The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tied for fourth place were Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac) and Lionel Richie (The Commodores). These two potential reunions seem the most likely to occur. Although she left the band in 1998 (because of her desire to retire from touring), McVie did provide some backup vocals on their most recent album (2003's Say You Will). As for Richie, he last performed with The Commodores over 25 years ago. However, in June 2008 he said that a reunion tour would be coming soon; adding that, "We better do it now, or in the next 10 years nobody would care". Having said that, no formal announcement has been made at this time for a Lionel Richie/Commodores reunion.

Here are the final results:

Steve Perry- 51%
Peter Cetera- 17%
Other- 12%
Christine McVie and Lionel Richie- 9% each

http://popculturedish.blogspot.com/2...nion-poll.html
Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

to them," says Jude Johnstone.

Johnstone is a critically acclaimed, award-winning songwriter. Her songs have been covered by a stellar list of artists including Bonnie Raitt (Wounded Heart), Bette Midler (The Girl is Onto You), Stevie Nicks (Cry Wolf), Johnny Cash (Unchained), Trisha Yearwood (Hearts in Armor, The Women Before Me) and most recently Emmylou Harris (Hold On) from "All I Intended To Be."

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/8/prweb1168974.htm

I always thought Jude was a mans name.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here’s to those Ladies who are Hot, Sexy and over Fifty
EVLiving - USA
Remember Stevie Nicks at the Super Bowl, young and sexy and in her late 50’s? And, remember, Diane Keaton, in her sixties, believably courted by Keanu ...
Old 08-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Style.com

http://www.style.com/stylefile/category/qa/

If you were among the 137,500 lucky few who scored a ticket to last weekend’s Glastonbury festival, you may have done a double take by the Q Stage on Sunday afternoon. Whether it was the sweet, sweet sound of an electro-pop revival that stopped you in your tracks or that the synth-driven charge was being led by a blonde, bangs-sporting Stevie Nicks lookalike (the hard-rocking seventies Stevie, not her latter-day, Wicca high-priestess incarnation), it’s likely that you momentarily took pause to revel in the musical stylings of Pip Brown, a.k.a. Ladyhawke—and even more likely that you stayed through her whole set. “She’s one of my heroes,” the New Zealand native says of the comparisons she’s been getting to the Fleetwood Mac front woman. “I’m flattered, but it’s embarrassing when I read that stuff because there’s no way I’ll ever be as good a singer—or as crazy a party animal as her!”
Old 08-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood - Drums
John MacVie - Bass
Christine MacVie - Keybords / Vocals
Stevie Nicks - Vocals
Rick Vito - Guitar
Billy Brunette - Guitar / Vocals
Asante - Purcussion

quite possible
Stevie Nicks backing vocalists from her solo tours. 3 chicks Lori Cellani and 2 others I cant name
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This must be a new band we should check out. It has John and Chris MacVie and Lori Celani in it!!!

http://dexondaz.blogspot.com/2008/08...tadium-de.html
Old 08-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of that, I wonder if Lori will go on the next FM tour. Won't her daughter be in college by then? I bet she won't tour with them and I doubt it has to do with Jess.

Michele
Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.afterellen.com/blog/ginav...comment=579618

longer article about various breakups (Alanis Morissette’s, No Doubts, Timberlake/Spear, Carly Simon &??? etc), but here's the discussion about Fleetwood Mac:

I bet you know this song is about you
by Gina Vivinetto

Go back a few decades to 1977 and try not to wince when you hear Fleetwood Mac’s angry “Go Your Own Way.” Isn’t it even better knowing Lindsay Buckingham’s bitterness is about band mate Stevie Nicks? Don’t worry Stevie retaliated with the seething “Silver Spring,” a song that has her vowing: "I’ll follow you down/To the sound/Of my voice/Will haunt you."

In 1977, the songs were released together on a 45-record. You could flip them back and forth to hear both sides of the break-up. Fun!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

MICK OR SUGAR RAY?

[I would vote for Mick, but only because I don't like sports. All the other people seem to be athletes].

The Herald News http://www.heraldnews.com/education/...-at-fundraiser

Fall River — Bill Russell, Andy Rooney, F. Lee Bailey and others have spoken at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s Center for Marketing Research Celebrity Scholarship Dinner. Now, the center is giving the public the chance to choose a celebrity for next year.

The options right now are a mix of local and national athletes and a musician. Red Sox David Ortiz and Curt Schilling are on the list, as is Patriots receiver Troy Brown, Celtics coach Doc Rivers, and baseball legends Hank Aaron and Willie Mays.

Former Bruin Ray Bourque, former boxer Sugar Ray Leonard and Mick Fleetwood, the Fleetwood Mac drummer, are also options.
With less than 200 votes cast by Monday, Schilling led all celebrities, with 22 percent of votes. Aaron, the all-time home run leader until Barry Bonds broke his record, is second with 19 percent. Rivers has taken 17 percent, and Mays 11 percent.

But Aaron and Mays will soon drop out when a new poll goes up next week, said Center for Marketing Research Director Nora Ganim Barnes, because they won’t be available next spring. Schilling is still in the running.

The center takes suggestions for celebrities and Barnes uses her agent to reach out to celebrity agents. Some, like Russell, work only through their agents. Others, like Bailey, want to arrange details themselves, Barnes said.
“Every year is a real adventure,” she said, adding that the booking process often takes about six months. It’s difficult to get current athletes to work around their season schedule, and others are simply too costly.

The online poll has been up for about a month and still stay until a celebrity is booked, Barnes said. The center holds the celebrity dinner each spring but the exact date often depends on the celebrity’s schedule.

Russell, the former Celtic now a director of the National Mentoring Partnership, spoke at this year’s event in March. Proceeds from the event were used to fund 24 $500 and $1,000 scholarships for marketing students. Next spring’s event will be the ninth annual for the Center for Marketing Research. Other celebrities featured have included Alan Bean, Henry Lee and Bill Walton.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Blog Considers the Test of a True Fan

http://blueschild.blogspot.com/2008/...cyon-days.html

My theory has always been that if you were able to stick with your band through the 80s, then you can call yourself a dedicated fan. A true fan. A diehard. Fleetwood Mac produced some crazy **** in the 80s. There simply is no excuse for Family Man, but I let it slide because for every Family Man, there were at least two or three Gold Dust Womans around the corner. But had I known about Robert Plant impersonating Fabio in Sea of Love, in a muscle shirt and a pair of Jams no less, I might have had to cherish the times I had with them and cut off contact.

I prefer my rock to be sweaty, shirtless, heart-stopping and above all, way cool.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Style.com

http://www.style.com/stylefile/category/qa/

If you were among the 137,500 lucky few who scored a ticket to last weekend’s Glastonbury festival, you may have done a double take by the Q Stage on Sunday afternoon. Whether it was the sweet, sweet sound of an electro-pop revival that stopped you in your tracks or that the synth-driven charge was being led by a blonde, bangs-sporting Stevie Nicks lookalike (the hard-rocking seventies Stevie, not her latter-day, Wicca high-priestess incarnation), it’s likely that you momentarily took pause to revel in the musical stylings of Pip Brown, a.k.a. Ladyhawke—and even more likely that you stayed through her whole set. “She’s one of my heroes,” the New Zealand native says of the comparisons she’s been getting to the Fleetwood Mac front woman. “I’m flattered, but it’s embarrassing when I read that stuff because there’s no way I’ll ever be as good a singer—or as crazy a party animal as her!”
I <3 Ladyhawke http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...1-6070957ac6f4 She's a big fan of Stevie. Her shag haircut is an homage. She doesn't really sound like Stevie to me though. But her influence is apparent. She kind of looks like the love child of Stevie and Rod Stewart.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Found these...

on this site that also mentions Fleetwood Mac sparsely.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a restaurant named Rumours. No kidding. Anyone here live near Glascow?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle4596281.ece

Restaurant review: Allan Brown at Rumours

Glasgow's new Malaysian eatery serves up a beguiling mix of unusual offerings

Life is infinitely strange and crammed with tantalising mysteries. If Jerry Hall had married Bryan Ferry, for instance, would she have traded under the name Jerry Ferry? Is it reasonable to assume that time travel will never exist because nobody has as yet come back from the future to tell us if Lenny Henry will ever say or do anything that’s in the least bit amusing? Most pertinently, why has a new Malaysian restaurant in Glasgow named itself after a Fleetwood Mac album?

Rumours off West Nile Street is the restaurant in question. There is, admittedly, some precedent in the city for eateries to name themselves after long-players released by the fractious Californian soft-rock combo who were at their height in the mid-1970s: Stefan King has a place on the south side named Tusk. Nobody, however, has so far staked a claim, as far as I know, to Tango in the Night, or indeed to Pious Bird of Good Omen.

It hardly helps that none of Fleetwood Mac’s album titles are particularly memorable (Kiln House anyone? Penguin?). Which only makes the mystery all the deeper. By contrast Fleetwood Mac contemporaries Little Feat possessed a far catchier hamper of food-related album titles: Dixie Chicken, for example, or Let It Roll; Blondie had Eat to the Beat, Talking Heads had More Songs About Buildings and Food; even Frank Zappa had the albums Thing-Fish and Lumpy Gravy, though for obvious reasons the latter is self-excluding, unless it was being used for a transport cafe.

So we are at even more of a loss to explain the connection between Malaysian cuisine, which is essentially Chinese food in a better mood, and Fleetwood Mac’s multi-platinum-selling account of marital infidelity among the cheesecloth-wearers of Laurel Canyon. Normally Malaysian restaurants tend to have the terms sun and moon and palace and satay in their names. Whenever rumours attach themselves to restaurants of south-eastern Asian origin, they’re usually malicious, unfounded, and posited on the speculation that the kong pao beef used to wear a collar, bite postmen and go by the name of Rex.

In the absence of enlightenment we mused that perhaps Rumours had adopted a Fleetwood Mac theme, with the staff in long, flowery chiffon skirts á la Stevie Nicks and the waiters in voluminous flared denims and Zapata moustaches. Perhaps they took days off because they occasionally found catering to be “like, one big plastic hassle, dig?” Maybe the staff degenerated frequently into acrimonious fisticuffs and split apart to found solo restaurants? Ill-focused solo concept restaurants that nobody liked as much as the old restaurant?

As it turned out, this wasn’t wholly fanciful; like Rumours, the album, which concerned itself with romance as seen from both the male and female perspectives, Rumours the restaurant observes gender demarcation. The waiting staff are exclusively female, while the chefs, glimpsed occasionally through a hatch in the back wall, are male. Located in what was patently once an old solicitor’s or notary office on the ground floor of a block of still-operating businesses, it’s like an unusually elaborate canteen crossed with an Asian travel agents.

Its concessions to occidental sensibilities are infrequent; this is slam-dunking street food in the main, dominated by the ever-present Malaysian top notes of sugar and chilli, heat and more heat. The soft-shell crabs speak for themselves but the real journey with this kind of establishment is linguistic rather than culinary. In translation the nouns and verbs don’t snap to attention as they ought to, leaving the diner to solve such conundrums as what coffee-style spare rib might be, or what is contained within the Malaysian-style curry fish head boat, or what a salad puff stick is. Starters average £3.50, mains £8.00 and the portions are sizeable.

It’s mostly good stuff, seasoned with the tang of the unfamiliar, even if some of the dishes, such as the kung pao king prawn or the salt and chilli king prawn, resemble chewy protein in hot, sticky, spicy creosote. Unlike in the typical Chinese restaurant, though, the food is studded with parsley, coriander, garlic and chilli. The roti canai, a flatbread that’s like a poppadom mated with marshmallow, is worth a visit alone, as is the oddity that is a stick of sugarcane encased in prawn meat. Basic but often beguiling, Rumours takes the diner down a curious set of culinary alleyways, part garden-variety oriental, part hallucinatory Penang day-trip. As Fleetwood Mac once so memorably sang, you can go your own way. Order wisely and you could relish the journey.

Rumours, 21 Bath Street, Glasgow, 0141 353 0678, dinner for two with wine £50
Old 08-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
As it turned out, this wasn’t wholly fanciful; like Rumours, the album, which concerned itself with romance as seen from both the male and female perspectives, Rumours the restaurant observes gender demarcation.
It's interesting to think of a FM-themed restaurant.

Of course, FM did not practice gender demarcation. Christine and the guys were all musicians.

Michele
Old 08-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dennis begins dating Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie, who uses him as a muse for the 1982 single, “Wish You Were Here.”

And concerning his brother Brian:

Brian divorces Marilyn; he moves to Riviera Country Club on Sunset Boulevard and spends some days lying on the sofa flicking cigarette butts and burning holes into the hardwood floors. To help fight his demons, he eats steaks for every meal and follows them with cakes, bags of cookies and vats of ice cream. At Stan’s request, Brian visits a psychiatrist, who like his father Murry, lights up a pipe, which sends Wilson into a violent rage, jumping at his shrink. Brian is admitted to the hospital again for a brief time, but returns home. One day he wanders off with no keys, wallet or ID, and ends up in San Diego playing the piano in exchange for booze at a gay bar. That results in an extended stay at a mental institution.

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/multi...2=9&fid1=33233
Old 08-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
. . . [B]One day he wanders off with no keys, wallet or ID, and ends up in San Diego playing the piano in exchange for booze at a gay bar . . . .
what's wrong with that

save the cheerleader - save the world