The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, they're saying early 2014 is when it will air.

Michele
Old 11-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Episode 6 recap, Latin Post by Ian Zeleya:

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/37...man-cometh.htm

Is anyone on this season of "American Horror Story" going to stay dead? Lily Rabe is terrific as Misty, but her always being available to revive every single character who's been killed makes it seem like there are no high stakes for anyone.

If Fiona dies from cancer or Axeman's axe, can't Misty bring her back? The same goes for all of the witches if Hank completes his mission. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have Madison and Myrtle back in our lives, but someone important has to actually stay dead, right? This is a horror show.

A man with an axe

"Coven" has been laying on the New Orleans mythology this season, giving us Marie Laveau and Madame Delphine LaLaurie who are based on real historical figures. Last night's "The Axeman Cometh" added one more in the form of Danny Huston's Axeman of New Orleans. The Axeman was a real serial killer who terrorized the city in 1918-1919 and his identity was never discovered.

This sounds really scary and all but to be honest, Huston's villian is not as scary as Rubber Man or Bloodyface. And of course, a bunch of the 20th century Salem witches went "betrayal of Julius Caesar" on his ass to stop his murderous ways. So of course, he stayed dead until Zoe decided to play with some form of a ouija board to summon spirits and find out what happened to Madison. Via ouija board, Axeman told Zoe to look in the attic, something I guess she couldn't figure out for herself.

In the end, Axeman was released, terrorized Cordelia and then met up with Fiona at a bar to seduce her. Unlike with Hank, Fiona let her guard down and apparently can't smell the bulls--t on him.

"I need a cigarette"

So back to Zoe. After being awesome last week, our newest Supreme (this hasn't been confirmed, but c'mon) was back to her irritating ways, summoning evil spirits and annoying the hell out of Queenie and Nan. After finding a decomposing Madison in Spalding's attic, the trio tortured im with a spatula. Spalding confessed because he's still crazy for Fiona, but Zoe is at least smart enough to know he was lying.

She took Madison and her arm to Misty, who's busy watering Myrtle. I guess reviving someone who was burned to death requires a bit of gardening first? I did love how Myrtle's hand shot up, though.

Kyle also paid Misty's shack a visit, and was reminded of how his mother molested him as Misty gave him a bath. He freaked out and destroyed Misty's Stevie Nicks tape, but was calmed down by Zoe. This was all kind of silly, but hey, Evan Peters' ass.

Misty relunctantly helped Zoe revive Madison in the gross-out scene of the episode, where Madison coughed up blood and a cockroach. Lovely. Conveniently, Madison doesn't remember who killed her, but now that Cordelia has the sight, and saw that Fiona burned Myrtle at the stake, Fiona needs to think of a good story, and fast.

"Bring me their heads!"

Cordelia knows that Hank is a no good, cheating, murdering bastard. She kicked him out and he went straight to Marie. He's been under her employ as a witch hunter to track down and murder any Salem descendants.

The redheaded Kaylee, who he shot a couple episodes back, happened to be a Salem descendant who applied to be a house resident after she accidentally lit her boyfriend on fire. Hank has been listening in on all of Cordelia's interviews, which is how he's been able to root the witches out and kill them.

However, he hasn't been able to kill Cordelia and any of the current residents...because he loves her, apparently. He loves her so much that he chose to have rough sex with Kaylee before killing her. Makes sense. Anyway, Marie has had enough Hank's dilly-dallying and sent him to exterminate the entire house or else she'll go voodoo queen on his ass.

Charms

- The show reminded us that Fiona has cancer, and now she can read minds. Sorry Fiona, but Sookie Stackhouse had this power way before you did.

- LaLaurie was nowhere to be found in this episode and neither was Patti Lupone's crazy Bible mother, who's actually only appeared once. What's her deal? Because something's definitely up.

- Will there be any consequences for Fiona once her murderous ways are uncovered? With the whole "no one has actually died" element this season, I can't see how.

- "I get bad vibes from this house." Misty knows what's up.

- "Why should we do anything to appease this Axeman?" "Because he kills people with an axe."
Old 03-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Story on Ryan Murphy, excerpt of a joke mentioning Stevie's shawls]

Boston Herald, March 29, 2014 by Allegra Tepper

http://bostonherald.com/entertainmen...ory_coven_cast

Murphy explained that cast matriarch Lange was conspicuously missing from the panel because she was on spring break with her grandchildren. In her absence, fellow cast members couldn't help but use Lange for a couple of punchlines. For one, Paulson enjoyed a recurring bit that Lange had stolen all of the set pieces after production wrapped -- and one of guest star Stevie Nicks' shawls.

Denis O'Hare joined in: "She's a total klepto."
Old 08-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon talks about Stevie. Excerpt from Interview]

Vulture by Rakesh Satyal August 13, 2014

http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/ameri...mez-rejon.html

We obviously have to talk about directing Stevie Nicks. I was in New York a few months ago for the annual Night of 1,000 Stevies, and it was particularly amazing this year because you could tell that so many people were paying homage to both her and the series. What was it like to have her involved?

She was already written into the show because Misty Day was obsessed with her. But when I got the news that she was going to be on the show and I was going to be lucky enough to direct her, I just couldn't believe it. The first morning, I went to her trailer to introduce myself, and within a minute, she was singing “Rhiannon” a cappella to me, telling me what key she wanted to do it in. She was so open to the process. I mean, she's been a rock star for a very long time and been performing forever, but she hadn't really acted before. Because the filmmaking process was so new to her, she was enjoying every minute of it. Being able to be with her while she was talking through her ideas of how she could change a song this way or that way to hit a certain beat or extend it so she could get another piece of dialogue in there was amazing. We had a lot of fun doing the “Seven Wonders” video. It was surreal. We just owned the '80s of it and embraced the billowing curtains and the smoke and the cats and just went with it. Any time that we finished a take, she would just tell stories about each song — when she wrote it and how she wrote it and what inspired her to do it — and you'd just be quiet and take it all in because you knew that this moment would never be repeated again.

Then she invited me to the Vegas Fleetwood Mac concert, and she dedicated “Landslide” to me. Let's just say there's nothing quite like that. Then, when I saw her backstage, all she wanted to do was pitch me song ideas for the finale because she was obsessed with the show. “Well, why don't you use this song for the finale? Well, try this one at the end when she's become the Supreme.” She's such a fan of the show, and to see her enthusiasm for the show that she was in — we were all thrilled to see her and couldn't believe that she was there. So, there was just a lot of love in the room.