User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Yeah, they should of taken the extra time to actually DO SOMETHING CREATIVE! work on songs they have never done before, a new acoustic set with brown eyes, gypsy, and goodbye angel in the middle of the set.

Imagine that!
Ok, I can respect your view. I also can respect that the band may not have wanted to rescheduled thirty concerts so decided to move forward without Lindsey. Rescheduling thirty concerts is very complicated and would have affected the lives of a lot of people including those who were planning to work on these concerts.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Assuming you all are correct that it was November 2018 and not November 2019, you all think the band should have rescheduled thirty concerts to accommodate Lindsey's desire to reschedule the tour?
They’ve delayed and rescheduled for Stevie more than once, why not do it for Lindsey?
Old 05-21-2018, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, I can respect your view. I also can respect that the band may not have wanted to rescheduled thirty concerts so decided to move forward without Lindsey. Rescheduling thirty concerts is very complicated and would have affected the lives of a lot of people including those who were planning to work on these concerts.
What a complete pile of utter nonsense. Of all the arguments to put forward, the most ridiculous is citing those who were planning on working at the concerts. Nobody that would have been working even knew. Besides workers at venues won't just be idle... Planned dates would have just been taken by other artists. Give me strength... Or a gin & tonic

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What a complete pile of utter nonsense. Of all the arguments to put forward, the most ridiculous is citing those who were planning on working at the concerts. Nobody that would have been working even knew. Besides workers at venues won't just be idle... Planned dates would have just been taken by other artists. Give me strength... Or a gin & tonic
You clearly have never worked on a major tour. Hundreds and hundreds of people are hired far in advance including musicians, roadies, photographers, promoters, agents, videographers, designers, sound engineers, etc. It's basically like forming a new company. Canceling or rescheduling a tour is like laying off hundreds of people.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Please insert Willy Wonka meme here]

Old 05-21-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Discussions seem to be going around and around and around...

Just to clear up...
Stevie: 'We were going to go into rehearsals in June. He wanted to put it off until next November'
Clearly Stevie was referring to November 2018 (come on, it doesn't take a lot of brain power to appreciate that). That would have fit in with the solid year timeline of a tour start in January 2019.
Stevie said 'That's a long time'.
The interviewer clearly thought she meant November 2019. Now that would have been a long time.
Lindsey suggested he do some solo dates alongside the Fleetwood Mac shows instead of delaying. They said no.

In a twist of irony, their scheduled June rehearsals now don't take place until August anyway.
My guess is Lindsey wanted to time his solo work in line with the Mac tour. If it had come out in April he probably could have done a short tour. However, for whatever reason there was a delay on the release of his scheduled solo record.

Rescheduling the slated shows- would that really have been that difficult? Maybe... I don't really know.
Well summarised. Now correct me if I'm wrong, I think I read this but it may have been hearsay.....If the actual firing reason was simply a 'scheduling issue' and not a 'him or me' scenario....am I right in hearing that LB after the initial disagreement, went back to them and said 'ok I won't solo tour or delay FM, I'm in'...but it was too late and Mike and Neil had already been hired behind his back?
Old 05-21-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Discussions seem to be going around and around and around...

Just to clear up...
Stevie: 'We were going to go into rehearsals in June. He wanted to put it off until next November'
Clearly Stevie was referring to November 2018 (come on, it doesn't take a lot of brain power to appreciate that). That would have fit in with the solid year timeline of a tour start in January 2019.
Stevie said 'That's a long time'.
The interviewer clearly thought she meant November 2019. Now that would have been a long time.
Lindsey suggested he do some solo dates alongside the Fleetwood Mac shows instead of delaying. They said no.

In a twist of irony, their scheduled June rehearsals now don't take place until August anyway.
My guess is Lindsey wanted to time his solo work in line with the Mac tour. If it had come out in April he probably could have done a short tour. However, for whatever reason there was a delay on the release of his scheduled solo record.

Rescheduling the slated shows- would that really have been that difficult? Maybe... I don't really know.
So even if you take what they say as gospel, since their rehearsals are now in August, they fired him over a three month delay.

Wow.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
So even if you take what they say as gospel, since their rehearsals are now in August, they fired him over a three month delay.

Wow.
This is exactly why the band is now pushing their ludicrous November 2019 narrative.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
This is exactly why the band is now pushing their ludicrous November 2019 narrative.
What will you say if it turns out that Lindsey insisted on delaying the tour until November 2019?
Old 05-21-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What will you say if it turns out that Lindsey insisted on delaying the tour until November 2019?
This is such a poor argument. What would you say if Stevie said “I hate Lindsey and resent that stupid son of a bitch and his irritating family. How dare he try to correct my grammar fifteen years ago!? I got him back - YOU’RE FIRED BUCKINGHAM!”
Old 05-21-2018, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
This is such a poor argument. What would you say if Stevie said “I hate Lindsey and resent that stupid son of a bitch and his irritating family. How dare he try to correct my grammar fifteen years ago!? I got him back - YOU’RE FIRED BUCKINGHAM!”
It's an argument that will irritate those who make one-sided proclamations without knowledge of what actually transpired.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's an argument that will irritate those who make one-sided proclamations without knowledge of what actually transpired.
You’ve provided exactly zero evidence of the November 2019 date being said by Lindsey or anyone else in Fleetwood Mac yet you continue to throw it out there as fact because it was written in an article. It was never quoted as being said by anyone. It was an assumption that makes zero sense yet you keep sticking to it as a fact.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
You’ve provided exactly zero evidence of the November 2019 date being said by Lindsey or anyone else in Fleetwood Mac yet you continue to throw it out there as fact because it was written in an article. It was never quoted as being said by anyone. It was an assumption that makes zero sense yet you keep sticking to it as a fact.
Actually, the opposite is true. I've provided evidence in citing that dozens of media outlets have reported that it was November 2019. You and others are the ones who are convinced that all of these outlets are wrong and that it was, in fact, Nov 2018 yet you haven't provided any information to support this assertion. Although none of us know for sure which it was, any objective observer (who's not blinded by anger against Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood) would acknowledge that the preponderance of the evidence, at this point, supports November 2019 as that's what the band and media outlets say and Lindsey hasn't correct the information.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, the opposite is true. I've provided evidence in citing that dozens of media outlets have reported that it was November 2019. You and others are the ones who are convinced that all of these outlets are wrong and that it was, in fact, Nov 2018 yet you haven't provided any information to support this assertion. Although none of us know for sure which it was, any objective observer (who's not blinded by anger against Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood) would acknowledge that the preponderance of the evidence, at this point, supports November 2019 as that's what the band and media outlets say and Lindsey hasn't correct the information.
Those media outlets all just got the information from that original piece of press with Rolling Stone.
And Lindsey probably will say something eventually, when he does some actual interviews. But he basically never issues press statements and I doubt that at a political fundraiser he's going to go into the specific details about what the band did or did not twist the truth on.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But those media sources you are citing are just rehashing what the interviewer was projecting, not directly from a member of the band. It’s a lazy way to get clicks.

THE Stephen Hopkins