User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
I cannot believe you'd pass up the chance to look like LB on the cover of Law and Order.

I don't buy that beautiful people have hard lives like everyone else. Lying bitches! Two of my biggest regrets in life are that I wasn't born beautiful or with enough money to fix all that's wrong with me.
Dude. I'm poor as **** and I could pay for anything you need done. There's nothing to fix.
You're so like me

Last edited by LikeAWillow; 07-16-2010 at 04:23 PM..
Old 07-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wuteva, wuteva, you don't know me~

Seriously, though, who do I have to blow to win the 50 mil this week?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wuteva, wuteva, you don't know me~

Seriously, though, who do I have to blow to win the 50 mil this week?
I'm sorry. You're right, I don't. I do think you're gorgeous, though
You're so like me
Old 07-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey all! I promise, this isn't a thread to discuss who I'm lusting after!! I'm sure you will all believe me!

Seriously though, I listened to "Prettiest Girl In The World" the other day and thought that we should have a thread like that here, since we hadn't really before.

I promise, I am not lusting after anyone right now. There really are too many emotional ups and downs going on with my family to really let myself go on that one. This Katie girl that I mentioned is just someone who I've seen around campus, and know a little about her- but have never actually talked to her.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart "I'm always in trouble but it's so much fun..."

I probably in theory could catch Holy Hell for this, but hey, I'm used to that.

The most beautiful person I know is Miss Tanya Nadine Turan, M.D. I f'g LOVE her.

(No really - I f'g love her.)

Second runner-up is, of course, Sela Ward.

And a REAL close third runner-up is, naturally, Sally Field.

"They call him the "Bandit" . . . . He's just a fool."
Old 07-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I probably in theory could catch Holy Hell for this, but hey, I'm used to that.

The most beautiful person I know is Miss Tanya Nadine Turan, M.D. I f'g LOVE her.

(No really - I f'g love her.)

Second runner-up is, of course, Sela Ward.

I love Sela Ward- I wish she would come back on House. That was my favorite period of the show, those few episodes!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Two of my biggest regrets in life are that I wasn't born beautiful or with enough money to fix all that's wrong with me.
That's pretty much how I've always felt! I finally beat the weight, and I'm just saying fukc it, from this point out....
Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Oh - And of course I must mention (I'm sure somebody sees this coming up Fifth... ) - -

The most beautiful mind I've ever come across is, of course -

Samantha Power.

i.m.o. she's the best person ever.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I'm sorry. You're right, I don't. I do think you're gorgeous, though
This is the part of the movie where the pretty girl pays the ugly one a compliment and the ugly girl is elated, right? You've only seen one picture of me, and that doesn't even look like me anymore, so I don't know how honestly you can say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's pretty much how I've always felt! I finally beat the weight, and I'm just saying fukc it, from this point out....
Women are held to entirely different standards, though (This is your friendly Captain Obvious, reminding you of... the obvious!) But **** it's a good attitude, if you can pull it off. :
Old 07-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is the part of the movie where the pretty girl pays the ugly one a compliment and the ugly girl is elated, right? You've only seen one picture of me, and that doesn't even look like me anymore, so I don't know how honestly you can say that.

Women are held to entirely different standards, though (This is your friendly Captain Obvious, reminding you of... the obvious!) But **** it's a good attitude, if you can pull it off. :
You know, I almost mentioned something similar to the above - my best friend, that I hang with several nights a week, is VERY handsome. Gets hit on constantly. So even though I look okay, I'm still the ugly one, next to him, no matter what. And, to be honest, it gets frustrating....always being the 2nd choice. I do MUCH better, on the nights we don't hang out. I wouldn't trade his friendship for anything, but again, it's just frustrating, always being....their 2nd choice.

While I know it is different for women, for the first time in my life, I've beaten weight. I've always been 30-40 lbs overweight. And I've had new eating habits for a year now. And lost 45 lbs. I'm now 135(I'm 5'10"), and haven't deviated from that, for a month now. Shirts went from XL, to SMALL. No ****. I can even wear some extra smalls!!!

I can tell you that 45 lbs ago, I rarely got hit on. I get hit on a lot now....as long as my best friend isn't around!

But on the fukc it - I mean everything other than my weight. Although, when I hit 55 or so, and the face is starting to fall, run me through the plastic surgeon's office. Yank that **** back, Doc, and grab your stapler!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Deliciously harsh . But i'm biased. I find this thread disturbing (for me). There are 2 views, from the ones who are "beautiful", or think they are, and from the ones who believe deeply that they're included in the other category. Disturbing because i can, or think i can analyze people's behaviour, and still not know what to do with my self-esteem and image, or rather my lack of self-esteem. Actually i don't know.

And Stevie Nicks and Marilyn Monroe are the only names that come through my mind when i try to answer the initial question.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, I almost mentioned something similar to the above - my best friend, that I hang with several nights a week, is VERY handsome. Gets hit on constantly. So even though I look okay, I'm still the ugly one, next to him, no matter what. And, to be honest, it gets frustrating....always being the 2nd choice. I do MUCH better, on the nights we don't hang out. I wouldn't trade his friendship for anything, but again, it's just frustrating, always being....their 2nd choice.

While I know it is different for women, for the first time in my life, I've beaten weight. I've always been 30-40 lbs overweight. And I've had new eating habits for a year now. And lost 45 lbs. I'm now 135(I'm 5'10"), and haven't deviated from that, for a month now. Shirts went from XL, to SMALL. No ****. I can even wear some extra smalls!!!

I can tell you that 45 lbs ago, I rarely got hit on. I get hit on a lot now....as long as my best friend isn't around!

But on the fukc it - I mean everything other than my weight. Although, when I hit 55 or so, and the face is starting to fall, run me through the plastic surgeon's office. Yank that **** back, Doc, and grab your stapler!!!
See, that's the thing: Although it often sounds like losing weight is the magic cure-all for women, I think that only applies to men. Women also have to be facially attractive, otherwise you're stuck in the unfortunate butterface or, alternately, butterbody category. I'll work on my body all I want, but the fact remains that I'll be right beside you waiting for that stapler! (Or at the bank, robbing it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Deliciously harsh . But i'm biased. I find this thread disturbing (for me). There are 2 views, from the ones who are "beautiful", or think they are, and from the ones who believe deeply that they're included in the other category. Disturbing because i can, or think i can analyze people's behaviour, and still not know what to do with my self-esteem and image, or rather my lack of self-esteem. Actually i don't know.

And Stevie Nicks and Marilyn Monroe are the only names that come through my mind when i try to answer the initial question.
I had a big ol' bowl of vitriol this morning, excuse me.

I think it's okay to talk about it. Both sides included. It seems to be more taboo for attractive people to acknowledge their attractiveness, as Marissa said. If you just happen to be a pretty girl, then that's fine. But god help if you if you ever acknowledge it.

On the other side of the coin, I'm not in the genetically blessed category, so why not be honest about it? Self-awareness is important. This is less encouraged, because everyone wants to be delicate about it. But trust me, just as a gorgeous woman knows early on in life where she stands, so do the ones who aren't as pretty. I'm sure if I was in that category, I'd know about it by now, so let's be realistic. I'm ~cute~ because I'm so ~*tiny*~ and pixielike or whatever the **** spin people put on it, but cute doesn't always cut it.

ON TOPIC, la Nicks c. 1976 is actual perfection.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, that's the thing: Although it often sounds like losing weight is the magic cure-all for women, I think that only applies to men. Women also have to be facially attractive, otherwise you're stuck in the unfortunate butterface or, alternately, butterbody category. I'll work on my body all I want, but the fact remains that I'll be right beside you waiting for that stapler! (Or at the bank, robbing it)
I think maybe you're right, about it doing more for men, than women. Because I haven't done anything else! I saw an old friend today, who was remarking on my weight loss, and said, "I'll bet you jog all the time now". I laughed! Hell no, I just starve, I don't exercise!

See, the weight loss DID a lot for me, facially. Because I was all JOWL-Y, when I was 45 lbs more. And that's all gone now.
One downside.... My waist is ridiculously small now, for a man. I was searching for jeans at Kohl's yesterday, and 29"'s are the smallest they carry, and those are too big for me now. I found two pairs of 27"'s, at Goodwill(they are kid's jeans, but they fit, at least). Those are the only jeans I have now, that fit. I guess I need to stop some tiny guy, and ask him where he buys jeans.
27 x 32's, are impossible to find!

And hell yes, again, on the facelift. When the time finally comes, "staple me back, Doc". Make me look like I'm on the world's fastest roller coaster!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:19 PM
nailatixela
This message has been deleted by nailatixela. Reason: already posted
Old 07-18-2010, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post

I'm the Bandit.

They call you the Bandit, an outlaw untamed
Shackled only by freedom, You wear no man's chain
Some say they despise you, well maybe they do
But deep down inside them, I bet they wish they were you
Old 07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think maybe you're right, about it doing more for men, than women. Because I haven't done anything else! I saw an old friend today, who was remarking on my weight loss, and said, "I'll bet you jog all the time now". I laughed! Hell no, I just starve, I don't exercise!

And hell yes, again, on the facelift. When the time finally comes, "staple me back, Doc". Make me look like I'm on the world's fastest roller coaster!
Don't you want to build muscle?

It's sad that I could actually use a facelift right now, at my age. I mean, seriously. What is this ****? I'll call you when I look like a Jocelyn Wildenstein/Heidi Montag hybrid, we can go out on the town and scare the hell out of people.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:03 PM
HomerMcvie
This message has been deleted by HomerMcvie. Reason: Dork police were eating donuts.