View Poll Results: Who’s going to “on with the Faux”
Yes 34 31.48%
No 58 53.70%
Don’t know 16 14.81%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2018, 06:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Just to start poking bears...

Did anyone stop to think that they were supporting shameful/awful behavior when they were paying to see them during the Rumours and Tusk tours as they shoveled cocaine up their noses? I mean, they've all had issues in the past. Now they just seem to be overdosing on pettiness. I'll be there, somewhere in the building, because I want to hear them sing the songs they recorded in whatever key they manage to pull it off in now. I'll miss what Lindsey brings to some of these songs, but I won't be too sad to not sit through BL's grunt-filled ending or creepy whisper NGBA. Maybe I'll have to see a solo show to hear WMYTYTO. I wish they had pulled that out on one of the last couple tours :/ It's a garbage situation and they seem to be making a pretty bad choice with this, but all we can do is watch. If they ever listened to the people on here we'd have had some amazing tour setlists...but we haven't. So now I just have to decide how awkward hearing someone else sing GYOW will be alongside parts of Don't Stop.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE][Did anyone stop to think that they were supporting shameful/awful behavior when they were paying to see them during the Rumours and Tusk tours as they shoveled cocaine up their noses? I mean, they've all had issues in the past. Now they just seem to be overdosing on pettiness. I'll be there, somewhere in the building, because I want to hear them sing the songs they recorded in whatever key they manage to pull it off in now. I'll miss what Lindsey brings to some of these songs, but I won't be too sad to not sit through BL's grunt-filled ending or creepy whisper NGBA. Maybe I'll have to see a solo show to hear WMYTYTO. I wish they had pulled that out on one of the last couple tours :/ It's a garbage situation and they seem to be making a pretty bad choice with this, but all we can do is watch. If they ever listened to the people on here we'd have had some amazing tour setlists...but we haven't. So now I just have to decide how awkward hearing someone else sing GYOW will be alongside parts of Don't Stop.QUOTE]
Bravo!
This board stirs more drama than the actual band. Lol.
Fleetwood Mac are part of Pop Culture.
Nothing will ruin that legacy.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
That is understandable. I was speaking of blaming Stevie, Mick, boycotts, Christine being called a traitor, etc
Then who are we supposed to blame? Lindsey? He didn't choose to leave, he was fired. And by some band members' actions. Or all of them, because two are responsable for this mess and the other two remained silent.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Then who are we supposed to blame? Lindsey? He didn't choose to leave, he was fired. And by some band members' actions. Or all of them, because two are responsable for this mess and the other two remained silent.
but of course! don't you know that he's a jerk and an a**hole?? get with the program! can you imagine what would happen if Stevie was fired? oh the outrage we would have to endure!

i'm sure board would be full of people jumping up and down accusing everyone under the sun and above of things like misogyny and similar that they keep pulling out every time anyone says anything against her.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Little late to this news but!

I am just looking forward to the tour reviews.
My dollar's on the "band" (and I say that in the loosest sense of the word, really I do) getting nailed to several crosses repeatedly.

Way to shoot yourself in the gouty ol' foot there, "FM" , firing your best musician!

Old 04-18-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Little late to this news but!

I am just looking forward to the tour reviews.
My dollar's on the "band" (and I say that in the loosest sense of the word, really I do) getting nailed to several crosses repeatedly.

Way to shoot yourself in the gouty ol' foot there, "FM" , firing your best musician!
you know, i saw once a tweet from someone claiming they saw FM live and that they "suck". somebody asked them "really?" all surprised. then the first guy said - wait actually it was Stevie Nicks not exactly FM..... and the other guy was like - duh!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-18-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
...can you imagine what would happen if Stevie was fired? oh the outrage we would have to endure!

i'm sure board would be full of people jumping up and down accusing everyone under the sun and above of things like misogyny and similar that they keep pulling out every time anyone says anything against her.
They wouldn't dare do that to Bob Dylan!!!

Old 04-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Then who are we supposed to blame? Lindsey? He didn't choose to leave, he was fired. And by some band members' actions. Or all of them, because two are responsable for this mess and the other two remained silent. /QUOTE]
Life goes on.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Life goes on.
Wow! Thank you for that moment of enlightenment!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."

Last edited by button-lip; 04-18-2018 at 09:50 PM..
Old 04-18-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
They wouldn't dare do that to Bob Dylan!!!
Yeah, well, no matter what she thinks, she's not Bob Dylan. Not even close.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but of course! don't you know that he's a jerk and an a**hole?? get with the program! can you imagine what would happen if Stevie was fired? oh the outrage we would have to endure!

Dear lort, can you imagine the Hell we'd witness if they'd fire the witless?

Of course misogyny would be the reason...because it couldn't be anything else!
Old 04-18-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Dear lort, can you imagine the Hell we'd witness if they'd fire the witless?

Of course misogyny would be the reason...because it couldn't be anything else!/QUOTE]
I am simply going to skip this tour.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=TheWildHeart67;1223690]
Quote:
[Did anyone stop to think that they were supporting shameful/awful behavior when they were paying to see them during the Rumours and Tusk tours as they shoveled cocaine up their noses? I mean, they've all had issues in the past. Now they just seem to be overdosing on pettiness. I'll be there, somewhere in the building, because I want to hear them sing the songs they recorded in whatever key they manage to pull it off in now. I'll miss what Lindsey brings to some of these songs, but I won't be too sad to not sit through BL's grunt-filled ending or creepy whisper NGBA. Maybe I'll have to see a solo show to hear WMYTYTO. I wish they had pulled that out on one of the last couple tours :/ It's a garbage situation and they seem to be making a pretty bad choice with this, but all we can do is watch. If they ever listened to the people on here we'd have had some amazing tour setlists...but we haven't. So now I just have to decide how awkward hearing someone else sing GYOW will be alongside parts of Don't Stop.QUOTE]
Bravo!
This board stirs more drama than the actual band. Lol.
Fleetwood Mac are part of Pop Culture.
Nothing will ruin that legacy.
I dont think most of us knew if they were doing coke back then. I certainly didn't. It wasn't really adveritised. No social media etc... Plus I was little, but even if I wasn't....
Old 04-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

I won't be going anywhere near this tour, but I honestly can't wait to see if Mick has the balls to repeat his "be kind to one another" nonsense at the end of every show.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
I won't be going anywhere near this tour, but I honestly can't wait to see if Mick has the balls to repeat his "be kind to one another" nonsense at the end of every show.
He and Stevie have no shame in preaching here and there.

I'm sure this tour won't be an exception. Because Lindsey's fans have already voiced their intention of not attending it, and Stevie's fans are dying to hear her endless stories.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-20-2018 at 05:59 AM..