User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
This is the kind of stuff that is most important to Stevie right now. A person from a younger generation falling all over her in an interview that primarily focuses on the persona of Stevie Nicks.
Is Rolling Stone the ONLY publication that has the balls to ask her why she really had Lindsey fired from the group? I wanna hear more of the "I fired myself" bullchit.
Old 02-17-2022, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Is Rolling Stone the ONLY publication that has the balls to ask her why she really had Lindsey fired from the group? I wanna hear more of the "I fired myself" bullchit.
Would have been perfect for this writer to ask her what does the future hold for Fleetwood Mac

And how about Stevie getting into depression and the "Nicks crazies"
If I am depressed, Stevie urges me to watch Storks!
Old 02-17-2022, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also for somebody who claims to be a giant Stevie fan - their pre-interview research really sucks. Clearly, she's barely read anything. All of this has been discussed ad nauseam for years.
I realize this article is just a digital-only feature that apparently is running as part of a larger series, but my God what has happened to the New Yorker? From Cheever and Nabokov and John O’Hara and Salinger and Thurber and Updike and Welty to — this? An interview that would have been right at home in Teen Beat?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-17-2022, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also for somebody who claims to be a giant Stevie fan - their pre-interview research really sucks. Clearly, she's barely read anything. All of this has been discussed ad nauseam for years.

This is the kind of stuff that is most important to Stevie right now. A person from a younger generation falling all over her in an interview that primarily focuses on the persona of Stevie Nicks.
that's exactly what she's focused on.... solidifying the historical narrative about who she was and what she accomplished and all that which will live on after she's gone.

But what's interesting to me is that she has to be aware that all sorts of books about people come out after they die... and people who didn't talk while that person was alive suddenly feel like they can tell the REAL stories after they die. So to me it seems like she's really focused on nailing down what version of her career she wants to stand as the official version to counter all the dirt that may come out later. As noted so many times before, she's engaged in a whole lotta revisionist history in the last decade or more.

I also found it fascinating that she complained about the only time she has to herself is at like 4am because otherwise there's always 3-4 people hanging around her. I would ask, Whose fault is that?? She's the one who always had different people moving into her house and doing her bidding.. not just assistants but friends and boyfriends and all that. And frankly, if she 'vants to be alone' like Dietrich, uh..... KICK THE FREELOADERS OUT??? I mean wtf? Even if it's the niece and her partner and kid, let them go find their own house. I don't get it. And if it's people doing your housecleaning and laundry and lawn and all that, I don't have much sympathy that they're around during the day.

She really is getting flakier in her old age. She spent her entire existence pursuing fame, and then she got it, big time, and it didn't bring her the comfort she thought it would. Lindsey may be his own piece of work, but he kinda got it right about her on this.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-17-2022 at 08:05 PM..
Old 02-17-2022, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excuse the tangent here…I’ve been getting into Lucinda Williams lately and looking into her discography and seeing the shear amount of albums and projects shes’s done…if anyone should be bragging about being prolific it should be her. Stevie’s touring has been far more prolific than recording at this point. There are so many other artists out there who have been super busy, immersed in their craft, and too busy to be patting themselves on the back to the press about their pop culture status. My tolerance for the same old Stevie narrative BS is nonexistent these days.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-17-2022 at 10:21 PM..
Old 02-17-2022, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Excuse the tangent here…I’ve been getting into Lucinda Williams lately and looking into her discography and seeing the shear amount of albums and projects shes’s done…if anyone should be bragging about being prolific it should be her. Stevie’s touring has been far more prolific than recording at this point. There are so many other artists out there who have been super busy, immersed in their craft, and too busy to be patting themselves on the back to the press about their pop culture status. My tolerance for the same old Stevie narrative BS is nonexistent these days.
Yes! Lucinda, Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, Janet, Joni, Mary J Blige, Carole, and Madonna.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Yes! Lucinda, Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, Janet, Joni, Mary J Blige, Carole, and Madonna.
Even Taylor Swift. She continued re-recording her old albums and put out TWO new albums during Covid. Like her or not she's prolific.
Old 02-18-2022, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Imagine Stevie playing the Super Bowl halftime — 80,000 football fans reveling in her Welsh witch magic, basking in her otherworldly glow. She could sing Rhiannon and something else that didn’t require her to fiddle with her in-ear monitor quite so much.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-18-2022, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Imagine Stevie playing the Super Bowl halftime — 80,000 football fans reveling in her Welsh witch magic, basking in her otherworldly glow. She could sing Rhiannon and something else that didn’t require her to fiddle with her in-ear monitor quite so much.
No set's complete without Enchanted and a tambourine raising!

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 02-18-2022 at 02:09 PM..
Old 02-18-2022, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been saying this for years...nobody can piss away a decade like the members of Fleetwood Mac. I completely understand what Lindsey meant in the Destiny Rules documentary when he said he "was looking forward to stringing along a couple of years" and "having a hell of a run" probably hoping that more new material would come out of the Say You Will era...HA.

For such a recognized bunch of people as a band and solo, they are also some of the most unprolific artists at the same time.

Yes, Lindsey had some long stretches too. Luckily, things really picked up in 2006.

Stevie's current voice could lend itself to some amazing moody/rootsy albums, but she'll always be too focused on creating some sort of pop hit that she feels she's expected to do for her own legacy....instead of interesting projects that folks like Joni or Lucinda have persued in the later years of their career. Stevie doing a series of albums for rough trade or lost highway records is so intriguing, but it's pretty clear that she's only interested in working with Warner Reprise. Ironically, Warner/Reprise hasn't truly given a darn about her solo career in 20 years, only if it coincides with a Fleetwood Mac payday. They didn't even put out her last live album from the 24k tour.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-18-2022 at 02:49 PM..
Old 02-18-2022, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No set's complete without Enchanted and a tambourine raising!
And an arrhythmic count off!
Old 02-18-2022, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The Who did not play entirely live during their Super Bowl show either. The crowd singing along was actually piped in among other things. So disappointing when even the Who has pre-recorded tracks on stage

Nothing is real anymore. Although I dont think Stevie could command a super bowl halftime show. But it would be fun. The bets would be what line Stevie would flub
Old 02-18-2022, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish Stevie would record a Country album.
Her voice would be really suitable, and she doesn’t have to write any of it.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The Who did not play entirely live during their Super Bowl show either. The crowd singing along was actually piped in among other things. So disappointing when even the Who has pre-recorded tracks on stage

Nothing is real anymore. Although I dont think Stevie could command a super bowl halftime show. But it would be fun. The bets would be what line Stevie would flub
It's horrible now. 90% of acts(probably more) play with tracks. From whom, and when, did this directive come? Sounds like an Irving move.

I've long since believed that The Eagles harmonies are at least partly tracks. They just sound too good to be a bunch of guys in their 70's.

$tevie's not big enough to command a Super Bowl, IMO.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's horrible now. 90% of acts(probably more) play with tracks. From whom, and when, did this directive come? Sounds like an Irving move.

I've long since believed that The Eagles harmonies are at least partly tracks. They just sound too good to be a bunch of guys in their 70's.

$tevie's not big enough to command a Super Bowl, IMO.
When the crowd was singing teenage wasteland during the Superbowl with the Who it sounded so freaking cool. So disappointed to find out the next day it was all an audio track. The biggest surprise of the Super Bowl was the famous Whitney Houston national anthem during the Gulf War was lip synced. I think it was confirmed after her death.

We all were floored too that the Mac pretended to play to a pre-recorded track on TV for Clinton's inaugural.