Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's the biggest load of SH*T that I've ever read. No wonder the ENTIRE WORLD hates Ticketbastard. It equals the bands saying, "we LOVE our rich fans, and f*ck the poor ones".
It is a little galling to see TM claim that the people who spend a fortunate on Official Platinum tickets are the "most passionate fans."

No, they're simply the richest fans.

(Yes, there are some big fans who save up and break the bank to get up front, but most of those sitting in the high priced seats are high income bracket.)

Old 05-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Are Official Platinum Seats resale tickets?

No. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's Official Platinum Seats program enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.
this is such crap-- it's not fair pricing at all, because you could easily buy a ticket a higher price when demand was predicted to be high (like now) only to find it selling for a lot less when the market shows that the demand is not as high (like closer to the show date when they realize tickets are not selling).

That's like when you call for an Uber or Lyft and it's $10 early in the evening and then it's up to $75 or whatever around midnight when everyone's trying to get home safely after drinking at a club. (Last New Year's Uber charged a rider in Toronto $14,400 for a 20 min ride across town). So whenever you decide to pull the trigger and buy your tickets you are gambling that the price won't go down later. They count on you wanting tickets in hand at any price versus the risk of tickets selling out or going up.

I'm so glad I started going to concerts when you could get tickets for $10. I still have all my ticket stubs and Peter Frampton at the height of his fame was $10.00 and even the Bee Gees at the height of their fame were like $15. In today's money those would be like $40.00 and $60.00 (per my currency calculator). $1300?? you gotta be f'ing kidding me. It's so people like Stevie and Mick can continue the lifestyle they had when albums sold more. Why don't THEY have to adjust to the changing market like everyone else? Coz we're suckas.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-01-2018 at 02:46 PM..
Old 05-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
this is such crap-- it's not fair pricing at all, because you could easily buy a ticket a higher price when demand was predicted to be high (like now) only to find it selling for a lot less when the market shows that the demand is not as high (like closer to the show date when they realize tickets are not selling).

That's like when you call for an Uber or Lyft and it's $10 early in the evening and then it's up to $75 or whatever around midnight when everyone's trying to get home safely after drinking at a club. (Last New Year's Uber charged a rider in Toronto $14,400 for a 20 min ride across town). So whenever you decide to pull the trigger and buy your tickets you are gambling that the price won't go down later. They count on you wanting tickets in hand at any price versus the risk of tickets selling out or going up.

I'm so glad I started going to concerts when you could get tickets for $10. I still have all my ticket stubs and Peter Frampton at the height of his fame was $10.00 and even the Bee Gees at the height of their fame were like $15. In today's money those would be like $40.00 and $60.00 (per my currency calculator). $1300?? you gotta be f'ing kidding me. It's so people like Stevie and Mick can continue the lifestyle they had when albums sold more. Why don't THEY have to adjust to the changing market like everyone else? Coz we're suckas.
I agree. It's completely insane now. The problem is that too many people ARE willing to pay $1300! I paid $350 for OWTS, and I swore that it was a one time thing. Okay, then I decided I'd do it again, for whenever their next tour would be(my rationale of this, is that they're the band of my life, and someone is gonna kick the bucket, then it's all over). Well, guess what? It's now ALL OVER.

IF I did change my mind for this tour(which is doubtful), I would ONLY consider the absolute cheapest nosebleed POS seat they have. And I'm sure my limit would be like $75. Because FM is dead, now.

And I love that I started seeing shows when I was in JR High. Peter Frampton was my first(non country) concert. My hippie aunt took me, and I think it was $6(I still have the stub somewhere). FM Mirage? We were like row 12 or something, and the ticket was $16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 05-01-2018 at 04:48 PM..
Old 05-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 05-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

So, I'm a member of the Tom Petty Highway Companion Club (was $50 to get first access to tix on their last tour... probably worth it). As someone mentioned earlier, they emailed saying "a very limited allotment of tickets" would be available to folks with the code. That started at 10am, and granted this is only anecdotal, but at 1:30pm today there are literally hundreds of tickets available for the Washington, DC show. What was also interested was that tickets that appeared to be $229 earlier in the week were now going for $199. Maybe they're different seats, but they're on the floor and in the same section as the $229 Amex pre-sale tickets, so... Anyway, just reporting from the field with what I saw.

It took me a while, but I think I'm finally at peace with not going to see this tour. Raising ticket prices is one thing, but doing so for THIS line-up ("We're a new band" )... no thanks.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well it would appear sales aren't what they expected them to be. I've been watching all of the California shows since Monday, and today all venues appear to have dropped their prices. Anywhere from $20-$60.

I'm thinking I might wait until day of the show. Maybe by that time they'll pay ME to take a seat!
Old 05-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. It's completely insane now. The problem is that too many people ARE willing to pay $1300! I paid $350 for OWTS, and I swore that it was a one time thing. Okay, then I decided I'd do it again, for whenever their next tour would be(my rationale of this, is that they're the band of my life, and someone is gonna kick the bucket, then it's all over). Well, guess what? It's now ALL OVER.

IF I did change my mind for this tour(which is doubtful), I would ONLY consider the absolute cheapest nosebleed POS seat they have. And I'm sure my limit would be like $75. Because FM is dead, now.

And I love that I started seeing shows when I was in JR High. Peter Frampton was my first(non country) concert. My hippie aunt took me, and I think it was $6(I still have the stub somewhere). FM Mirage? We were like row 12 or something, and the ticket was $16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love all of this, this is EXACTLY how I feel. Thank you for summarizing it for me!!
Old 05-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Well it would appear sales aren't what they expected them to be. I've been watching all of the California shows since Monday, and today all venues appear to have dropped their prices. Anywhere from $20-$60.

I'm thinking I might wait until day of the show. Maybe by that time they'll pay ME to take a seat!
Someone reported in the MacNuggets thread that 12 out of 20 of the best selling ticketed events currently are Mac shows though it is early yet, I suppose sales could definitely fall off at some point. I can't decide whether to grab tickets soon or wait things out and hope for ticket drops later.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow

I was disappointed in the ticket options for shows nearby me. I think I’ll wait until tomorrow when they hopefully expand the options.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I tried to do the Livenation pre-sale for MSG and it said I could only get a single seat based on what was available. Have never seen that message bolefore. Will try again for public on-sale. I like to go with a friend.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Love all of this, this is EXACTLY how I feel. Thank you for summarizing it for me!!
You're welcome.

They let greed and petty bickering ruin the legacy they've been building for 43 years. It's over, now. RIP FM.