Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't do twitter but I found this:

@rockawayblind
Apr 4
More
to clarify: i mean that it's basically all but confirmed EXCEPT a press release. like we're just in a waiting game at this point.
0 replies 2 retweets 7 likes
Reply Retweet 2 Like 7

miranda ✨

@rockawayblind
Apr 4
More
miranda ✨ Retweeted lea 🌼
THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING. He was so understanding when she wanted to do IYD rather than tour with FM. and he was even more sympathetic when she lost her mom and wanted to do 24kg instead of Fleetwood Mac. He asks the band for one favor and he gets kicked out? NOT ON MY WATCHmiranda ✨ added,
lea 🌼

@golddustgaga
I love Stevie with all my heart and soul but it’s so unfair to Lindsey that she always gets her way. She is able to enjoy all of her solo tours, why must she deny Lindsey his? It’s sad
0 replies 2 retweets 12 likes
Reply Retweet 2 Like 12

miranda ✨

@rockawayblind
Apr 4
More
I won't go in to the sad truth that we wouldn't have our Stevie Nicks without Lindsey. That's for another day. but anyways it's all over the Mike Campbell groups, and he was seen in Hawaii with Stevie and Mick. it's all but confirmed with a press release.
0 replies 0 retweets 11 likes
Reply Retweet Like 11
Show this thread

miranda ✨

@rockawayblind
Apr 4
More
at MusiCares and told us all how gratifying it is to be a part of something that has lasted so long, and that he only has love for his lifetime band members. I'm sick and tired of people treating him so ****ty when he created this band's sound from the ground up.
2 replies 0 retweets 13 likes
Reply 2 Retweet Like 13
Show this thread

miranda ✨

@rockawayblind
Apr 4
More
and Stevie was not having it, and she gave Mick an ultimatum either he leaves or she isn't touring w/ them. And Mick only has one thing on his mind ever, so he made his decision. And now FM will end on a truly terrible note, right after Lindsey ****ing poured his heart out
2 replies 0 retweets 11 likes
Reply 2 Retweet Like 11
Show this thread

miranda ✨

@rockawayblind
Apr 4
More
so this time around he had a solo album which had already been put on hold for over a year. and he asked Fleetwood Mac if they would be able to work around solo dates so he would be able to do both at the same time because uh. Let's face it. Time is of the essence w/ these folks.

So here's my question---When the Pretenders toured with Stevie they played their own shows in between dates opening for her. If Lindsey wanted to do solo shows in between Mac shows what's the big friggin deal?? Could this really be the issue?! Initially I thought it was Billy trying to drum up book sales. The forum link I posted yesterday in now dead as others have noted. I remember a post from the first page that said Lindsey wanted a day or 2 off from the tour. That post corresponds to these tweets.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a very hard time believing this is true. There's no way this has anything to do with Stevie-Lindsey issues because if they survived the 70s and 80s they can deal with each other enough in old age.

The only reason it could possibly be true is if he did ask for some days off the next tour. But even that is just so hard to believe that they'd give him the boot for it. And would they really be willing to tarnish the legacy of the band like this?
Old 04-07-2018, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Found this on Facebook, I condensed it:

Joe Compton
6 hrs
The truth re my April 1 post - Mike will be lead guitarist on Fleetwood Mac tour ; Lindsey-Nicks issues came to a head-LB fired.

Joe Compton I expect a singing gtr player to be added

Bonnie Caryn Joe: Thank you and its true. I have 6-7 sources are saying same. Mike is going to be with FM on tour. Will be interesting to see if we get a new Fleetwood Mac album from this new band reconfiguration. I am very sorry to see Lindsey go. I do feel he will be well supported in his solo endeavors. xoxo
Manage
Like · 4h
Patricia Rodriguez
Patricia Rodriguez Can you name one of your 6-7 sources?
Manage
Like · 4h
Joe Compton
Joe Compton Bonnie Caryn---thanks for doing your research and confirming the truth of this. I must say I am surprised how many fans of Mike fail to grasp what a good chance this is for Mike to shine

Bonnie Caryn Billy Burnette has advised Mick threw Lindsey out. Other sources connected to the band were privately telling folks this for weeks.
Manage
Like · 2h
Bonnie Caryn
Bonnie Caryn Billy was rejected this time as Lindseys replacement. He went public with the story.
Manage
Like · 2h
Dave Holley
Dave Holley why is Billy involved? he replaced LB for "Behind the Mask" but hasn't been in the band since LB's return
Manage
Like · 2h
Bonnie Caryn
Bonnie Caryn Dave: Because Billy was under brief consideration as a Linds replacement this time wasnt selected. He went public on his own facebook wall that Lindsey was out, he wasnt chosen this time to replace him and Mick threw Lindsey out. xoxo

Lindsey fired....Mick threw him out.....
OMG, I can barely type
Old 04-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Ledgie

If this is how it all ends, it will be very hard for me to even enjoy their music again. Stevie has said how many times she would not be the one to break up Fleetwood Mac? If she gives an ultimatum where they have to choose her or Lindsey or she is out, that's exactly what she is doing. Obviously, we don't know if that is the case, and maybe Lindsey did do something truly horrible to set her off. I don't know. Hell, most of us have to work with people we don't like sometimes. Making the kind of money they do, having little to no interaction with one another offstage, and knowing this is probably the last big tour anyway, I'm pretty sure I could get through it. It would sadden me to see them end this way as a tribute band featuring members of Fleetwood Mac. Enough is enough! I just want them to break up and leave each other to their own thing.

Last edited by Iamwilliame; 04-07-2018 at 08:09 PM..
Old 04-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow....so either Mick is disgustingly money grubbing and truly has no shame and/or Stevie is truly a diva or has had her brain messed up from Tom dying. This is horrible.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If this is true it's beyond clusterf*ck. Way past that point. This is FUBAR
Old 04-07-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just break up the band. The legacy is going to be ruined if this actually happens.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Ledgie

The two I feel sorry for the most in all this is John And Chris. It's crap that after all they have been through personally and with the band, they still have to put up with this kind of bs.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. Call it something else, make some distinction between the 5 fireflies and this new project with Mike Campbell.
How the hell did we get here? Christine comes back, long FM tour, Stevie tour, BuckVie album and tour----everything was grand and now this.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
The two I feel sorry for the most in all this is John And Chris. It's crap that after all they have been through personally and with the band, they still have to put up with this kind of bs.
I'd like to know what Chris is thinking. She doesn't have to go along with this, neither does John. They don't deserve this foolishness.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If any of these 'Rumours' are true about Lindsey being kicked out of the band just as they were getting ready to embark on what probably would have been Fleetwood Mac's farewell tour, then I think it's just time for them to hang it all up as a band.

And if this decision was based on finances, with Mick figuring Stevie is a bigger draw than Lindsey, then to hell with them - I have no interest in a lineup which I'd christen Mike Campbell and the Fartbreakers.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

No way this is real. It's as many of you have posted a push for Billy's book, which is shameful in this circumstance.

No way this band blows the whole thing up at this point in their career; they know it's near the end.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So from what I'm getting from everything is that Lindsey asked for some days off from the next tour or to change the schedule of the tour around those days (I guess to do his solo stuff?), Stevie insisted no and gave Mick an ultimatum and since she's the cash cow and Mick has no shame he agreed to it?

If this actually is true then I'll never be able to look at Stevie or Mick the same. It's no secret Mick just wants money but I never imagined Stevie would pull such a dirty move. Especially considering the HUGE amount of catering that the band has done to suit her schedules and her solo projects. I truly think Tom dying messed with her brain.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Do we know if it was because Lindsey wanted time off to tour? That's just a guess, right?

For all we know, Lindsey made fun of Stevie rambling at MusiCares or told her she went on too long about Tom or something, and she became enraged and ordered Mick to fire him.

.... if it's true. I still pray it's not.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-07-2018 at 09:12 PM..
Old 04-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Ledgie

I have tremendous respect for Mike Campbell as a musician. I've no doubts he can play the hell out of the songs. It does bother me that he would agree to this gig.

It also angers me all the more because of how they went through so much trouble not to piss Stevie off with the Buckingham/ McVie project which was as much if not more a Fleetwood Mac album than Tango or SYW!

Why do I get the feeling Mick and Stevie will be the only ones of the five still touring (or playing Vegas) as Fleetwood Mac in a few years?