours reissue i was more than delighted and surprised. I had always imagined what the studio version would sound like if they used those lyrics and harmonies. They should have kept it that way. The final version seems empty when i hear it now. Additionally, i like how the last verse, "don't...don't break the spell", is actually added in as the second verse as well. Does that make sense? You know what i mean!

What's kind of cool is that even though they dropped stevie's harmony from the final recording, they kept it in for the live versions...at least till the Mirage tour.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:59 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
"All I wanna do" is much better. The back-and-forth of the other doesn't make sense - probably why they changed it.

rock and roll aint s'posed to make sense!
Old 05-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"beginning to wonder why/feeling it's time to try..."

because Stevie's face is just lambent at the end of the the live video of it!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"It's all I wanna do"... less repetitive (well, a little less) and more effective, I should say. Although the other one is a nice variation, that's for sure.

Song of the moment - Rhiannon
Old 05-27-2004, 07:54 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts

actually, "all i wanna do" doesn't make sense....she's telling someone (Curry Grant) that he makes loving fun. yet, right after that she's singing "it's all i wanna do..." you know what i mean? she's not the one making loving fun...he is. but i guess you could look at it as though she's playing both parts in the song.

however, i think "beginning to wonder why/feeling it's time to try" makes more sense. she remains as the first person. she's thinking "he makes loving fun and i'm wondering why and how this is happening so i'm going to give it a chance."

i have never done any of those lyric interpretation posts or whatever. it's probably obvious right???
Old 05-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love how the harmony sounds of "It's All I Wanna Do".

and I wanted to see what my new avatar looks like
Old 05-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
actually, "all i wanna do" doesn't make sense....she's telling someone (Curry Grant) that he makes loving fun. yet, right after that she's singing "it's all i wanna do..." you know what i mean? she's not the one making loving fun...he is. but i guess you could look at it as though she's playing both parts in the song.

however, i think "beginning to wonder why/feeling it's time to try" makes more sense. she remains as the first person. she's thinking "he makes loving fun and i'm wondering why and how this is happening so i'm going to give it a chance."

i have never done any of those lyric interpretation posts or whatever. it's probably obvious right???
Well, here's how I look at.

"You make loving fun... it [loving] is all I wanna do." It's so fun for her that all she wants to do is join him in making love.

on the other hand:

"You make loving fun... I'm beginning to wonder why." Obviously, the reason why is that he wants to love her! Especially when you remember the original context of the line: "I never did believe in miracles, but I'm beginning to wonder why." as in "I'm questioning my judgment." So is she questioning her judgment regarding the man's loving?

So there you go. Illogical! lol

Old 05-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the "Beginning to wonder why" version the most. And ever since I heard it, it made me love the song all together a lot more. I just wish they did it a little longer on the Rosebud version.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Ledgie

It's All I Wanna Do! The other one is nonsensical