User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Northern Star is my second favorite song on the album. The production on it is fine, but I do wonder about an FM arrangement, if not on the record, then in concert.

Michele
Lindsey would've probably used studio gadgetry on her voice, like he did on Tango, like he does for himself. One of the things I love about ITM is the arrangements are spare and feature her voice in its unaltered glory. Not since Tusk did she sound that good in the studio. The no-touring thing agrees with her.

Of all the songs on ITM, the one closest to an FM song is, I think, Giving it Back, which sounds like it could have fallen off Mirage. Great tune!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

I also seemed to have permently misplaced my Time cd until about a month ago. I rediscovered Nights In Estoril and noticed that Eddy was a co-writer. Then I remembered all the great songs they collaborated on.

It would have been interesting to hear what might have been had they stayed together. Oh well,..
Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod~A~Little View Post
I also seemed to have permently misplaced my Time cd until about a month ago. I rediscovered Nights In Estoril and noticed that Eddy was a co-writer. Then I remembered all the great songs they collaborated on.

It would have been interesting to hear what might have been had they stayed together. Oh well,..
Do we really know the reason for the breakup? I don't recall that I've ever heard one.

He must either be a cheater, or an ass....(couldn't be Chris' fault....*sticking fingers into my ears, "la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la"*)
Old 02-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do we really know the reason for the breakup? I don't recall that I've ever heard one.

He must either be a cheater, or an ass....(couldn't be Chris' fault....*sticking fingers into my ears, "la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la"*)
I remember around The Dance, Stevie said that Eddy said that if Christine toured, he was leaving. That seemed so odd. If Christine shared that ultimatum with Stevie, I don't know why she went public with it. But I don't know why Eddy would take that stand anyway. I would have guessed that she would be more opposed to touring than he would. Touring helped earn the money that would keep him living in the style to which he'd become accustomed..

Michele
Old 02-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Lindsey would've probably used studio gadgetry on her voice, like he did on Tango, like he does for himself.
I was most interested in what FM would do to the song in concert. The ending seemed like something that would be quite rousing on stage.

Michele
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I remember around The Dance, Stevie said that Eddy said that if Christine toured, he was leaving. That seemed so odd. If Christine shared that ultimatum with Stevie, I don't know why she went public with it. But I don't know why Eddy would take that stand anyway. I would have guessed that she would be more opposed to touring than he would. Touring helped earn the money that would keep him living in the style to which he'd become accustomed..

Michele
Well I'll put that in the "ass" category!

I know, though. Wouldn't he want Momma bringing home some extra big bucks?

I can't imagine Christine caving to anyone's ultimatums.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes, what an ass!...And seriously? Like he didn't know what he was getting into when he met Christine!

Geez!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod~A~Little View Post
Yes, what an ass!...And seriously? Like he didn't know what he was getting into when he met Christine!

Geez!!!!
C&E met in 1984, The Dance was in 1997, so definitely he knew. I think there were more reasons than a tour. Don't know about the source that says Stevie said that (or is there a video?) but I can't believe they separated just because of the 1997 Reunion tour. Or maybe Eddie said that within a more complex context.

I just think the relationship was going bad in the last years and they finally broke up.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there was a big age gap between Christine and Eddy, with Christine being older. I know some people think age doesn't matter, but I think it does. Not so much in loving, but in practical daily life it sure does. I will not date anyone younger than 30.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
I think there was a big age gap between Christine and Eddy, with Christine being older. I know some people think age doesn't matter, but I think it does. Not so much in loving, but in practical daily life it sure does. I will not date anyone younger than 30.
But it was a long term relationship, even if it eventually ended. I think if they were just bascially ill-suited for each other those kind of things break up in a couple of years. Michele
Old 05-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Ledgie

What ever happened to Mr Q? He seems to have just disappeared.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellolovely View Post
What ever happened to Mr Q? He seems to have just disappeared.
His "15 minutes" was up...probably disappeared back into the Estoril alleyways after the pumpkin carriage turned back into a real pumpkin.

I'd read in some article back around the Dance tour time (can't remember exactly where) that there were some fidelity issues with Eddy while Christine was away during the Dance tour.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
His "15 minutes" was up...probably disappeared back into the Estoril alleyways after the pumpkin carriage turned back into a real pumpkin.
This visual provided me with a much needed laugh today. I see him in that alleyway now, stumbling about, crying into his beer!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When they divorced, it was really quiet. We didn't hear about the filing like we just did with Mick and Lynn. I wonder if Mr. Quintela asked for any support.

Michele
Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe EQ had an issue with Christine being in Fleetwood Mac at that point. She retired from the road in 1990 and her "Time" songs made it obvious that she was done with Fleetwood Mac. Suddenly, she started doing session work with Lindsey, Mick and John which morphed into Fleetwood Mac's "Hell Freezes Over" type live reunion album/DVD/TV event. Then there was a short 40-city tour. Not only was she back with Fleetwood Mac, but she was also touring with them? And you know there was a lot of pressure for them to continue that tour. Those things can be tough on a spouse. The industry pressure alone can be too much.

Not defending the guy. Just putting it in a different perspective.

As for his Cinderella story ending, he still gets royalty checks, so he has to be doing pretty well.

THE Stephen Hopkins