Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Stevie mentioned in Klonopin, World's Most Dangerous Drug article

Check out this link to the article declaring that Klonopin is dangerous, overly-prescribed, and improperly prescribed. Stevie's anti-Klonopin campaign has been vindicated.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/151166...angerous_pill/
Old 06-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
Check out this link to the article declaring that Klonopin is dangerous, overly-prescribed, and improperly prescribed. Stevie's anti-Klonopin campaign has been vindicated.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/151166...angerous_pill/
Wow, that article was very eye-opening about what this drug can do and how addicting it really is to anyone that may take it. Im so glad she was able to make it through that time.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default very upsetting

to me!!! i'm on Klonopin. Dr. prescribed it to treat anxiety attacks. i take half a pill per night! not too pleased with it now!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Ledgie

The thing about Klonopin is that it should NEVER be prescribed long-term. It is for acute episodes. So, the doctor that put her on it for eight years is completely sketchy in my eyes.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This doctor, Angela Haliburda, does not have the story right]

South Coast Today by Curt Brown April 11, 2014

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/...NEWS/404110319

Haliburda, who works at St. Anne's Hospital in Fall River, said many people trade one addiction for another. She cited the case of singer Stevie Nicks who entered a nationally known clinic for alcohol abuse and came out addicted to Klonopin, which was prescribed for her.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[This doctor, Angela Haliburda, does not have the story right]

South Coast Today by Curt Brown April 11, 2014

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/...NEWS/404110319

Haliburda, who works at St. Anne's Hospital in Fall River, said many people trade one addiction for another. She cited the case of singer Stevie Nicks who entered a nationally known clinic for alcohol abuse and came out addicted to Klonopin, which was prescribed for her.
Wow.Alcohol? Thats news to me.
Since Stevie's in the news They had to bring her name up.Apparently they did not done their research homework to get the facts right on the info about Stevie.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Wow.Alcohol? Thats news to me.
Since Stevie's in the news They had to bring her name up.Apparently they did not done their research homework to get the facts right on the info about Stevie.
Yes, just because Betty Ford is for alcohol recovery doesn't mean that people with other substance abuse problems can't go there. The doctor who spoke may know that Stevie wasn't in there for treatment of alcoholism, but the way the summary of what she said is written up, that's not clear.

Also, Stevie didn't leave Betty Ford addicted to Klonopin. That wasn't the sequence of events.

Michele
Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Also, Stevie didn't leave Betty Ford addicted to Klonopin. That wasn't the sequence of events.
No, but I'd still say it's a fair assertation that Stevie replaced her cocaine addiction with a Klonopin one. One is never cured from addiction, they just go into recovery. If a recovering addict relapses, even with a new substance, they basically pick right up where they left off.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, just because Betty Ford is for alcohol recovery doesn't mean that people with other substance abuse problems can't go there. The doctor who spoke may know that Stevie wasn't in there for treatment of alcoholism, but the way the summary of what she said is written up, that's not clear.

Michele
Yes .You are right.No homework done.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Its scary for me because my former psychiatrist kept trying to convince my mom to put me on Klonopin when I was 14, for depression. I knew about Stevie's addiction so I kept saying no to the doctor. But my mom was starting to become convinced that I should take it. And I think she actually did get a prescription filled for me but decided not to follow through with it.
Dang! To think I might've never reached my sweet 16 if we kept seeing that lady
Old 02-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[from an article on the danger of mixing drugs]

http://www.attn.com/stories/5604/wha...ody-and-brain#

“For us it was basically, you know, brandy, cigarettes, pot and coke," Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks said on 60 Minutes, "And that was just the wicked little circle, rat’s wheel I call it, that everybody was on, you know, you…you’d do some coke and you were nervous and then you’d smoke some pot to calm down, you were too stoned and you’d, you know, do some more coke to wake up and then you’d have a drink ‘cause you were too nervous and uh…it was just, you know, it was just a nightmare.”
Old 05-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A friend of mine friend was put on Klonopin for depression and the negative impact it had on her was heart-wrenching. It is a terrible drug that does no good.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
A friend of mine friend was put on Klonopin for depression and the negative impact it had on her was heart-wrenching. It is a terrible drug that does no good.
This is a COMPLETE LIE!!! I've been on klonopin for four years and it does wonders for my panic attacks/anxiety. First off Stevie was taking 8 times the recommended dose several times a day. If Stevie said she had horrible reaction to Tylenol some of you would be going on and on about how "terrible" Tylenol is. I take 1mg as needed (up to three times a day) for panic/anxiety attacks. Some days I only take one, some days I don't take any. If I feel an attack is starting it helps A LOT. Stevie has said she was taking up to 12 mg at a time. I'm surprised she could walk. The problem with Stevie and other celebrities is that they can find a doctor to give them ANYTHING they want. Look at Prince, he's doctors were (allegedly) giving him HUGE DOSES of Percocet (Oxycodone) that took his life. I've been a RN for 23 years and I have had lots of people on Klonopin (besides myself). Like many narcotics (and yes Klonopin is considered a narcotic) it is widely abused however. Klonopin helps many people like myself with severe anxiety. It is not recommended, per the manufacturers, to take more then 2mg at a time. Stevie WAS A ZOMBIE on such high doses. She had a terrible doctor that kept raising the dose. The fault lies between them and not the drug itself.

Last edited by ahafan02; 05-13-2016 at 01:59 PM..
Old 05-13-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
This is a COMPLETE LIE!!! I've been on klonopin for four years and it does wonders for my panic attacks/anxiety. First off Stevie was taking 8 times the recommended dose several times a day. If Stevie said she had horrible reaction to Tylenol some of you would be going on and on about how "terrible" Tylenol is. I take 1mg as needed (up to three times a day) for panic/anxiety attacks. Some days I only take one, some days I don't take any. If I feel an attack is starting it helps A LOT. Stevie has said she was taking up to 12 mg at a time. I'm surprised she could walk. The problem with Stevie and other celebrities is that they can find a doctor to give them ANYTHING they want. Look at Prince, he's doctors were (allegedly) giving him HUGE DOSES of Percocet (Oxycodone) that took his life. I've been a RN for 23 years and I have had lots of people on Klonopin (besides myself). Like many narcotics (and yes Klonopin is considered a narcotic) it is widely abused however. Klonopin helps many people like myself with severe anxiety. It is not recommended, per the manufacturers, to take more then 2mg at a time. Stevie WAS A ZOMBIE on such high doses. She had a terrible doctor that kept raising the dose. The fault lies between them and not the drug itself.
In Stevie's defense, she wasn't the doctor and the doctor should have been more responsible.
Sadly a lot of doctors relies only on prescription drugs without caring about all the other components in the patients' lives and when the meds don't work instead of changing the cure or wondering why they don't work they just raise the doses.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
There is no need for yelling...