The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if the Iheart DJ gig helped her numbers.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a quick update on Stevie on the charts:

'24 Karat Gold' drops to #153 on the UK albums chart from #97 last week which is to be expected really.

The album does however drop quite unexpectedly on the Billboard 200, falling a whopping 53 places from #53 last week to #106 this week. I knew it was inevitable that the album would drop but I certainly didn't think it would be out of the top 100 after only 3 weeks.

The album sold 3,902 copies to achieve that position and its total US sales now stand at 53,094.

The album has however received quite a lot of attention in the week since those numbers were counted as Stevie's appearance on the 'Today Show' and 'Jimmy Fallon' created a lot more interest in the album. It did reach as high as #70 on the iTunes main album chart on Wednesday from where it was previously nowhere, so expect the album to jump quite a bit on the Bilboard 200 in the week to come.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the numbers. I estimate at least 70k worldwide by now. The album will crack the 100K mark at some point I bet.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
God, she has a bunch of really good singles on thus album and none of them are getting played. This album shouldn't go down like this. It's easily her best work in 30 years.
I agree with you that there a lot of really great songs on this album. Just because a record loses steam and isn't selling anymore doesn't mean it will "go down". Consider "Landslide", which is one of FM's most well known tracks, not to mention one of its' most beloved. Was never relaesed as a asingle or even played that much on the radio. It took years for it to garner the acclaim it did. There's always hope for a song, a really good song, to reach it's potential audience.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Just a quick update on Stevie on the charts:

'24 Karat Gold' drops to #153 on the UK albums chart from #97 last week which is to be expected really.

The album does however drop quite unexpectedly on the Billboard 200, falling a whopping 53 places from #53 last week to #106 this week. I knew it was inevitable that the album would drop but I certainly didn't think it would be out of the top 100 after only 3 weeks.

The album sold 3,902 copies to achieve that position and its total US sales now stand at 53,094.

The album has however received quite a lot of attention in the week since those numbers were counted as Stevie's appearance on the 'Today Show' and 'Jimmy Fallon' created a lot more interest in the album. It did reach as high as #70 on the iTunes main album chart on Wednesday from where it was previously nowhere, so expect the album to jump quite a bit on the Bilboard 200 in the week to come.
The only way it's going to sale is if she promotes it. I think it is getting really good word of mouth though.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I agree with you that there a lot of really great songs on this album. Just because a record loses steam and isn't selling anymore doesn't mean it will "go down". Consider "Landslide", which is one of FM's most well known tracks, not to mention one of its' most beloved. Was never relaesed as a asingle or even played that much on the radio. It took years for it to garner the acclaim it did. There's always hope for a song, a really good song, to reach it's potential audience.
Anything is possible but remember Landslide was on an album that sold 5,000,000 copies.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Funny...just read an article that Taylor Swift's "1989" just hit the million sales mark, the first album of the year to do that, and the year ends next month. Yikes.
Oh how things have changed.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have access to sales or chart numbers yet, but I predict that 24 Karat Gold will rise slightly on the Billboard 200 this week as sales were boosted from the Today Show and Jimmy Fallon.

Looking on Hits Daily Double's final figures, it isn't in their top 50 but I wasn't expecting such a leap anyway.

I think around #70 or so would be ok. This album will only be on the charts another 2/3 weeks and unfortunately I think that'll be it. It's a shame because I think it's a fantastic album that isn't getting the attention or sales it deserves.

Bette Midler's new album looks set to debut within the top 5 this week on sales around that of Stevie's first week and Annie Lennox's album is marginally outselling 24 Karat Gold but by literally a couple of thousand or so. From what I've heard though, she's done a lot of promotion in the US whereas Stevie only did two significant appearances.

Also, I don't live in the US so I don't know if this is accurate, but are sales going up already because of Christmas? I didn't think it would be happening at the start of November.

With any luck, Stevie's album will get a nice chunk of Christmas sales. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though!
Old 11-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I don't have access to sales or chart numbers yet, but I predict that 24 Karat Gold will rise slightly on the Billboard 200 this week as sales were boosted from the Today Show and Jimmy Fallon.

Looking on Hits Daily Double's final figures, it isn't in their top 50 but I wasn't expecting such a leap anyway.

I think around #70 or so would be ok. This album will only be on the charts another 2/3 weeks and unfortunately I think that'll be it. It's a shame because I think it's a fantastic album that isn't getting the attention or sales it deserves.

Bette Midler's new album looks set to debut within the top 5 this week on sales around that of Stevie's first week and Annie Lennox's album is marginally outselling 24 Karat Gold but by literally a couple of thousand or so. From what I've heard though, she's done a lot of promotion in the US whereas Stevie only did two significant appearances.

Also, I don't live in the US so I don't know if this is accurate, but are sales going up already because of Christmas? I didn't think it would be happening at the start of November.

With any luck, Stevie's album will get a nice chunk of Christmas sales. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though!
I love Annie Lennox and I was going to buy her album until I previewed them on iTunes. I don't like her versions of the songs at all. She did not do a good job with that album.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

24 Karat Gold is at #83 this week so nice to see it up a decent amount from last week.
http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200?page=4
Old 11-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Most likely due to her appearances on the Today Show, Tonight Show and other promo stuff she did last week from her quick "time off" from the band.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was going to post this but I'm waiting for sales figures. Sales are up this week likely due to Christmas coming up soon so I suspect the album sold around 5,000 copies, maybe more. I'll post when I get them.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I love Annie Lennox and I was going to buy her album until I previewed them on iTunes. I don't like her versions of the songs at all. She did not do a good job with that album.
I admire Annie Lennox, but I've never given her much attention. I watched Dan Rather's show The Big Interview that featured Annie. She's very interesting; intelligent. and likable. She just one of those artists I respect, but have little interest in buying her music.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I admire Annie Lennox, but I've never given her much attention. I watched Dan Rather's show The Big Interview that featured Annie. She's very interesting; intelligent. and likable. She just one of those artists I respect, but have little interest in buying her music.
Well said. Ditto!
Ricoh V.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've finally got my hands on some SoundScan figures and 24 Karat Gold ~ Songs from the Vault lands at #83 this week on the Billboard 200 with sales of 5,187. This is a 33% increase in sales from last week and is due to the promotion it received last week.

The albums total US sales now stand at 58,281.

I suspect the album has sold another 20k or so worldwide with nearly 10k coming from the UK.

I'll let you know the exact sales next week if I get hold of the SoundScan figures. I suspect the album will take a beating on Thursdays chart and will probably be around #150 or so.

Well at least the album saw another week within the top 100!