The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What should Fleetwood Mac do about Stevie Nicks since she refuses to record w/them?
The should kick her out of the band unless she agrees to participate in a new album. 17 17.35%
They should finish the album without her but let her tour with them. 18 18.37%
They should finish the album and do a small tour without her, but then do a big tour with her. 38 38.78%
They should replace her with someone else. 4 4.08%
They should just disband and end Fleetwood Mac. 5 5.10%
They should not record anything new and just tour with Stevie as Fleetwood Mac. 16 16.33%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2016, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
so what is all of this ( thread ) for ?
Well, I believe it's about what they SHOULD do, not what they have already done.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, I believe it's about what they SHOULD do, not what they have already done.
should do about what ? there is no factual proof she said anything

Last edited by olive; 12-21-2016 at 04:12 PM..
Old 12-21-2016, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Not yet, but the tour hasn't ended.
I have every confidence that Stevie Nicks would immediately go to Rolling Stone or any other news source that would give her the time of day to go off on Fleetwood Mac if they fired her, regardless of whether or not she was on tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
should do about what ?
Really? About what they should do about Stevie, not what they've done.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Registered

Quote:
I have every confidence that Stevie Nicks would immediately go to Rolling Stone or any other news source that would give her the time of day to go off on Fleetwood Mac if they fired her, regardless of whether or not she was on tour.
i totally agree
Old 12-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the publicity would be good for her ticket sales.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She wouldn't have to. The media would be all over it and come to her.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm content with whatever the five of them decide to do. It'll be discussed as a band on what path they take collectively and or individually. I'm really not that stressed about it because I'm going to enjoy whatever they give.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, lets step out of our super-fan selves for a moment and put this all in perspective. If I were to ask any of my clients young and old who (what members) they think of when they think of Fleetwood Mac and what songs, you'll get a unanimous Stevie Nicks and the songs of Landslide, Rhiannon, Stand Back, GDW and a few others. Yes, some are individual hits, BUT that's the way it is. No bias in polling. Just two simple questions about whom they think of and what songs??

I believe that much of the perspective here comes from whether you were a Mac fan b/4 Stevie and Lindsey or after or BOTH?? IMHO, having 40 years together as a band with Lindsey and Stevie as an integral part defines FM as inclusive of Stevie and Lindsey. The 60s and early 70s iteration has a different meaning to different persons . So yes, some of this is age-related and part of it is nostalgic (early FM years before Stevie/Lindsey). However, if you're talking about SuperGroup FM, then it must by definition include Stevie and Lindsey.

For example, I've seen Journey with SP and without him ( Arnel Pineda) and although he sounds, similar, its just not the same without SP (thats a whole other debate for another forum). Again, much of the perception is age related.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
the publicity would be good for her ticket sales.
This ^^^^^^^ !!!

BUT, NOT so good for FM ticket sales or booking dates!
Old 12-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
For example, I've seen Journey with SP and without him ( Arnel Pineda) and although he sounds, similar, its just not the same without SP (thats a whole other debate for another forum).
interesting, can you give us a quick scoop on what happened and how did 2 different Journey tours differ?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I never thought I would say this, but I think they should just finish the album without her. After seeing her show at the Forum Sunday, I just can't help but feel that the end of Fleetwood Mac is upon us. It's clear she doesn't want to be in the band anymore, but it's also clear she needs the band....her solo show wasn't nearly as good as the Fleetwood Mac show last year.
Stevie loves being the star on stage....with Lindsey (and, to a lesser degree, Christine) she has to work for that....they push each other. No one pushes her when she's solo. Consequently, as different as she said this tour was going to be, it really wasn't....she seemed to be going through the motions, especially after Chrissie Hynde, who just KILLED it!
Don't get me wrong....she seemed happy. And that's why I think going back to the band is going to be such a disaster. She doesn't want to be there...you KNOW Lindsey is pissed at her....and I'm sure even Christine is upset. All of this is going to bleed into being on stage together, making them miserable.
Next year is the band's 50th anniversary, which I'm sure means something to Mick and John. I'm sure part of the tour is already booked. Between these two facts, I think we will see the band continue on for a bit.
But the fact remains....love her or hate her, Stevie is the main draw for Fleetwood Mac. I think the band's legacy means a lot to Mick and John. As much as everyone seems to love the new material, I think they should circle the wagons and make it clear that Stevie didn't want to participate, but they wanted the fans to hear this music. So what if it pisses her off? At this point, I don't think it matters.
So.....release the album without Stevie, do a mini tour without her while she does the second leg of her tour, plus Australia and Great Britain, then soldier through one more tour at the end of 2017 and into 2018.
I never thought I would say that. But at this point, I just want to see the band end their run with some integrity and on a (somewhat) high note.
I've said this elsewhere, but what you have posted is pretty much how I feel as well. I adore Stevie; I've always been one of those rare people who like both Stevie and Lindsey with the same intensity, different as they are. I believe they sound best together. Thus, I want Stevie on another Fleetwood Mac album, and I want it more than I want any solo material.

That said, if Stevie refuses, I want them to move ahead without her. I want to hear that new music! If that means they record without Stevie, so be it. If that means they do a smaller scale tour without Stevie, I'm down with that as well. I would still like to see them do a big tour with her after that, though.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
OK, lets step out of our super-fan selves for a moment and put this all in perspective.
Okay, Christine and Lindsey had over two-thirds of Fleetwood Mac's hit singles. They could field a show full of classics and new songs without Stevie, and nobody would mistake it for anything other than Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
If I were to ask any of my clients young and old who (what members) they think of when they think of Fleetwood Mac and what songs, you'll get a unanimous Stevie Nicks and the songs of Landslide, Rhiannon, Stand Back, GDW and a few others.
Because that's scientific. It certainly doesn't explain why they sold many, many more tickets in 2014-15 compared to the 2013 tour. Stevie was there for both tours. Fleetwood Mac sold millions of albums. Of course people know or can easily be reminded of who Christine and Lindsey are. Don't be ridiculous.

Quote:
I believe that much of the perspective here comes from whether you were a Mac fan b/4 Stevie and Lindsey or after or BOTH??
I like it all, from Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac to Extended Play. I became a fan in 1987.

Quote:
IMHO, having 40 years together as a band with Lindsey and Stevie as an integral part defines FM as inclusive of Stevie and Lindsey. The 60s and early 70s iteration has a different meaning to different persons . So yes, some of this is age-related and part of it is nostalgic (early FM years before Stevie/Lindsey). However, if you're talking about SuperGroup FM, then it must by definition include Stevie and Lindsey.
And Christine. You know, the one who had the most top-40 Fleetwood Mac singles during the actual heyday of 1975-90 . . . I have a hunch you weren't as nearly upset with Fleetwood Mac carrying on without Ms. McVie.

Quote:
For example, I've seen Journey with SP and without him ( Arnel Pineda) and although he sounds, similar, its just not the same without SP (thats a whole other debate for another forum). Again, much of the perception is age related.
The problem with that comparison is that SP was the only singer in Journey who had hit singles. Fleetwood Mac had three lead vocalists, and the two that want to make new music had over two-thirds of the hits. It would still be unmistakably Fleetwood Mac without Stevie.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 12-21-2016 at 10:54 PM..
Old 12-21-2016, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who cares? Are you kidding? All she has done for the last 30 years is bad mouth Fleetwood Mac. She is a broken record. The world has heard it all before.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Who cares? Are you kidding? All she has done for the last 30 years is bad mouth Fleetwood Mac. She is a broken record. The world has heard it all before.
I was responding to the comment that we don't even know whether or not Fleetwood Mac has fired Stevie. Oh yes we do!

THE Stephen Hopkins