User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post

Wishful thinking here, it would of be great if F/M allowed Stevie to somehow market the album while on tour with them, via the merch store for example unfortunately the big machine organization is just too political for that to happen.. Ducking for cover
When Mick's Something Big was out, I don't think it was sold at the FM concert, but a free copy came in the gift bag if you got the VIP ticket package. I'm sure she could have done something like that, but not many people buy the VIP package.

Michele
Old 11-28-2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So far I have not seen 24k at Walmart.Their CD collection is a big mess in the meantime.I know they got truck loads of Taylor Swift there for all the kitty's to buy .
Target should have it since they are advertising it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
When Mick's Something Big was out, I don't think it was sold at the FM concert, but a free copy came in the gift bag if you got the VIP ticket package. I'm sure she could have done something like that, but not many people buy the VIP package.

Michele

Im pretty sure Stevie also mentioned during one of her solo tours, to go out and buy Micks new book.. so must of been the same book you mentioned

Anyway i feel Stevie's new cd is just too good to go unnoticed.. It deserves more sales, and a tour to back it up
Old 11-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too bad during the pre-show music playing at Mac concerts they don't run commercials for Stevie and Lindsey's latest albums on their big video screens. Imagine doing that and offering the cds for sale in the lobby....especially if the ads played song selections from the albums.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Im pretty sure Stevie also mentioned during one of her solo tours, to go out and buy Micks new book.. so must of been the same book you mentioned

Anyway i feel Stevie's new cd is just too good to go unnoticed.. It deserves more sales, and a tour to back it up
Yeah one of the best albums of her career and no way to promote it.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Too bad during the pre-show music playing at Mac concerts they don't run commercials for Stevie and Lindsey's latest albums on their big video screens. Imagine doing that and offering the cds for sale in the lobby....especially if the ads played song selections from the albums.
I LIKE THIS IDEA!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After Stevie finish with the FM commitments .If Stevie solo tours in 2016.24K probably come to a trickle in sales.Maybe she will drop 24K part two by then.Why bother promoting a 2 year old album.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
That would a great Idea.

As I mention in the Stevie's new website "StevieNicksOfficial" thread .

Quote Macfanforever.

I could picture Stevie bellowing out at the current FM concerts"Please go out and buy my new album 24K". It would be not fair with the rest of the band.but if Mick mentions it which It would be better coming out of his mouth.probably at the right time when he introduce her during the intros.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The album has re-entered the Top Current Albums chart at #157 after disappearing from it completely last week. It probably sold around 2,000 copies or maybe more seeing as it's the Christmas period.

I'm just dying for this album to stay around but I'm afraid it's already died. Never mind!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The album has moved up slightly this week on the Top Current Albums chart to #151 from #157 last week. The album has also moved up to #31 on the Top Rock Albums chart from #34 last week.

It's nice to see that the album is getting a slight bump in sales over the Christmas period. I would expect the albums US sales to be around 70k now.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can add another sale to her because I just picked up vinyl from FYE store today.

Now 2 copies of the vinyl under my belt.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
The album has moved up slightly this week on the Top Current Albums chart to #151 from #157 last week. The album has also moved up to #31 on the Top Rock Albums chart from #34 last week.

It's nice to see that the album is getting a slight bump in sales over the Christmas period. I would expect the albums US sales to be around 70k now.
I love these updates from you, James. My reckoning now is that the album worldwide is likely near the 90K mark. I would love to see actual figures.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if any total sales to date for 24KG are available? Did it ever break the 100K barrier?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I wonder if any total sales to date for 24KG are available? Did it ever break the 100K barrier?
I would think the album has probably sold around 85k in the US by now. I think although the album fell off the charts fairly quickly, it still sells respectably afterwards.

I would say after 5 months of the last guess, 24KG has sold around 85k in the US and around 120k worldwide. Still far off IYD both in the US and worldwide. The fact that IYD has sold around 210,000 copies in the US alone is quite impressive to me. If only Stevie thought the same!
Old 05-19-2015, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
The fact that IYD has sold around 210,000 copies in the US alone is quite impressive to me. If only Stevie thought the same!
But I believe Stevie DID think the same! A lot of her quotes on this point have been taken out of context. She's very proud of how IYD sold, and has spoken a lot about how she worked hard for every sale. Her frustration has centered more generally on the present nature of the music industry, piracy, the lack of real promotion from labels, and how records generally don't sell like they used to. Sure, she's expressed frustration that IYD didn't sell better, but also has acknowledged that the sales reflect a larger trend in the industry.