Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
It's a really beautiful song, though that's possibly become my favourite off the EP.
It's definitely my favorite as well, by a long shot. Sad Angel & Miss Fantasy are fine, but a little too pop for my tastes. Without You should have been left in the vault; it's from another era & deserved the right to remain there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Aren't Songbird and Beautiful Child piano balladsto name just a couple that spring to mind.
Songbird is without a doubt a piano ballad. But the production of the song just puts it into a class all of it's own where it transcends that label, IMO. The way Songbird was recorded during 1 live take and the distant/echoey auditorium sound kinda makes the song it's own animal, in my eyes. Like Mick said, Songbird is Christine's little prayer.

Beautiful Child does have some promiment piano licks, but I wouldn't really consider it a piano ballad. It's more multideminsional than that- it has gorgeous guitar parts & lush folk-style harmonies as well.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It's definitely my favorite as well, by a long shot. Sad Angel & Miss Fantasy are fine, but a little too pop for my tastes. Without You should have been left in the vault; it's from another era & deserved the right to remain there.

Songbird is without a doubt a piano ballad. But the production of the song just puts it into a class all of it's own where it transcends that label, IMO. The way Songbird was recorded during 1 live take and the distant/echoey auditorium sound kinda makes the song it's own animal, in my eyes. Like Mick said, Songbird is Christine's little prayer.

Beautiful Child does have some promiment piano licks, but I wouldn't really consider it a piano ballad. It's more multideminsional than that- it has gorgeous guitar parts & lush folk-style harmonies as well.
What about Wish You Were Here? It reminds me a little bit of that.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite too, because it's a surprise. Yes we had Fleetwood Mac piano ballads, but did we ever have Lindsey piano ballads? I don't think so. I want people to see that he's more than a finger-picking guitar god.
I would have loved to hear a beautiful long outro, i was even expecting it when the drums slowly kicked in, but never happened. It could have been completely epic.
The piano track is so simple. I'm sure he is the one who plays it.

I want him to play it live "Songbird" style.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
My favorite too, because it's a surprise. Yes we had Fleetwood Mac piano ballads, but did we ever have Lindsey piano ballads? I don't think so. I want people to see that he's more than a finger-picking guitar god
I may be in the minority here, but I think if Lindsey is going to do 'Lindsey piano ballads' on which noone else appears then they are probably more suited to his solo projects.

I totally get that the band has evolved post-The Dance, but this track is just basically a Lindsey solo track which sits totally apart from its three companion tracks. I'm sure that delights all the Lindsey solo fans, but as a fan of Fleetwood Mac proper it feels odd to me.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I think if Lindsey is going to do 'Lindsey piano ballads' on which noone else appears then they are probably more suited to his solo projects.

I totally get that the band has evolved post-The Dance, but this track is just basically a Lindsey solo track which sits totally apart from its three companion tracks. I'm sure that delights all the Lindsey solo fans, but as a fan of Fleetwood Mac proper it feels odd to me.
I'm not a Lindsey fan. But i've always (since Tusk) classified Lindsey Fleetwood Mac songs as just Lindsey songs because he's doing everything on these tracks.
So to hear Stevie sing backing vocals on Sad Angel isn't going to change anything, it will always be a Lindsey song to me.
It takes time didn't need backing vocals or drums because it's pretty this way, just as Sad angel sounds damn good with the whole band.
Should they only choose songs that sound good when played with the whole band? I don't think so, it would reduce their range, and currently Lindsey is the only one who is bringing something to the table.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
I'm not a Lindsey fan. But i've always (since Tusk) classified Lindsey Fleetwood Mac songs as just Lindsey songs because he's doing everything on these tracks.
Me too. That's why I thought the arguments that he should do a solo song if Stevie does Stand Back were silly. All of Lindsey's songs are solo songs. I see him as being a member of FM mainly through his work on other people's songs. End of Gypsy? That's Lindsey in Fleetwood Mac. That's All for Everyone? That's Lindsey on Mars.

Michele
Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
. That's All for Everyone? That's Lindsey on Mars.

Michele
I wish he went back there.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
All of Lindsey's songs are solo songs. I see him as being a member of FM mainly through his work on other people's songs.
^ this........
Old 05-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
haha Without You is my 2nd favourite...