User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
So rather interesting post today. Richard's assistant said Lindsey was a self-absorbed asshole on Twitter and someone asked him about it.
yes. from what i could gather this happened:

Stacy is a really nice girl, who deeply cares about Richard.

LB gave that 1 hr interview that everybody on social media seems to think is one of his most interesting in the recent years. many people here were posting how they were surprised with his humility and openness, something they didn't expect.

meanwhile, a SN/FM fan posted on Richard's fb a somewhat leading post telling him he should listen to this great new LB interview, that he's talking about the making of Tusk. the way it was written the post was, probably unintentionally, hinting at maybe mentioning LB/RD work together on Tusk. it must have gotten Richard's curiosity up, wanting to hear what LB might have to say about him. something to consider is that Richard also said that before this interview he hasn't listened to any LB interviews (or other macsters) for the last 20+ years.

of course, LB didn't say anything different about Tusk in that interview from what he's been saying in every interview as well as in every single 4-song Tusk set intro during 2013 tour. he didn't take any more or less credit for the direction of the Tusk album than what's been given to him over the years. so Richard must have been disappointed, seemingly cause LB didn't talk about actual making of Tusk and what they did together. Stacy felt bad for him and fired off a series of tweets ranting how LB is obviously a self-absorbed jerk. i asked her about it cause i thought maybe LB said or did something to them, privately. she told me it's the interview, and to just listen to it and how shi*ty it is.

meanwhile of course, some of the documented social-media LB-haters caught on and started egging Stacy on. i guess they must have not liked all the positive views about LB that Richard's blog has been posting? so they happily piled on how LB is an asshole and they always knew it. next they started telling Stacy she'll have an angry mob of short-sided LB fans coming after her. of course nothing can be further from the truth, and it's sad how human nature works.

Richard has been trying to diffuse the situation since, among other posting this "As far as Stacy goes, I will let her respond on her own as I do not speak for her & she has her own opinions. I will however say this in her defense. We had a very rough day yesterday dealing with some important matters to some of our wonderful followers. Stacy also has to read through the hundreds of responses we get every week & some are not exactly gems shall we say, & can be rough on the psyche. We get so many opinions here on the different band members, that it gets hard to separate your own feelings from others after a while. "

one last thought about the interview and his responses: LB is never normally interviewed by a fan, someone as knowledgeable about his work as this interviewer was. he's usually asked the most non-relevant questions that interviewers think will sell the articles, as we know. he's almost never asked relevant questions about his solo work, even when he's promoting it. LB grew enormously musically in the last decade and gave us a lot of new music, more than he ever did in relatively short amount of time. he was finally asked about his last 3 solo albums (the ones Richard self-admittedly barely knew existed and never listened to yet). it was refreshing. and yet people feel the need to be all righteous and demanding he should have been asked and talked about production (stuff that even dickdash blog almost never addresses, cause they know where their following is coming from!).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on elle, what the heck.

1. The man has always been a selfabsorbed pompous ass to certain extend.
2. The man has always been an artdriven, softspoken insecure visionary to certain extend
3. The man tells the same stories for decades now. I listened for the full hour and there were some fresh insights, but they could be edited in to a 7 minute segment.

4. I've had enough of these discussions that are going on for decades. Blerghhh.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just listened to this interview. I thought he came across pretty well actually. I like that he was quite self-deprecating and honest. In any interview a person can only ever answer the questions given to them. I don't really get where Richard/Stacey were coming from as the interview didn't really lend itself to mentioning Richard. Lindsey wasn't really talking about the album as a whole- more about his own approach to the album (and at the end of the day he was the driving force behind the direction it took, not Richard or Ken or the other band members).

I haven't kept up with Truth and Consequences. It sounds like Richard has gone backwards in his attempts to curry favour with Lindsey.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Just listened to this interview. I thought he came across pretty well actually. I like that he was quite self-deprecating and honest. In any interview a person can only ever answer the questions given to them. I don't really get where Richard/Stacey were coming from as the interview didn't really lend itself to mentioning Richard. Lindsey wasn't really talking about the album as a whole- more about his own approach to the album (and at the end of the day he was the driving force behind the direction it took, not Richard or Ken or the other band members).

I haven't kept up with Truth and Consequences. It sounds like Richard has gone backwards in his attempts to curry favour with Lindsey.
Exactly! Well put. Richard and Ken helped in creating the sound, but Lindsey was the one who put his neck out on the line (with WB and the band) to stay creatively relevant.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Come on elle, what the heck.

1. The man has always been a selfabsorbed pompous ass to certain extend.
2. The man has always been an artdriven, softspoken insecure visionary to certain extend
3. The man tells the same stories for decades now. I listened for the full hour and there were some fresh insights, but they could be edited in to a 7 minute segment.

4. I've had enough of these discussions that are going on for decades. Blerghhh.

i know right?
basically the only reason anyone is going ON about this interview and "praising" it/LB is coz it doesn't even sound like LB so it needs mentioning.

i'm not always up to date on RD's tumblr and haven't read any of Stacy's tweets but sounds like she didn't say anything not already well established as FACT in this fandom.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:23 PM

Sounded like a wonderful interview, to me.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
i know right?
basically the only reason anyone is going ON about this interview and "praising" it/LB is coz it doesn't even sound like LB so it needs mentioning.

Well, it IS an excellent interview. But I've tried to read every breath the man has taken in the neighbourhood of a journalist since 1977, so it's not fair to judge it as repetative. It's all in the eye of the beholder. (me in this case).

I enjoyed it, just because I love to listen to this man. And he sounds like in a very relaxed and funny, selfaware state of mind. With humour and wit.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

What I find most interesting is that I can't recall Lindsey mentioning Richard's name in any sort of press EVER. Lindsey just keeps to a very focused script when he's doing interviews. He generally only talks about the band itself, his musical influences, or his family when asked. And that's pretty much it. He's never gone into detail of the supporting characters.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
What I find most interesting is that I can't recall Lindsey mentioning Richard's name in any sort of press EVER. Lindsey just keeps to a very focused script when he's doing interviews. He generally only talks about the band itself, his musical influences, or his family when asked. And that's pretty much it. He's never gone into detail of the supporting characters.
I've heard him mention Richard in interviews and discuss things that Richard did, not in a praiseworthy way, but just in a conversational way.

I remember this one interview where he was talking about a game that Richard started where I think they were all supposed to think of lyrics, like you say a line and the next person gives the next line in the song and then you give the third line back and forth. I think Lindsey said that the game didn't really result in any good songs and was sort of stupid, but it did spark them creatively a bit and that Richard was always trying little experiments like that.

Michele
Old 10-20-2014, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After the posts earlier, I was just looking at when Jim Ladd asked Lindsey about Bwana and the reference to Mick and he said that he and Mick had had a "tiff" and the song was already recorded and it had nothing to do with Mick, but

Quote:
Richard Dashut who was helping me through the second phase of the album, said, "Why don't you go out and sing it sort of 50s style a little bit." And I went out. That started the singing a different way and really in a short period of time, a whole new melody evolved. At that point, the lyrics just sort of went with the new melody. Don't ask me how [laughter]. There's nothing really negative about Mick in there, it was just that it was on my mind at the time [more laughing].Mick and I are close enough to make reference to one another in songs without really having to worry about it.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

http://dickdash.tumblr.com/image/100652591369

Walking by my guitar room the other night, I noticed the “Crystal Skull Of Fortune And Supreme Knowledge”, glowing by itself.

"This usually means a prediction is channeling through,

So I picked it up & looked for a clue.

And low and behold, there it was,

A look ahead, creating a buzz.

Never a fact, just a hint,

Look very closely and perhaps a glint?

So now my Punters I bid adieu,

It’s off to bed, I’m tired, but I shall think of you!”

Very interesting.....

Last edited by Danigirl; 10-24-2014 at 12:46 AM..
Old 10-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
http://dickdash.tumblr.com/image/100652591369

Walking by my guitar room the other night, I noticed the “Crystal Skull Of Fortune And Supreme Knowledge”, glowing by itself.

"This usually means a prediction is channeling through,

So I picked it up & looked for a clue.

And low and behold, there it was,

A look ahead, creating a buzz.

Never a fact, just a hint,

Look very closely and perhaps a glint?

So now my Punters I bid adieu,

It’s off to bed, I’m tired, but I shall think of you!”

Very interesting.....
ha! I looked at the photo on his page when it went up but not til now did I notice the BN album reflected in the skull…..hhmmm……… "just a hint". Or just a tease?
Old 10-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ahemmm...about "self absorbed a--holes"...aren't they all??? (*0*)
Old 10-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie View Post
Ahemmm...about "self absorbed a--holes"...aren't they all??? (*0*)
To a certain "extend", yes.

well maybe not John
Old 10-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So Richard has been in contact with two members of the band through text messaging this past week. Who does everyone think it was? My guess is Mick & Christine. They seem to be the happiest at the moment, and the most sociable.