Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
All this! So much!!!!
that would be honorable and kind thing to do.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-25-2019, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't watched ONE clip of the "new" band. You mean to tell me they are calling out Peter Green, and others but NOT Lindsey? These people are DISGUSTING POS's. Seriously shi * ty people.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I haven't watched ONE clip of the "new" band. You mean to tell me they are calling out Peter Green, and others but NOT Lindsey? These people are DISGUSTING POS's. Seriously shi * ty people.
They have ZERO class. Not one of them. Absolutely shameless.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven’t either but I’m not surprised. They were forced by Neil Finn’s comment to acknowledge Lindsey’s condition, so anything it’s possible with this disgusting group.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't watched ONE clip of the "new" band.
Yes, you have. Here's just one example from less than 2 weeks ago:

Quote:
EXACTLY! just watch GYOW, wow what an anemic, slow, no energy version. Stevie should be ASHAMED of herself.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven’t either but I’m not surprised. They were forced by Neil Finn’s comment to acknowledge Lindsey’s condition, so anything it’s possible with this disgusting group.
someone said they went to Mick's m&g (i think?) and Mick brought up LB. not exactly sure what about him though.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2019, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
someone said they went to Mick's m&g (i think?) and Mick brought up LB. not exactly sure what about him though.
Control damage. They have already started. They know they screwed it up, and Lindsey's health scare was something they certainly were NOT expecting.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-26-2019, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Control damage. They have already started. They know they screwed it up, and Lindsey's health scare was something they certainly were NOT expecting.
i don't know. Mick usually blabs out stuff during his m&gs. back in 2013-14 we'd ask him what's happening with new FM album since they recorded all that new music in 2012.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They are done. In ten years nobody is going to give two cents about that one time they decided to hire Mike / Neil and oddly made a tom petty tune the single highlight of a Fleetwood Mac show.

What will be remembered is how they threw their guitarist of 43 years into the proverbial woodchipper and acted like it was no big deal.

I cannot wait for this sad circus of a tour to wrap up. They should have plenty of time to ponder what a sad sack of idiots they really are.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-27-2019 at 07:58 PM..
Old 02-27-2019, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They're playing, RIGHT NOW, a few blocks away from me. I have two good friends who are there. As much as I hate to admit it, I pondered getting the cheapest ticket out there, and going. But I just couldn't make myself do it. I can't honor the band of my life, when they dishonor the architect of their sound, in such a disrespectful manner. Without him, they'd be nothing. Piss on them.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
They are done. In ten years nobody is going to give two cents about that one time they decided to hire Mike / Neil and oddly made a tom petty tune the single highlight of a Fleetwood Mac show.

What will be remembered is how they threw their guitarist of 43 years into the proverbial woodchipper and acted like it was no big deal.

I cannot wait for this sad circus of a tour to wrap up. They should have plenty of time to ponder what a sad sack of idiots they really are.
In only 3 years nobody will talk about them anymore, especially now that the notion that Lindsey was indeed fired with no apparent reason is getting stronger than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They're playing, RIGHT NOW, a few blocks away from me. I have two good friends who are there. As much as I hate to admit it, I pondered getting the cheapest ticket out there, and going. But I just couldn't make myself do it. I can't honor the band of my life, when they dishonor the architect of their sound, in such a disrespectful manner. Without him, they'd be nothing. Piss on them.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
they're coming near me in Baltimore but I can't do it. It hurts, still.
I saw them sans Christine as a 4 piece but Lindsey was smokin' it, had the audience play his guitar for him as he held it out...sigh...
….missed Christine but they were soldiering on, and of course she had left of her own accord. The Lindsey mistreatment is something I just can't stomach as a 45 year fan. They seem seriously hobbled to me now.

saw them again as the full 5 piece last tour, heaven, as the lord God had decreed when he gave us the White album

Last edited by lennonfan; 02-28-2019 at 03:19 PM..
Old 02-28-2019, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
I saw them sans Christine as a 4 piece but Lindsey was smokin' it, had the audience play his guitar for him as he held it out...sigh...
….missed Christine but they were soldiering on, and of course she had left of her own accord. The Lindsey mistreatment is something I just can't stomach as a 45 year fan. They seem seriously hobbled to me now.

saw them again as the full 5 piece last tour, heaven, as the lord God had decreed when he gave us the White album
I’ve gotten a few emails over the last few days about “the great seats” still available for their shows in/near NYC. PASS
Old 02-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post

Christine retired, which is, of course, a huge difference. As you said, they soldiered on.

Firing him was TREASON to the band I've followed my entire life.

I wouldn't have gotten over it anyway, but since he had his heart attack, there's now NO WAY IN HELL I'll ever forgive the other four. Dick and Old Goat Breath are the most guilty, but all four are still guilty.

If something really bad happened to the two most guilty, I would shed not a tear.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to the show. I love this music. All of these people have been abusing each other in one way or another for 40+ years. Now I'm supposed to draw a line in the sand?