User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Curious to see the omission of the Buckingham Nicks album in the official discography. Why?
And if you notice there is no preview of any of the songs on the FM albums nor are there any links for purchase of FM songs.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Registered

Just to let you know my name on that forum is "Fleetwood Mac Fans" somebody is impersonating me in the "How Exciting" thread by making their screen name "welcomechris" and their location is "my house" (which is what I put)

So my name there is Fleetwood Mac Fans not welcomechris
Old 12-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was under the impression that the "The Divine Stevie Nicks" CD was either a knock off or just a foreign release. It's such an odd combination of songs from Wild Heart and The Other Side of the Mirror. What purpose was this compilation designed to serve? I''m surprised to see it included in the discography on this new website.

I'm investing very little attention to the Stevie Nicks Official website for the time being. I feel no need to join the forum. The Ledge will always be my established forum.
But I will watch if and how this site will develop. The cynical side of me thinks this is just a corporate site that will become stale and sparsely maintained over time.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-01-2014 at 12:46 AM..
Old 12-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was under the impression that the "The Divine Stevie Nicks" CD was either a knock off or just a foreign release. It's such an odd combination of songs from Wild Heart and The Other Side of the Mirror. What purpose was this compilation designed to serve? I''m surprised to see it included in the discography on this new website.
It's an official EMI release. Those two albums did relatively well in Europe, so like all compilations and best-ofs, it was an easy way for the label to make some quick cash. There was no remastering done, but the volume level of the recordings is noticeably higher.

I think it's worthy of inclusion in the miscellaneous/compilation section.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Prediction

I have a prediction for you guys -

All of you - - all of you - - are going to come to *hate* the new website once Nicksfix totally folds and you see it for what it really is. In my opinion, only then, will some people come to appreciate what Kinney really did. And just how much effort he put in over the almost 20 years that he ran her website for us.

Please ask yourselves a question - Do you really think this website is going to have an "Ask Stevie" section, or a chat room, or a way to send Stevie a Birthday Greeting or say "Merry Christmas?"

There's going to be one and only one purpose of the new website, imo:

"CLICK HERE TO BUY MORE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"End of an era," imo. I think John deserves a HUGE Thank You from us, and a GREAT deal of credit for what he did, over such a long period of time.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thats good.I noticed Nicksfix has been updated too.I hope they merge the info on NF over to the new site if NF shuts down.

Just a thought - Why WOULD they?

That's not related to buying Stevie albums.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been saving NF to the Wayback machine for good memories if it gets shut down altogether.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 12-02-2014 at 12:05 AM..
Old 12-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I have a prediction for you guys -

All of you - - all of you - - are going to come to *hate* the new website once Nicksfix totally folds and you see it for what it really is. In my opinion, only then, will some people come to appreciate what Kinney really did. And just how much effort he put in over the almost 20 years that he ran her website for us.

Please ask yourselves a question - Do you really think this website is going to have an "Ask Stevie" section, or a chat room, or a way to send Stevie a Birthday Greeting or say "Merry Christmas?"

There's going to be one and only one purpose of the new website, imo:

"CLICK HERE TO BUY MORE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I wish they would realize that if you keep people connected to you, they WILL buy more stuff. I think more stars are realizing that with Twitter. Remain engaged with your audience when you don't have a product out and then when you DO have one out, it will be much easier to get them to watch, buy, read, etc. Make it feel like a relationship.

Sometimes I'll read a celebrity's twitter and it really turns me off when they are posting furiously when they have something to promote, but there's complete silence when they don't. I want to say, "Leave and stay gone. Don't come back when you have something else to sell." Promotion is an ongoing process in this day and age. You sustain the communication all along.

Michele
Old 12-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Just a thought - Why WOULD they?

That's not related to buying Stevie albums.
Yea I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wish they would realize that if you keep people connected to you, they WILL buy more stuff. I think more stars are realizing that with Twitter. Remain engaged with your audience when you don't have a product out and then when you DO have one out, it will be much easier to get them to watch, buy, read, etc. Make it feel like a relationship.

Sometimes I'll read a celebrity's twitter and it really turns me off when they are posting furiously when they have something to promote, but there's complete silence when they don't. I want to say, "Leave and stay gone. Don't come back when you have something else to sell." Promotion is an ongoing process in this day and age. You sustain the communication all along.

Michele
As I was watching the Macys Thanksgiving parade .most of the parade was a Macys advertisement.

I could picture Stevie bellowing out at the current FM concerts"Please go out and buy my new album 24K". It would be not fair with the rest of the band.but if Mick mentions it which It would be better coming out of his mouth.probably at the right time when he introduce her during the intros.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Official sites constructed by corporations have no heart. They ultimately serve solely a commercial purpose. Why should that be a surprise? Sites designed by fans have a soul, with a very different, more expansive utilitarian agenda.

Like this site, Nicks Fix provided a depth of comprehensive/dynamic content that an official site will never have. On a rare occasion a fan site is so well planned and designed, a savvy band/artist might adopt it as its official site. It's too bad that didn't happen with Nicks Fix.

Someone like Stevie (or members of Fleetwood Mac) is far removed from any mindful investment in social media as a marketing tool and as means to forge a closer internet relationship with their fans. It's just not in their wheelhouse to be deeply involved in matters such as these.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-15-2014 at 04:13 AM..
Old 12-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Fleetwood Mac video for Don't Stop is from a live performance from 1977 overdubbed with the album track and I have a much better copy of the live Dreams video they have posted from the Rumours tour.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Official sites constructed by corporations have no heart. They ultimately serve solely a commercial purpose. Why should that be a surprise? Sites designed by fans have a soul, with a very different, more expansive utilitarian agenda.

Like this site, Nicks Fix provided a depth of comprehensive/dynamic content that an official site will never have. On a rare occasion a fan site is so well planned and designed, a savvy band/artist might adopt it as its official site. It's too bad that didn't happen with Nicks Fix.

Someone like Stevie (or members of Fleetwood Mac) is far removed from any mindful investment in social media as a marketing tool and as means to forge a closer internet relationship with their fans. It's just not in their wheelhouse to be deeply involved in matters such as these.

I agree.Its like management at any company and they have no clue what the product or service is and acting like hotshots since they have a MBA in business management.
I was never a fan of take overs of anything .Most of the time they suck.

I'm afraid that most of John's hard work will end up getting deleted if any gets moved onto the new site.Thank goodness for the Wayback Machine.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
The Fleetwood Mac video for Don't Stop is from a live performance from 1977 overdubbed with the album track and I have a much better copy of the live Dreams video they have posted from the Rumours tour.
I wonder where they got that copy.