User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It's an interesting article, I'm happy to hear about Richard, but I'm slightly surprised that he didn't ever hear from Lindsey these last years.
That's not true, I think they're just not particularly close anymore. I read that Richard was at one of Lindsey's solo shows several years ago and Lindsey mentioned him during the show.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Stacy said Ken made it out to seem that Richard had a big fall out with the band which isn't true and she even posted a picture of Richard with all his gold records and Grammy to show what Ken said about Richard selling them wasn't true.

I don't think Ken has major sour grapes, his tumblr from 2015 is nice to the band, he just seemed to be saying mostly that all the old people get pushed out of the circle.

I doubt Stevie talked to Ken much in recent years. She majorly slandered him in one of her Q&A interview things about his book.
what did she say? I don't remember.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
what did she say? I don't remember.
It was on YouTube, I'll try to find. It was during one of those Q&A things with an audience she did for her IYD doc. Someone asked about the book and she said how he called her numerous times to speak for the book and she was like "how dare he tell our story" and someone asked if she read it and she said she had people read her excerpts of it and she was like "and it didn't make me like the book, or him".

**https://youtu.be/dFxcoIVFAxI here it is

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 04-03-2017 at 02:18 PM..
Old 04-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was on YouTube, I'll try to find. It was during one of those Q&A things with an audience she did for her IYD doc. Someone asked about the book and she said how he called her numerous times to speak for the book and she was like "how dare he tell our story" and someone asked if she read it and she said she had people read her excerpts of it and she was like "and it didn't make me like the book, or him".

**https://youtu.be/dFxcoIVFAxI here it is

oooh, she's very mad at him. Sadly she hasn't read the book and if she had she'd probably have a different attitude. Ken didn't glorify the drug use to the best of my recollection though he was frank about it. Stevie seems to mention the bands (and her own) drug use at every possible opportunity. I guess they wont be exchanging Christmas cards.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-03-2017, 02:53 PM

Stevie seems to not like being mentioned in books, apart from this, Mick's and Heart's biography I've read somewhere that her recent distance with Dave Stewart may be because of him talking about their sexual encounter in his last biography.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie seems to not like being mentioned in books, apart from this, Mick's and Heart's biography I've read somewhere that her recent distance with Dave Stewart may be because of him talking about their sexual encounter in his last biography.
I don't think that's it cause Dave said he got the okay from her though it's possible she had a change of heart or didn't like how it came out.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
oooh, she's very mad at him. Sadly she hasn't read the book and if she had she'd probably have a different attitude. Ken didn't glorify the drug use to the best of my recollection though he was frank about it. Stevie seems to mention the bands (and her own) drug use at every possible opportunity. I guess they wont be exchanging Christmas cards.
I think Stevie just doesn't like anything that could possibly make her look bad, even though he doesn't really say anything bad about her in the book, he's just like "she was good BACK THEN". I think it's funny but also normal I guess, Stevie says a whole lot of things about other people but she never really says anything to make herself look somewhat responsible. People are always doing things to her or acting a certain way to her and she doesn't like to hear it another way which I get.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's not true, I think they're just not particularly close anymore. I read that Richard was at one of Lindsey's solo shows several years ago and Lindsey mentioned him during the show.

People do just move on in life. There are plenty of people I was very, very close to 20 years ago that I now have little or no contact with. Its not necessarily a conscious decision but circumstances dictate that people just drift apart.

There was some discussion about whether Richard had been ordered to stop blogging a while back. I never thought that was the case personally, but if it were then it looks as if Stevie would have been the most likely one to put her foot down. If she isn't happy with old associates writing books about the band then she's definitely not going to take kindly to Richard posting pictures and stories about her, no matter how flattering and gushing he writes about her.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-03-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
People do just move on in life. There are plenty of people I was very, very close to 20 years ago that I now have little or no contact with. Its not necessarily a conscious decision but circumstances dictate that people just drift apart.

There was some discussion about whether Richard had been ordered to stop blogging a while back. I never thought that was the case personally, but if it were then it looks as if Stevie would have been the most likely one to put her foot down. If she isn't happy with old associates writing books about the band then she's definitely not going to take kindly to Richard posting pictures and stories about her, no matter how flattering and gushing he writes about her.
I don't think that was the case either, he went to their rehearsal and concert way after they all got to know about the blog and after that he recounted the experience and was very happy with all of them.
When he reopened the other blog he mentioned receiving anon hate on his first so one of his reasons might be the disillusion with the fans. I'm on tumblr and it can be quite some strange ****. Also other associates of the band like Sara have long stopped posting there for this reason too.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think that was the case either, he went to their rehearsal and concert way after they all got to know about the blog and after that he recounted the experience and was very happy with all of them.
When he reopened the other blog he mentioned receiving anon hate on his first so one of his reasons might be the disillusion with the fans. I'm on tumblr and it can be quite some strange ****. Also other associates of the band like Sara have long stopped posting there for this reason too.
Ken said he thought Richard stopped posting because he was upset the Life article left him out, even though it was no ones fault except the editors.

I think Sara's just kinda nutty. Some of her posts on Facebook are kinda weird.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Ken said he thought Richard stopped posting because he was upset the Life article left him out, even though it was no ones fault except the editors.

I think Sara's just kinda nutty. Some of her posts on Facebook are kinda weird.
I don't know because I'm not on Facebook but they're all probably nuts but that doesn't mean they deserve others telling them they should go kill themselves like people on that site often do.
A previous crazy ledgie had created a fake Sara blog in which they said strange things about Mick and Stevie.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know because I'm not on Facebook but they're all probably nuts but that doesn't mean they deserve others telling them they should go kill themselves like people on that site often do.
A previous crazy ledgie had created a fake Sara blog in which they said strange things about Mick and Stevie.
I saw a screenshot of some rant she went on telling people to stop caring so much if they meet Stevie or not. Something like that. It was weird. But I agree.

I thought it was Gary Hodges who trashed Mick and Stevie on tumblr though.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I saw a screenshot of some rant she went on telling people to stop caring so much if they meet Stevie or not. Something like that. It was weird. But I agree.

I thought it was Gary Hodges who trashed Mick and Stevie on tumblr though.
I know some fans used her to get to meet Stevie in the past.
However there used to be a strange ledgie that apparently set up more than a tumblr page with fake accounts by people of the FM circle. That of Sara if I remember well had also some kind of inappropriate sexual joke about Mick and/or Stevie.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know some fans used her to get to meet Stevie in the past.
However there used to be a strange ledgie that apparently set up more than a tumblr page with fake accounts by people of the FM circle. That of Sara if I remember well had also some kind of inappropriate sexual joke about Mick and/or Stevie.
This was really recent though, it's not like she's in Stevie's circle anymore, she just randomly posted it which I think is weird considering she accepts fans who request her and "befriends" some people.

That is strange though I agree but there's a lot of strange things on the Internet.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He was at his show in Vegas in 2007 (I was there) and Lindsey mentioned him from the stage and Richard stood up and waved to the crowd. He was seated actually a bit further back than I was, in the center section. There was someone else with him whom Lindsey also mentioned, but now I have no recollection of who it was. Ken? Steve Ross? not sure.