User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Obituary

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/reg...60#fbLoggedOut

Joyce May (Carpenter) Coyle, 45, of Torrington, daughter of Delores and the late Elvin Carpenter, passed away June 22 at Hartford Hospital. Joyce was born in Winsted, Connecticut on February 8, 1968. She leaves behind her husband Stephen Coyle and daughters Nicole, Caitlin and Samantha, sister Barbara and brothers Elvin "Charlie", David and Dale Carpenter and several nieces and nephews. Her strength was an inspiration to her daughters. She loved the music of Stevie Nicks and often broke out the karaoke machine to sing along to Stevie. Joyce loved to laugh - her feisty and tenacious spirit will be missed by all who knew her.

The family will receive relatives and friends Thursday June 27 4:00 to 6:00 PM at Phalen Funeral Home 285 Migeon Ave. Torrington. Memorial Donations can be made to the Coyle Children's Fund c/o Torrington Savings Bank 635Main St Torrington, CT 06790. www.phalenfuneral.com
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 06-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from an Examiner article about celebrity restaurants. The Stevie Nicks is "the 'meatless' burger." It is $8.99 and add .99 for cheese.

http://www.examiner.com/list/restaur...-by-rock-stars

Alice Cooper: Alice Cooperstown

Located in Phoenix, Arizona, and owned by "Shock Rocker," Alice Cooper, Cooperstown is the best place where "where jocks and rock (music) meet." It is a casual bar and eatery that focuses not only sports, but also the best in popular music. Some of the favorite menu items at Cooperstown include the Stevie Nicks Gardenburger, Lady Gaga's Hot Links and Devo's Big City Sliders.

[Here's the menu]

http://www.alicecooperstown.com/menus/menus.html
Old 07-04-2013, 04:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from an article about the Israeli Presidential Conference]

http://www.schusterman.org/x-move-us...ial-conference

July 3, 2013 by Sarah Lynch

The day before I flew to Tel Aviv I tried to comfort myself by writing a Stevie Nicks quote in my journal: “I don’t feel alone. I feel very unalone. I feel very sparkly and excited about everything.” While I didn’t share those sentiments at the time, I knew what I needed to feel excited about the next chapter in my life. I needed a sense of connection to community. I needed to make new friends. I needed intellectual growth. Ultimately, I wanted proof that I could navigate foreign places on my own. I’ll be moving to Medellin, Colombia, in a month and having this proof would provide a much needed confidence boost. I thought spending time in Israel could help. So what did I find?
Old 07-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wanted proof that I could navigate foreign places on my own. I’ll be moving to Medellin, Colombia, in a month and having this proof would provide a much needed confidence boost. I thought spending time in Israel could help. So what did I find?
The real question is 'what do Israel and Columbia have in common?'
Old 07-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Excerpt from an Examiner article about celebrity restaurants. The Stevie Nicks is "the 'meatless' burger." It is $8.99 and add .99 for cheese.

Stevie Nicks Gardenburger,

[Here's the menu]

http://www.alicecooperstown.com/menus/menus.html
Isn't it odd that, as many times as Stevie has been photographed or seen at steakhouses around the country, she would have a "meatless" vegie burger named for her?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw an article on the Dolly Parton news site (feel free to make fun I do indeed check the Dolly news every week, lol), Billboard made some 4th of July slideshow on which people best represent each state. (Dolly of course, was Tennessee). I scrolled through out of curiosity and sure enough, Stevie represented Arizona.

http://www.billboard.com/photos/4288...states?i=38337
Old 07-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Stevie in a Beaumont Enterprise slide show of underrated people]

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ne...#photo-4893294

Musician Stevie Nicks -- back in the seventies it was conventional to pretend that the others were the talent and she was just the pretty face. Wrong. She was the talent AND the pretty face.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is an old blog post by Joanna Pasceri about visiting the Hall of Fame]

http://www.wkbw.com/news/blogs/pasce...-99432379.html

Unlike some of those big network news personalities, I did not vacation in South Africa and take in a World Cup game.

Nope, in my world, I was lucky to get to the other side of Lake Erie! My family spent a night in Cleveland during my recent time off, and guess what? We had a great time! The highlight by far was our trip to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. What a place! First of all, did you know from the air, you can see it's shaped like a turntable? That insight came courtesy of former Channel 7 Morning Anchor John Kosich, who works at the Cleveland ABC affiliate now and used to do reports from the station helicopter.
It's really cool! Our visit just happened to coincide with the year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death. As we walked in, a tribute was taking place in the lobby for the King of Pop. Some really talented singers were belting out some of his famous hits. We all got "I love MJ" pins, too!

There is so much to take in at the Hall of Fame. Six floors wind around the inside of the building (part of the turntable effect), and they are filled with all kinds of memorabilia from rock's legends. On display are clothes worn by Mick Jagger (he is so tiny), Stevie Nicks (she was so tiny), Freddie Mercury, and The Beatles. I even saw the black ballet pointe shoes that Stevie Nicks wore on the cover of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album! There is a piece of Otis Redding's airplane that crashed and killed the soul singer. There is John Lennon's piano, complete with candle wax drippings! There is a whole floor dedicated to The Boss, Bruce Springsteen!
We saw the leather jacket he wore on the Born to Run album and his 1994 Oscar for "Streets of Philadelphia" (It was a little rusty believe it or not!!!). There are also his Grammy awards, plus a lot of his songwriting notes. There are notepads filled with famous lyrics, including for the song, Glory Days! If you appreciate music as much as my family does, it's a great place to see. Not quite the World Cup, but still a winner to me!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an interview with Gordon Lightfoot

http://www.pressconnects.com/article...nclick_check=1

Over his long career, Lightfoot been mentioned as a favorite songwriter of Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash and Jimmy Buffett, and his tunes have been covered by dozens of other musicians. He’s been nominated for five Grammys and won 16 Juno Awards (the Canadian equivalent of the Grammys). Still, he said he was surprised by his induction into the Songwriters Hall of Fame last June.

“When the day finally came, I was on tour, so we had to get into New York to get it done and it was quite thrilling. We got to meet Kenny Rogers and Stevie Nicks, we had Meat Loaf and Bob Seeger and Ben E. King — they all performed, and I performed. I met a whole bunch of great people,” Lightfoot said. “It’s a real honor to be inducted into that society.”
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From an interview with Gordon Lightfoot
“When the day finally came, I was on tour, so we had to get into New York to get it done and it was quite thrilling. We got to meet Kenny Rogers and Stevie Nicks, we had Meat Loaf and Bob Seeger and Ben E. King — they all performed, and I performed. I met a whole bunch of great people,” Lightfoot said. “It’s a real honor to be inducted into that society.”
At first I thought he might be describing what the Hall served for dinner to the guests.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Check this video out, Stevie freaking out over Prince at his show in 04. Never seen this video before.
"I'm going to cry!"
Old 07-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Check this video out[/URL], Stevie freaking out over Prince at his show in 04. Never seen this video before.
"I'm going to cry!"
What an obscure find. I want to thank you because this is not the first time you have managed to present us something that most people would never have found. I thank you.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
What an obscure find. I want to thank you because this is not the first time you have managed to present us something that most people would never have found. I thank you.
To be fair, that one was a find from tumblr! Thanks to goldduststevie for the find!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie