Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I ain’t no Stevie hater, tho I do care about the ****e they dropped on Lyndsey
BUT
What you say is right....all she had to do was offer up 3 songs.
3 old ones, 3 new ??? and that’s that, job done.
If she is unable to write any new stuff, grab 3 from the cellar or whatever.

I still can’t understand why she didn’t do that..
I just don’t get it.
Well, believe it or not, I own every Stevie's vinyl, some rare 45s, I have my crescent moon, I bought a bottle of Fracas (Stevie's perfum) on my last trip to London, and my friends still give me Stevie's things for my birthdays. So, yeah, I don't hate her as much as every Stevie's fan here like to believe.

My dislike for her started exactly when she refused to offer a couple of songs (2 would have also been nice) for what would have been a FM album. That was 100% disdain against Lindsey. She could have done it but she didn't just because it's him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, believe it or not, I own every Stevie's vinyl, some rare 45s, I have my crescent moon, I bought a bottle of Fracas (Stevie's perfum) on my last trip to London, and my friends still give me Stevie's things for my birthdays. So, yeah, I don't hate her as much as every Stevie's fan here like to believe.

My dislike for her started exactly when she refused to offer a couple of songs (2 would have also been nice) for what would have been a FM album. That was 100% disdain against Lindsey. She could have done it but she didn't just because it's him.
I think she had problems with interplay within the band once Christine arrived back.
Christine is a strong player and doesn’t have the hang ups Stevie has with Lindsey.
Christine is still musically artistic, and Lindsey relates to this.
I think it’s bad Christine couldn’t put her “oar in”to prevent Lindsey sacking debacle.
That’s it for what it’s worth, once Christine returned the band was doomed...
Old 07-26-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she had problems with interplay within the band once Christine arrived back.
Christine is a strong player and doesn’t have the hang ups Stevie has with Lindsey.
Christine is still musically artistic, and Lindsey relates to this.
I think it’s bad Christine couldn’t put her “oar in”to prevent Lindsey sacking debacle.
That’s it for what it’s worth, once Christine returned the band was doomed...
Yeah, many fans I know support this theory. Some like to believe that she was crying during Say Goodbye at the end of the MGM concert in 2013 because she knew Christine was coming back and that meant her relationship with Lindsey was over. Maybe, who knows.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-26-2018, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=button-lip;1233123]Yeah, many fans I know support this theory. Some like to believe that she was crying during Say Goodbye at the end of the MGM concert in 2013 because she knew Christine was coming back and that meant her relationship with Lindsey was over. Maybe, who knows. [/QUOTE

Mmmm sounds childish enough ...for all of them.

(You know here in the uk we have a heat wave
It’s midnight and 24/75 it’s frying my brain....)
Old 07-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mmmm sounds childish enough ...for all of them.

(You know here in the uk we have a heat wave
It’s midnight and 24/75 it’s frying my brain....)
I was lucky. I missed the heat wave. I was there at the beginning of June and during most of the nights it was freezing.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, many fans I know support this theory. Some like to believe that she was crying during Say Goodbye at the end of the MGM concert in 2013 because she knew Christine was coming back and that meant her relationship with Lindsey was over. Maybe, who knows.
Yes, that makes some sense. I was at that concert. I attributed it at the time to her mothers passing. But it could have been a number of things combined too.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Yes, that makes some sense. I was at that concert. I attributed it at the time to her mothers passing. But it could have been a number of things combined too.
It was way after her mother died, almost 2 years. I don't think it was one particular thing that made her cry. Just the words probably got to her at that moment, made her think about a lot of the losses she's had in her life etc.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
It was way after her mother died, almost 2 years. I don't think it was one particular thing that made her cry. Just the words probably got to her at that moment, made her think about a lot of the losses she's had in her life etc.
And now a few years later, whatever drew that emotion out of her......it looks like crocodile tears.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
And now a few years later, whatever drew that emotion out of her......it looks like crocodile tears.
Yeah, after everything that happened it’s hard to imagine those are real tears. But I guess they were having a normal relationship at that time and then everything went downhill once Christine returned. And she knew it.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at that Vegas show up close. She was really crying and I kept thinking her response seemed disproportionate to Lindsey's song intro. Then again it's hard to stop crying once you start. Most everyone was focused on her (me too) but I looked back and forth from her and Lindsey and he seemed sad too. Not sure sad is the best word to describe it but there was something going on imo. Was this before or after John had cancer tx? I don't remember. If they knew Chris was coming back this could have felt like the end of their chapter as a 4 piece. Whatever was going on it was riveting I'll tell you that.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Fleetwood Mac 2017 release

1- Sleeping Around The Corner

2- Feel About You

3- Julia

4- In My World

4- Red Sun

5- Love Is Here To Stay

6- New Stevie song

7- Too Far Gone

8- Lay Down For Free

9- Game Of Pretend

10- New Stevie song

11- On With The Show

12- Carnival Begin
I don't need to go into what should have been as Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie is perfect without any interference from Stevie. It is a Fleetwood Mac album by another name. Stevie would have worsened the album. The only new song that she's written recently and had the gall to publicly name is My Mother's Rings. Would be a nice album closer. But one song from her would have been just the right amount to me.

And we could go into what could have been with touring too. They shouldn't have continued to tour without Lindsey. They shouldn't have sacked Lindsey to begin with, he was just being a people pleaser to solo and Mac fans by wanting to tour in between Mac dates. But the end of the discussion is, the band called Fleetwood Mac has a new line up and this is likely the last (world) tour they will do. So like them or leave them, end of story.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, after everything that happened it’s hard to imagine those are real tears. But I guess they were having a normal relationship at that time and then everything went downhill once Christine returned. And she knew it.
I think those tears were real. Stevie gets caught up in the words of songs the way Danny would get emotional when he played the guitar. It’s the music that brings it out of her. To attribute the tears to something specific is dicey. And I certainly don’t think she was crying because Christine was coming back: in fact, she seemed to really want her old pal back again. What she didn’t want was another tour so hard on the heels of the one they just did. She was very unhappy about it and made her feelings known midway through the five-piece’s reunion.

Did Lindsey change toward her once Christine returned? Probably. He no longer had to tolerate her and make so many concessions. He could also force the issue of new music, something Stevie had been avoiding with FM for years.

People keep saying she could have given them 2-3 old or new songs. This is true. But something else might have frozen her: her contributions next to theirs might have seemed thin or anemic—and historically the press has rarely been kind in reviews to Stevie’s FM album contributions, where the five piece is concerned. Rolling Stone, for example, pretty much dismissed Stevie’s contributions to both Mirage and Tango, while praising the musical partnership Lindsey and Christine had forged. At this surge in her career, Stevie is NOT inviting bad press. She seems hell bent on squeezing as much out of her legacy a possible.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I was at that Vegas show up close. She was really crying and I kept thinking her response seemed disproportionate to Lindsey's song intro. Then again it's hard to stop crying once you start. Most everyone was focused on her (me too) but I looked back and forth from her and Lindsey and he seemed sad too. Not sure sad is the best word to describe it but there was something going on imo. Was this before or after John had cancer tx? I don't remember. If they knew Chris was coming back this could have felt like the end of their chapter as a 4 piece. Whatever was going on it was riveting I'll tell you that.
Wasn't that the same song that Lindsey also got choked up on and had a hard time singing? (Say Goodbye?) I chalked it up to the tour wrapping up and them reflecting on John having been sick, everyone getting older, experiencing some family losses in recent years, blah, blah, blah...
Old 07-27-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Wasn't that the same song that Lindsey also got choked up on and had a hard time singing? (Say Goodbye?) I chalked it up to the tour wrapping up and them reflecting on John having been sick, everyone getting older, experiencing some family losses in recent years, blah, blah, blah...
Yeah, he looked a little teary-eyed to me during this song on his Sound Stage video. I'm sure it was emotional for both of them since this was the final show.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://uproxx.com/music/fleetwood-m...-this-eddie/4/
You know that old saying, “Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it?”