The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Vault Songs that Stevie has told the media that she would like to record

When 24KG was released almost three years ago, Stevie did a Facebook Q&A revealing that she almost recorded "Julia" for the project, but decided not to include it...then stated "If I ever do Part 2, Julie will be on it" or something to that degree. I can't remember the exact quote, but I can only speculate that the reason "Julia" was left off of the Bella Donna Expanded Edition last year is because she still has it in mind to record it?

She has also mentioned in other interviews a song she wrote a long time ago called "The Kennedy's" that she wanted to record, as well as "City Of Hope" (aka "The Charmed Ones") which was written about/for Robin. A couple of weeks ago, she revealed the reason that "Joan Of Arc" wasn't included on the Deluxe Edition of "Tango" was that she had plans to record it again.

So that makes four songs (that I can think of) which could potentially make it onto "Songs From The Vault Part 2" - I'm calling it this because it's more than likely it won't be called "24KG Part 2", since that song has already been recorded. More than likely it will be titled "(Insert Vault Song Title here) - Songs From The Vault Volume II". We potentially have...

"Julia"
"The Kennedy's"
"City Of Hope"
"Joan Of Arc"

My question is for SisterNightRoad, SpyNote and anyone else on here who keeps tabs and archives her interviews. Has she mentioned any other song titles in the last few years that she has said she wanted to record? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:36 PM

Yes, it was this interview:

Q: 24 Karat Gold could easily have a Part 2 or 3 because of the number of demos you have. What would you include on it?
A: I think that this is one of the best records I’ve ever made. So I can’t just let this record go. When the Fleetwood Mac tour is over, I might go straight back to Nashville and record eight or nine songs, and Warner Brothers can take it and repackage the album. I have another 10 demos. There’s a song that’s called City of Hope that I love that needs to go out because that’s [the name of the California-based hospital] Robin was in. I spent a lot of time driving through the big sign that says “City of Hope” when there was no hope. With a bottle of brandy and a gram of cocaine, thinking, “Please God, don’t let her die.”

Q: You also have a song about JFK. Is it on your list of possibilities to record for the second volume of 24 Karat Gold?
A: I’ll probably do that, too. It’s called The Kennedys. That was about a strange dream I had about meeting the Kennedy men, at a cocktail party benefit in the Hamptons. I went in to play the piano and sing [for the party] and Martin Luther King walked me down the hallway. It has this amazing part that I just think would fit with the world right now: “Please God, show them the way. Please God, on this day. Spirits all gather round. Peace will come if you really want it. Peace will come if you fight harder. I think we’re just in time to save it.” I’m ready for Jack Kennedy’s dreams. I’m ready for there to be somebody leading the country that somehow puts some kind of a respect and charisma into things … basically the same thing that Clinton had.

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/i-liv...-stevie-nicks/

Also here is the Q & A: http://stevie-nicks.info/2014/11/ste...s-on-facebook/

The only other songs I remember at the moment are her Rhiannon songs for her Mabinogion project and a disc of children songs like Goldfish and Ladybug because if I remember well, there are more than the latter and Blue Water.

However it may be relevant that in 1995 Stevie should have released an album of rarities called "Playing In God's Garden" with this tracklist:

1. Whenever I Call You 'Friend'
2. Violet And Blue
3. Sleeping Angel
4. I Need To Know (Live)
5. Gold And Braid
6. Inspiration
7. Running Through The Garden
8. Kick It (Acoustic Version)
9. Silver Springs
10. Not A Love I'm Proud Of
11. Just Like Jesse James
12. Playing In God's Garden

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-15-2017 at 04:55 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
The only other songs I remember at the moment are her Rhiannon songs for her Mabinogion project and a disc of children songs like Goldfish and Ladybug because if I remember well, there are more the latter and Blue Water.

10. Not A Love I'm Proud Of
11. Just Like Jesse James
I'm assuming that "Just Like Jesse James" ISN'T a cover of the song Cher made popular? Also, "Not A Love I'm Proud Of" sounds intriguing. The rest of the songs on that list have made it onto other projects or compilations.

Yeah, it was revealed after 24KG was released that "Blue Water" was one of the songs from the GoldFish/Ladybug project...and she's released "Rhiannon" project songs here and there since her solo career started. I'm still holding out that "Forsaken Love" will see the light of day on an officially released project soon.

Regarding the Expanded Editions that came out this past November, it seems highly unlikely that she'll re-record "Dial The Number" or "Gold & Braid" on any future project since she was willing to release them to the public...and I'm cool with that. Neither one was all that special. And there's no way she could top the live "Gold & Braid" from the WWD tour of 81', especially with her current vocal register. However, other than "Julia", she also omitted releasing songs like "Baby Doll" and "Sanctuary" which were also completed with a full band. Makes you wonder if she has plans for those as well.

But now I'm turning this thread into yet another "song speculation and wish list thread" about a new vault album...and there are already a million of those. Sorry.

Back on topic...

...so I suppose (as of now) those are the only four "vault songs" that we know for sure she has in the back of her mind for possible inclusion in an upcoming project?
Old 03-15-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I'm assuming that "Just Like Jesse James" ISN'T a cover of the song Cher made popular? Also, "Not A Love I'm Proud Of" sounds intriguing. The rest of the songs on that list have made it onto other projects or compilations.

Yeah, it was revealed after 24KG was released that "Blue Water" was one of the songs from the GoldFish/Ladybug project...and she's released "Rhiannon" project songs here and there since her solo career started. I'm still holding out that "Forsaken Love" will see the light of day on an officially released project soon.

Regarding the Expanded Editions that came out this past November, it seems highly unlikely that she'll re-record "Dial The Number" or "Gold & Braid" on any future project since she was willing to release them to the public...and I'm cool with that. Neither one was all that special. And there's no way she could top the live "Gold & Braid" from the WWD tour of 81', especially with her current vocal register. However, other than "Julia", she also omitted releasing songs like "Baby Doll" and "Sanctuary" which were also completed with a full band. Makes you wonder if she has plans for those as well.

But now I'm turning this thread into yet another "song speculation and wish list thread" about a new vault album...and there are already a million of those. Sorry.

Back on topic...

...so I suppose (as of now) those are the only four "vault songs" that we know for sure she has in the back of her mind for possible inclusion in an upcoming project?
Yes, this Just Like Jesse James is Stevie-penned.

I don't know if we can exclude from the start that she won't rerecord another song like she did with Twister but neither one of the songs that already appeared on last year's deluxe editions; I think from a marketing perspective, since the expanded editions were a success, it could be a good choice to record one of those demos that have been recently appreciated by the public.

And yes, the songs that have been explicitly named in recent times are only those four, from what I know.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those are the only four songs I recall her mentioning/discussing.

I was thrilled that Julia wasn't included on the BD remaster, as it suggested that she still intends to record and release it.

With FM on hiatus until at least next year (as per Mick's recent SXSW interview), here's hoping Stevie will have the time and motivation to go back into the Studio.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Those are the only four songs I recall her mentioning/discussing.

I was thrilled that Julia wasn't included on the BD remaster, as it suggested that she still intends to record and release it.

With FM on hiatus until at least next year (as per Mick's recent SXSW interview), here's hoping Stevie will have the time and motivation to go back into the Studio.
I agree with all of this. IF she does go back into the studio, it would truly be a miracle at this point.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:59 AM
Registered

didn't she say they were going to repackage 24 karat songs from the vault with more songs ?
Old 03-16-2017, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
didn't she say they were going to repackage 24 karat songs from the vault with more songs ?
She offhandedly mentioned that was something that she "might" do after the Fleetwood Mac "On With The Show" Tour ended, but that idea was never set in stone and of course never came to fruition.

I think if she were to do another "vault concept" album, it would just be a "Volume II" and not a repackage with 24KG. Just my opinion.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
She offhandedly mentioned that was something that she "might" do after the Fleetwood Mac "On With The Show" Tour ended, but that idea was never set in stone and of course never came to fruition.

I think if she were to do another "vault concept" album, it would just be a "Volume II" and not a repackage with 24KG. Just my opinion.
As I said in "The Rumours" forum, I'm extremely disappointed in Stevie at this point, with he attitude towards recording. Yes, Stevie, just keep on touring, and touring and touring. Rake in all that cash. Breathe it all in...Ugh it disgusts me. Anyway, it really would be like a miracle from God if she did 24 Karat Gold Vol. 2. She may think "nobody" would buy it, but I would. Somebody who is poor like myself cannot shelf out the big bucks you want for your endless and repetitive concert tours. Sorry, enough of my b!+(hing and moaning but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way...
Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnwndrs View Post
Yes, Stevie, just keep on touring, and touring and touring.
I don't know how long you have been a fan but my fandom began with the White Album. Back in those days and onward through the 20th Century I was lucky to see her live once every few years or so but the time in between felt like forever because although I had a few bootleg albums, there was nothing like youtube to keep me visually occupied until she came around again. In the 21st Century the luck has been amazing. I have had the privilege of seeing her live often twice in the same year and I can never get enough. I feel so honored that the person I identify as my favorite singer in the whole world is STILL relevant and performing for the world and me(of course) as I rolled from a teenager to a man in the middle of his life. So please Stevie keep on touring. Sure I'd love to hear new music again but if it doesn't happen, we still have a huge amount of music from her to enjoy. So rock on gold dust woman and keep twirling your Rhiannon capes for me.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I don't know how long you have been a fan but my fandom began with the White Album. Back in those days and onward through the 20th Century I was lucky to see her live once every few years or so but the time in between felt like forever because although I had a few bootleg albums, there was nothing like youtube to keep me visually occupied until she came around again. In the 21st Century the luck has been amazing. I have had the privilege of seeing her live often twice in the same year and I can never get enough. I feel so honored that the person I identify as my favorite singer in the whole world is STILL relevant and performing for the world and me(of course) as I rolled from a teenager to a man in the middle of his life. So please Stevie keep on touring. Sure I'd love to hear new music again but if it doesn't happen, we still have a huge amount of music from her to enjoy. So rock on gold dust woman and twirling your Rhiannon capes for me.
Thank you for that. It's just that she is coming across to her fans as REALLY money-hungry, and that's kinda NOT cool..

Last edited by svnwndrs; 03-16-2017 at 11:05 PM..
Old 03-16-2017, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnwndrs View Post
Thank you for that. It's just that she is coming across to her fans as REALLY money-hungry, and that's kinda NOT cool..
I don't think Stevie is money hungry at all, despite what people on here think and i reckon the latest mag has miss con-stew and others alike just write BS out of context most of the time!!! she is a multi millionaire almost 70yrs old, and doing what makes HER HAPPY at this stage of her career she giving her fans awesome, passionate performances night after night. Rock on!! Hi Vivfox
Old 03-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Rock on!! Hi Vivfox :wavey
Hey baby babe