The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Why on Earth does a band need more than two years off?????
The Beatles would have written, recorded and toured 4 albums in that time....and made a film./QUOTE]
The Beatles broke up after just 10 years.
This was a decent article, but some facts were skewed, such as "Tusk" being a #1 single. It was a top 10 single, but didn't crack the top 5, let alone #1.
Regardless, I think they should simply disband. How can they do a "farewell tour" without Buckingham? I am not going to buy a ticket.
I'll wait until the next solo Stevie Nicks tour.
I know everyone is assuming it's Stevie and Mick's fault. But we really don't know for sure what happened. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!
This is, as I said in another thread, the end of an era without a finale.
It sux.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=TheWildHeart67;1222363]
Quote:
Why on Earth does a band need more than two years off?????
The Beatles would have written, recorded and toured 4 albums in that time....and made a film./QUOTE]
This was a decent article, but some facts were skewed, such as "Tusk" being a #1 single. It was a top 10 single, but didn't crack the top 5, let alone #1.
Regardless, I think they should simply disband. How can they do a "farewell tour" without Buckingham? I am not going to buy a ticket.
I know everyone is assuming it's Stevie and Mick's fault. But we really don't know for sure what happened. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!
It sux.
well, can anyone realistically imagine it is due to John or Chris??

Besides, the insider sources who've been quoted have said that Stevie decided she could not work with him anymore and gave the band an ultimatum -- it's me or him.

He could have given them some kind of ultimatum too, but all the other tidbits say it was disagreement related to music for the tour.

Would she have wanted to do Stand Back and he said nope no more solo songs? Like wtf?
Old 04-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Very well stated. All the bands craziness has the rest of us feeling rather crazy as well. Like what are we supposed to make of this yet on some level it's almost funny because as stated it is the Mac-iest darn move possible. Like I'm having a weird kind of laugh/cry response. I really just want a final album. Don't care one way or the other about the tour. I think they're all surprisingly at the top of their game just listening to recent work and combinations (and heck, I may be an odd one out but I really love SYW for that matter). So much potential to make incredible new music but nope, gotta get all wrapped up in typical Mac drama. I'm sad/mad and just have to laugh I guess. The article amused me deeply because it was written from the same kind of snarky/bummed place I seem to be stuck in.

It's just Fleetwood Mac being Fleetwood Mac. And somehow all of us diehard fans are sitting here loving them inspire of our frustration. Like they've pulled us all in with them.
Weird laugh/cry response--pseudobulbar affect (pathological laughter and crying, no cure but can be treated with Nuedexta). I'm sure you've seen the commercials. Yep, that's me with this band.

My sig other has been coaching me since the weekend when I first read the rumors online about Lindsey. Here are a few of his talking points:
* Wasn't it great that Chris came back--you never thought it would happen!
* You went to so many shows (FM, BuckVie, Stevie)
* You'll always have BuckVie to listen to
* Lindsey will do a solo album/tour and you'll love it
* You still have Mick, John, Stevie and Chris--they didn't break up
* Mike and Neil are talented people---give it a try, you might be surprised even if it feels awkward at first--you love live music! Buy a cheap ticket and if you don't like it leave

Then he eases into the point he's really trying to make: "Look, you knew the chances of one final album with the Rumors 5 was slim and you already said you wouldn't go broke over the next tour. Wasn't Lindsey's album supposed to be out already? You knew something was off when the SiriusXm FM channel was delayed. I KNOW YOU'RE UPSET BUT LET'S JUST SEE HOW IT GOES....NOBODY DIED"
He's a good guy and has put up with a lot a Mac related crap over the years
Old 04-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]well, can anyone realistically imagine it is due to John or Chris??

Besides, the insider sources who've been quoted have said that Stevie decided she could not work with him anymore and gave the band an ultimatum -- it's me or him.

He could have given them some kind of ultimatum too, but all the other tidbits say it was disagreement related to music for the tour.

Would she have wanted to do Stand Back and he said nope no more solo songs? Like wtf?/QUOTE]
Oh, for sure it's a fight between them both.
But we don't know how he treats her or how she treats him.
Lots of baggage and both have big egos.
I'm not siding with either of them.
But they should have done this after the tour or simply cancelled it.
It must have been a one hell of a blowout.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The Beatles would have written, recorded and toured 4 albums in that time....and made a film.
I’d say they need more than two years off when they’re only doing cash grab hits tours back to back and no longer producing new things. If it were the opposite (as in 1975-1982) I would totally agree.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sux.
there were stories flying around for the last 2 months. everything that came out, whether leaking or in yesterday's statements, confirmed pieces of what we've been hearing.

they were negotiating the tour and how to do it, specifics, what we've been hearing goes. our 2 known explosive exes kept pushing each others' buttons. Lindsey was gonna tour solo in between Fleetwood Mac dates, the way Pretenders had some dates in between their shows with Stevie. they had entangled negotiations how, when, why, who like maybe how to advertise two tours. Lindsey was counting on Mac tour to help sort out his solo tour logistics. eventually after push and pull it ended up Mick and Stevie vs Lindsey. she told Mick - it's him or me. Mick washed his hands of any guilt and went to promoters to ask whether they'll make more money of Lindsey-less or Stevie'-less tour. case closed of course! there was no option of the whole 5 tour on the table. they should have worked it out. instead they threw Lindsey out and went with the money.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
BI love Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, but this is no longer Fleetwood Mac.
i would see Mike and Neil. and enjoy them, maybe even together. i liked Split Enz and Crowded House past hits. but i would not see them with Mick or Stevie i don't want to see or hear those two. especially Mick. and may his stupid meet&greets never sell on this tour.

i hope to still get a chance to hear Chris somewhere... i still hope she'll leave after all the bs and drama and just do whatever dates they have contracted in the first round and join Linds for BuckVie 2.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's no earthly reason Lindsey couldn't have played his solo shows on his nights off from the big machine. Every city they play in has a smaller venue for him. This pisses me off so much precisely because it could have been arranged.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This tour isn’t going to do well especially with all the publicity about Lindsey.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
There's no earthly reason Lindsey couldn't have played his solo shows on his nights off from the big machine. Every city they play in has a smaller venue for him. This pisses me off so much precisely because it could have been arranged.
I disagree. No way to book 2 consecutive tours. What if there's an illness, cancellation with on or the other members? The re-scheduled date could conflict with a band or solo booking. It's not logistically possible.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
It sux.
Great post
Old 04-11-2018, 04:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
OR
Started the tour late summer/early fall. Give Lindsey May and June/early July to tour. They could have done rehearsals late July/August for a Labor Day tour kick off. All this drama because the promoters want summer gigs to make more money. Its insane.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
I disagree. No way to book 2 consecutive tours. What if there's an illness, cancellation with on or the other members? The re-scheduled date could conflict with a band or solo booking. It's not logistically possible.
Excellent point, and I would just add two things- I wonder if LB would be more invested in his solo shows. There were discussions here about how he seemed unhappy at the East/West Coast shows, which were smack in the middle of his BuckVie tour.

Also, and more importantly, he would have been competing with his own band- LB superfans would have skipped the FM tour for a chance to pay less money in a smaller setting to see him live solo. That would be like SN saying she wanted to perform some solo dates along with the band tour.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Why We Love It When Fleetwood Mac Keep Breaking Up

In a way, the quintessential Lindsey moment is his "yeeeaaah" at the end of Christine's "Say You Love Me," while the band is chanting the final "falling, falling, falling." What the hell is that "yeeeaaah" doing there? It's a solo Lindsey cameo that's wildly out of place in this song, which isn't by him, or even about him. Yet his acerbic voice adds the dash of salt that makes the song complete. Everybody's songs get improved by Lindsey butting in – the best example would be his sneer in the chorus of another Christine song, "Little Lies." ("Tell me, tell me, tell me liiiies!") He sounds exasperated and pissed, even though he's neither the liar nor the lied-to. But without the authentic spite he adds, "Little Lies" would be a fraction as powerful as it is.
This paragraph really resonates with me, clearly revealing/reminding me why Lindsey is my favorite FM-er. Not only are those moments above my favorite parts of those tunes, but "Lighting strikes, maybe once, maybe twice" is the only part of the otherwise-bland "Gypsy" that makes it memorable to me. Lindsey's backing vocals on Tom Petty's "Walls (Circus)" is also the best part of that song.

Man, LB is gonna be missed. Looking forward to another solo tour, though!
Old 04-11-2018, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This tour isn’t going to do well especially with all the publicity about Lindsey.
I agree.
This isn't coming on the heels of a hot album, like "TITN" was.
There's been tons of press about this, and I don't think it is wise to tour without Lindsey IMO