User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
Regardless if she had a wig or had a facelift she is and always has been beautiful! Is it just me or did she seem to age in reverse?
YES!
Quote:
I have always loved her in this video of "Isn't It Midnight." I love how she is dancing/jumping around at her keyboard. She look so happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9GIjhLZvIw
She does look radiant on that. And happy. What really irks me about the TITN footage is that the camera always flicks back to bloody Stevie. If it's a Christine song, leave the other one out! They don't flick to Chris during Stevie's songs half as often.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have always loved her in this video of "Isn't It Midnight." I love how she is dancing/jumping around at her keyboard. She look so happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9GIjhLZvIw
And that's why I can't belive she "always" hated to tour. I still think that happened in the late years (BTM, The Dance..)

At that same Tango video, she looks very happy during Everywhere (actually a combination of 2 performances)

Last edited by Villavic; 04-18-2011 at 08:06 AM..
Old 04-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post

What really irks me about the TITN footage is that the camera always flicks back to bloody Stevie. If it's a Christine song, leave the other one out! They don't flick to Chris during Stevie's songs half as often.
I couldn't agree with you more! I was watching a Tusk era video (I think) and during Don't Stop I don't think she was on camera once. She is singing, yet they are filming Lindsey! I mean I love him as much as the next person but c'mon now!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In pictures and videos I have seen from the 70's she looks a lot older than she did in the 80's or 90's. Am I the only one who thinks this? haha
No, I've seen certain earlier pictures where she looks older than she is. I gather that's what burning the candle at both ends and drinking will do. Certainly, the last few times we've seen her since The Dance she is much healthier and looks relaxed and refreshed and that translates to youth. Also, we only got a little video of her during the Meantime exposure, but just seeing her move in those short clips, she seemed limber and happy.

Michele
Old 04-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

She was gorgeous on the Mirage tour and Tango. And showed off those beautiful legs, if I recall correctly.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And that's why I can't belive she "always" hated to tour.
I think Christine loved to perform, but found the travel to be very wearying. I think that's what is meant when the statement is made that Chris hated touring. She loved the music part.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I think Christine loved to perform, but found the travel to be very wearying. I think that's what is meant when the statement is made that Chris hated touring. She loved the music part.
I don't really buy that either... for someone that hating travel... she did it from 1967 to 1997... I travel a lot and it gets old fast.. but seriously if you hate it that much you wouldn't do it for 30 years and create such amazing things on stage..

I think the whole "I've always hated touring" is a complete exaggeration. I think after BTM and the earthquake and having put in 30 years it got old... She did the Dance and said.. farewell....
Old 04-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the whole "I've always hated touring" is a complete exaggeration. I think after BTM and the earthquake and having put in 30 years it got old...
You could be right, but then how do you explain "Homeward Bound," which was written very early in her touring career? Or was she just having a bad day when she wrote it?

Another possibility is that even more than the travel, it was living in the U.S. all those years that was wearying for her. She always missed England, I think.

I think we can agree that she never hated performing. You look at those videos ... she LOVED performing. She loved playing the keyboards, and she loved being in a band. And she loved success.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
You could be right, but then how do you explain "Homeward Bound," which was written very early in her touring career? Or was she just having a bad day when she wrote it?

Another possibility is that even more than the travel, it was living in the U.S. all those years that was wearying for her. She always missed England, I think.

I think we can agree that she never hated performing. You look at those videos ... she LOVED performing. She loved playing the keyboards, and she loved being in a band. And she loved success.
Yeah i think Homeward Bound is about a sentiment all artists feel when they tour and live out of a suitcase.. and they kind of all hate it... but I think all the members except Stevie, who seems to really really love escaping life on the road, have felt that feeling.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Junior Ledgie

I'd say the Mirage Tour....but she always looks great, damnit.

I wish she'd come back. I'm starting to get swept up in all this Stevie-hype, Chris needs to save me before I become a full-on chiffonhead
Old 05-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh gosh, I can't believe the video for Love Shines hasn't been brought up. That one's fantastic. She looks very similar to how she looked at the Superbowl though, which is what I mentioned as my favorite.
The video for Skies the Limit is great too - GOOD GOD, those legs when she walks by in the very beginning...I always need assistance in picking my jaw up off the floor after I watch that video. Yum.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My favourite Chris look

It's got to be Behind The Mask era