Of course 6 22.22%
Definitely 2 7.41%
There were other female vocalists in Fleetwood Mac? 19 70.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
I did see the time tour show and only opinion of what I saw if she is her own individual singer for the band she should have sang her own songs only don't try to pretend to be stevie nicks and wearing black chiffon and cloaks singing Stevie songs I am sorry she was pretending to be stevie and I am not the only one on here that says this either about bekka I am sure individually she is an ok singer nothing strong came out of that part of FM that is why she only lasted one cd and tour with just to me that part of FM was not FM to me. And Yes Bekka was trying to pretend to be Stevie when doing Stevie FM songs on that tour. Alot of people got up and was leaving during there performance I left in the middle or after Gold Dust Woman I just don't like other singers trying to pretend to be Stevie my opinion Stevie is Stevie end of story if Bekka was so great in FM she would be still in the band. Stevie Nicks is FM with out Stevie Nicks there is no FM End of Story. Your going to get these opinions when you post survey like this. Sorry if Offend the Bekka fans just my opinion.
Okay, first of all, some punctuation would really make this post a heck of a lot more readable. Just a suggestion.

Secondly, it's always been expected of new members of Fleetwood Mac to sing the songs of the previous incarnations. Stevie and Lindsey had to pay their dues this way as well. Why would Bekka be any different? People always talk about how Stevie was the reason for Fleetwood Mac's huge success (and, for the record, I'm not saying that I agree with that notion). So if that's true, why on earth would Fleetwood Mac drop her songs from their setlist? That doesn't make any sense. And I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Christine did not tour for Time. So if it's pretty much a given that Fleetwood Mac would continue to perform Stevie's songs (as they have done with the songs of ALL other former members), who would you have sing them? Dave Mason?

Get real, people.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
nothing strong came out of that part of FM
NIGHTS IN ESTORIL

Quote:
Stevie Nicks is FM with out Stevie Nicks there is no FM End of Story.
No. Stevie Nicks is NOT Fleetwood Mac. End of Story. Fleetwood Mac formed in 1967... that's SEVEN years before Lindsey and Stevie joined. Stevie is one fifth of one incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. Incarnation, just as Greeny's era is, Bob Welch's era is, Bekka and Dave's era and Rick & Billy's era are. Argh is this for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
And I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Christine did not tour for Time.
No, she didn't

And like Vicky said, it's normal for different members to sing each others songs. Lindsey singing Green Manalishi, Oh Well... I could go on, but it's likely to be falling on deaf ears.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr

Last edited by ButterCookie; 05-20-2010 at 04:17 PM..
Old 05-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
actually......without Mick Fleetwood and John McVie there is no Fleetwood Mac....

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw her on the time tour back in 1995 I believe and I though she was terrible especially to pretend she is Stevie Nicks.
She never pretended to be Stevie Nicks.

Quote:
I did see the time tour show and only opinion of what I saw if she is her own individual singer for the band she should have sang her own songs only don't try to pretend to be stevie nicks and wearing black chiffon and cloaks singing Stevie songs I am sorry she was pretending to be stevie and I am not the only one on here that says this either about bekka
BULL****!

1. Bekka NEVER wore Chiffon.

2. She only sang ONE Stevie Nicks song regularly, Gold Dust Woman. The rest were Christine McVie songs. I don't see Christine McVie fans all up in arms that somebody else sang one of her songs. (Except when Stevie did, but only because she screwed up the lyrics...BADLY.) AND, it was a completely different arrangement. I'd much rather hear a fresh take on a classic than to hear some strung-out cheesy cover by Courtney Love.

3. Why do originals when the band NEVER toured in support of Time? They only toured prior to the album's release. I'm sure they would've done more originals if they weren't doing 12 song sets.

4. The beautiful thing about Bekka Bramlett is that she has famous parents. Watch Bonnie Bramlett on YouTube and try to convince ANYBODY that Bekka was trying to be Stevie 2.

5. USE SOME FRIGGIN' PUNCTUATION. It's already hard enough to take you seriously.

Quote:
I am sure individually she is an ok singer nothing strong came out of that part of FM that is why she only lasted one cd and tour with just to me that part of FM was not FM to me.
Well, to be honest, what ACTUALLY happened is that the band stopped touring in Sept., 1995. The album was released in Oct., 1995. The album features Lindsey Buckingham on one song. Christine McVie left after it was released (which was obvious, by her song selection). It was announced that Mick Fleetwood was going to play on Lindsey Buckingham's solo album in Feb., 1996, and then announced that Fleetwood Mac had split in March, 1996. Shortly thereafter, it was announced that John and Christine McVie were playing on Lindsey's album. Then, "Twisted" came out in May, 1996. Later in 1996, Bekka & Billy was released. To me, it looks a lot like Lindsey was trying to break up that Mac so that he could get the Rumours band back together. Could it be he wanted that because his own solo masterpiece sold about 50,000 copies? In his defense, Bramlett and Burnette had post-Mac plans while still in the band.

Quote:
And Yes Bekka was trying to pretend to be Stevie when doing Stevie FM songs on that tour.
SongS? You mean that ONE version of Gold Dust Woman that was a completely different arrangement than Stevie's? Because, THAT was the only song she did. Only one, and it was completely different.

Quote:
I just don't like other singers trying to pretend to be Stevie
She sang a Stevie song. That hardly equates to pretending to be Stevie. By that logic, Courtney Love, Billy Corgan, the Dixie Chicks, and Waylon Jennings were pretending to be Stevie Nicks. And, if I were a Stevie fan, I think it would have been a bigger insult not having ANY Stevie songs. Wouldn't that have sent the message that the band really felt that Stevie's contributions to Fleetwood Mac were minimal? Hell, I'm still pissed they dropped "Oh Well" for two tours, and haven't played Danny Kirwan or Bob Welch songs since the late '70s, let alone a Jeremy Spencer-Elmore James cover (specifically, "Shake Your Moneymaker").

Quote:
if Bekka was so great in FM she would be still in the band.
I'm pretty sure she wanted to do more country than she was allowed, and wanted out. See, most people LEAVE Fleetwood Mac. I'm sure the split was mutual.

Quote:
So why did Christine McVie have more hit singles with Fleetwood Mac? Also, Peter Green.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
actually......without Mick Fleetwood and John McVie there is no Fleetwood Mac....
Which begs the question...Why has Fleetwood Mac never played "Werewolves Of London" in concert? I know it's not required, but it would've been an amazing gesture to Warren Zevon.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am not starting an arguement with anyone about bekka and yes I am aware of her mother as a singer and song writer. I just do not prefer the bekka and Dave Mason era of fleetwood mac. . I love all the eras of Fleetwood Mac have been a fan since I was 9 years old back in 1979. So I have all the FM albums and cd's except the time cd i should listen to it before I make comments i am only commenting what i saw in the concert performance not bekka as a recording artists singer and song writer. Yes I do have problem with grammar sorry for my stupidity but that is the way i type sorry. I have been a fan of FM and Stevie Nicks for 31 years and counting. I am sorry for offending bekka fans don't mean to offend anyone.

I don't want to have people hate me for my opinion Bekka is a great singer in her own right and yes I am familiar with her mother and acting,singing and song writing as well. I am stupid but not that stupid. Sorry for my stupid comments in previous posts. I will not say negative thing about Bekka or Dave Mason actually he is playing solo at a club here in Connecticut in a month or so at Infinity Hall in Norfolk, Connecticut not sure when the place only holds 300 seats they have some big names that play there pretty cool place. here is the link to the hall is about an hour away from where I live.

http://www.infinityhall.com/events/dave-mason-1

sorry again to everyone for my stupid posts and bad grammar posts. I apologize to all who have been mad with me about my posts with bekka. Please forgive me I am a true Fleetwood Mac Fan and I dont want anyone hating me that is not me and sorry again.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

here is a clip from the tour i found on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7Gs...eature=related

I remember a different version of her doing this song and she did come out in a black cloak i definetly remember that she did do. I definelty don't remember her doing it this way. I am loving this version of Gold Dust Woman.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
SongS? You mean that ONE version of Gold Dust Woman that was a completely different arrangement than Stevie's? Because, THAT was the only song she did. Only one, and it was completely different.
She DID do "Dreams" at the show I saw on that tour. "Nailed, it!!!!!"

Her version of "Gold Dust Woman" is my favorite Fleetwood Mac version of the song...BECAUSE that incarnation of the band took it to a place it hadn't gone before. It would be really cool to hear Fleetwood Mac PLAY this arrangement with Stevie singing, just to hear if it was the arrangement that I liked, or Bekka's vocal stylings.

(that said, my favorite all-time verson of "Gold Dust Woman" was the one that Stevie did in live Central Park with Sheryl Crow's band)

Since the horse still has a pulse....it would be no different than if Fleetwood Mac would've toured WITH Christine, but without a 2nd female vocalist....you don't think Christine would've had to put up with SOME sort of internal band pressure to sing at least one, MAYBE two of Stevie's tunes in concert? Maybe, when it comes right down to it, the fear of THAT was why Christine announced she was leaving the band, too, in 1990 right after Stevie did.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
She DID do "Dreams" at the show I saw on that tour. "Nailed, it!!!!!"

Her version of "Gold Dust Woman" is my favorite Fleetwood Mac version of the song...BECAUSE that incarnation of the band took it to a place it hadn't gone before. It would be really cool to hear Fleetwood Mac PLAY this arrangement with Stevie singing, just to hear if it was the arrangement that I liked, or Bekka's vocal stylings.

(that said, my favorite all-time verson of "Gold Dust Woman" was the one that Stevie did in live Central Park with Sheryl Crow's band)

Since the horse still has a pulse....it would be no different than if Fleetwood Mac would've toured WITH Christine, but without a 2nd female vocalist....you don't think Christine would've had to put up with SOME sort of internal band pressure to sing at least one, MAYBE two of Stevie's tunes in concert? Maybe, when it comes right down to it, the fear of THAT was why Christine announced she was leaving the band, too, in 1990 right after Stevie did.
I though she did dreams as well I know they opened liked they alway did with The Chain maybe during the chain she came out in a black cloak i remember distinctly. The Tour I saw there show was the 70's tour i think they called

Orleans
Pat Benatar
Reo Speedwagon
and
Fleetwood Mac

I want to say the show was in june of 1995 not sure about the date it was either June or July of 1995 it was in Hartford at The Meadows Music Thearte now the comcast thearte.

was this the same tour everyone saw the bekka and dave mason version of FM the same one I saw?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
was this the same tour everyone saw the bekka and dave mason version of FM the same one I saw?
They only did one tour...from mid-1994 to September 1995. I saw them in October 1994....Roger McGuinn (of The Byrds) did a solo acoustic set to open the show.

During FMac's set, Bekka introduced her mom and Bonnie came out to help out on a KICK A$$ version of Dave Mason's "Only You Know & I Know". High energy...just made me think of what I missed by never taking the opportunity to see Delaney & Bonnie & Friends when I had the chance. For their final encore number, they did a really torchy blues version of John Lennon's "Imagine", being that it was within a few days of John's BD, it was quite emotional. There were probably 15,000 or so people at the concert (which was outdoors in a County Park, bright sunny day...probably about 80-85 degrees)...on the hike back to the car, I didn't hear any derrogatory remarks about the "new version" of Fleetwood Mac...everybody was energized...."they were awesome!"..."that new chick kicked a$$!!!", "Wow! Cool, Dave Mason's in Fleetwood Mac now!", etc, etc.

Last edited by chiliD; 05-20-2010 at 06:45 PM..
Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
They only did one tour...from mid-1994 to September 1995. I saw them in October 1994....Roger McGuinn (of The Byrds) did a solo acoustic set to open the show.

During FMac's set, Bekka introduced her mom and Bonnie came out to help out on a KICK A$$ version of Dave Mason's "Only You Know & I Know". High energy...just made me think of what I missed by never taking the opportunity to see Delaney & Bonnie & Friends when I had the chance. For their final encore number, they did a really torchy blues version of John Lennon's "Imagine", being that it was within a few days of John's BD, it was quite emotional. There were probably 15,000 or so people at the concert (which was outdoors in a County Park, bright sunny day...probably about 80-85 degrees)...on the hike back to the car, I didn't hear any derrogatory remarks about the "new version" of Fleetwood Mac...everybody was energized...."they were awesome!"..."that new chick kicked a$$!!!", "Wow! Cool, Dave Mason's in Fleetwood Mac now!", etc, etc.
I don't remember anyone saying anything bad about the show either I though it was great show with Orleans,Pat Benatar, Reo Speedwagon and Fleetwood Mac awesome line up really, some people i did see leave during the middle or it could have been torwards the end it was a long night not sure when it started cause pat, reo and fm i believe were full set like between 80-90 min. each and orleans was about 30 min. set.

It would be a cool tour and probably a dream for all of us is if they ever put a tour together for everyone who was or is still in FM and do a big stadium tour i think it would be a mind blowing tour. Tickets would be a lot of money but worth i think. I did wish I did stay to finish out the whole show back then. I would love for that to happen one of these days. Mick and John should really think about it i think its an awesome idea.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this great video of Bekka singing Gold Dust Woman -

Admittedly, she sounds fantastic. Even if I don't like her singing Gold Dust Woman, she has one hell of a voice xD

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Gaaah. I'm really tempted to give Time another try now... I've got it set to skip on shuffle in itunes >_>

Last edited by Artemis; 05-20-2010 at 09:04 PM..
Old 05-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Admittedly, she sounds fantastic. Even if I don't like her singing Gold Dust Woman, she has one hell of a voice xD

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Gaaah. I'm really tempted to give Time another try now... I've got it set to skip on shuffle in itunes >_>
Or try the Live At Interlaken bootleg which is actually the audio of that concert you posted (I think)

http://rapidshare.com/files/23912491...Interlaken.rar
Old 05-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyway, if Bekka was copying anyone it sure wasn't Stevie Nicks. She looks and sounds so much like her mother (from back in 1969) it is almost scary. Oh and take note of Dave Mason sitting on the end of the first video...

Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Thanks for sharing that, I dig it. Though I'll admit I prefer Stevie's version , this one is very good.

If you like her voice, I recommend checking out her solo material. Also, she's done some stellar work as a backing vocalist for other artists. My favorite of these is her work with blues artist Jonny Lang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Anyway, if Bekka was copying anyone it sure wasn't Stevie Nicks. She looks and sounds so much like her mother (from back in 1969) it is almost scary. Oh and take note of Dave Mason sitting on the end of the first video...

Those are great ! I remember seeing Bonnie during her stint on Roseanne and being totally impressed in the episodes where they had her sing. What a voice!

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 05-20-2010 at 10:40 PM..