Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Ledgie

Default Anyone notice...

I've recently been reading a few of the Rumours-era articles in the Blue Letter Archives, and many of the passages in these articles appear almost word for word in Mick's autobiography or the coffee table book. Has anybody else noticed this? The two that seemed that seemed to be borrowed from the most were the November '76 Crawdaddy article and the Rolling Stone Cameron Crowe article. It seems to me to be a case of plaigarism on either Mick's or Stephen Davis' part. Considering some of the liberties they took with Mick's autobiography, and the liberties the fan club takes with just about anything, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Oh and another thing, I was checking out a website yesterday, I believe it's called In Her Own Words, and it's all quotes from Stevie on various things. There's two sections devoted to her quotes about Lindsey, starting in '76 right up through today, and it seems like she practices a bit of revionist history through the years. She claims in several of her quotes from the 80's and 90's that after they broke up Lindsey was basically a horrible person to her and they would never talk, etc., etc., and how he wasn't nice to her until around the time of The Dance. However, we've all seen lots of pictures and footage of them from after they broke up where they are smiling and laughing and joking and seem to be getting along very well. I know they had their problems and incidents, and they had times where they couldn't stand being around each other, but it just seems to me that Stevie is being overly dramatic. This is nothing against Stevie, I think she's awesome, it's just I think she tends to play up the whole "I broke up with him, so he was awful to me" thing a bit too much. Just my two (or 200) cents, you can call me an idiot if you want.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Ryan,

My opinion on this whole thing is that it really is (and continues to be) a very complicated relationship with them [SN/LB], there is no black and white for the two of them and there never has been~ and we will never truly know what their relationship is actually like, probably ever~ only the two of them truly know. So I think we should just leave it at that

xx Meredith

PS. i do not think you're an idiot.