Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Ledgie

Default Chris and the band together in London soon

Dublin's Sunday Independent had a piece on FM on Oct 27th which included this statement by Mick:
"Christine hates flying, which is something of a impediment when it comes to a world tour. We are still all close to Christine and looking forward to catching up with her in London," he says.
I hope it happens and leads to something musical.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by profjohn View Post
Dublin's Sunday Independent had a piece on FM on Oct 27th which included this statement by Mick:
"Christine hates flying, which is something of a impediment when it comes to a world tour. We are still all close to Christine and looking forward to catching up with her in London," he says.
I hope it happens and leads to something musical.
I'm sure she'll catch up with them in London but I wont hold my breath about anything more.

Gail
Old 10-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When she was promoting ITM, I loved the way she kept saying Dan would come over and she'd make him some pasta. Just the idea of popping round at Christine's house and she's talking to you and you sit at a counter, while she whips up a pasta dish in a few minutes. It's amazing to think about.

For the SYW tour, they talked about planning to have dinner at her place. This time, maybe they'll just meet at the venue. Have drinks (non-alcoholic for those so inclined) later.

Michele
Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's sweet that Mick is thinking about her and wants to see her while they're in London. But I have no illusions that there will be any music involved.

I hope he will at least comment on their visit after he sees her. I'd like to at least hear how she's doing. How did her garden do this year? Have the dogs had puppies? That sort of thing ...
Old 10-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Ledgie

And maybe there might even be a photo or two?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they'll ask her to participate in the 2010 studio album. Fleetwood Mac's final bow. No silly requirements to tour or what-not, especially now that Stevie & Lindsey have been doing Say You Love Me.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Maybe they'll ask her to participate in the 2010 studio album. Fleetwood Mac's final bow. No silly requirements to tour or what-not, especially now that Stevie & Lindsey have been doing Say You Love Me.
This is what SHOULD happen if the band does one final album. She should be a full participant in the proceedings, too, contribute songs, sing, be "the guiding hand" that Stevie so aptly called her.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this won't happen.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=aleuzzi;850419]This is what SHOULD happen if the band does one final album. She should be a full participant in the proceedings, too, contribute songs, sing, be "the guiding hand" that Stevie so aptly called her.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this won't happen.[/QUOTE]

It probably can't because Chris won't leave England and Lindsey has a family to raise in California.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:43 AM

I kind of get the feeling she doesn't want anything to do with FM regardless if it's touring or making an album. Visiting and dinner yes... working no...
Old 10-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think they do have to talk to her about the Rumours CD/DVD thing that might (or might not be) coming out. I mean, they don't have to talk, and it's nothing that can't be negotiated long distance, but she and her people have to sign off on it, which is probably why Lindsey recently referred to the managers as the "gang of five."

Michele
Old 10-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I kind of get the feeling she doesn't want anything to do with FM regardless if it's touring or making an album. Visiting and dinner yes... working no...
Now, see by contrast, I don't think she minds working with them and I think she probably would have done so with SYW. I think except for her wanting to leave, The Dance seemed to proceed nicely. Although by the time we got to the RRHOF, maybe they had all had a little tiff.

I don't think the stuff we think of as craziness really bothers her that much. Drugs and drink and travel, yes I think she thinks that's crazy at the stage her life is in now. Personality wise, I think the "drama" we've been discussing is pretty low key and inconsequential to her, compared to what it was like in the old days. I just don't see her being fazed in the least by it.

David, I think SYLM comes off nicely except for that verse Lindsey does alone. Between that and Don't Stop, I wonder which she likes the most, or least. Well, probably SYLM requires the 5 of them more than Don't Stop does. Although, I still think the chorus works well with Stevie and Lindsey. The verses are a reason she should join the band in a cameo, simply out of pity.

If they could smuggle away one of her dogs, that would give them considerable leverage.

Michele
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
David, I think SYLM comes off nicely except for that verse Lindsey does alone.
I think I heard it on YouTube & I think I liked it. You know me.

But the point I forgot to make is that the statement Mick & Stevie made about the last album without Chris was: What if she had the hit single & wasn't there on the road to sing it?

Well, hellooooo! They changed their minds, I guess. She wasn't there to sing her hit singles Say You Love Me & Don't Stop. (Nor was she there in 1994 & 1995 to sing her hit singles Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, & Don't Stop.)

So if the band has rationalized its way out of that particular quagmire, why not ask Chris to record one last big studio album & to hell with what happens on the tour? Is there some difference in their minds between a classic hit single & a current hit single? And why is this band still paying any thought at all to hit singles? This band is solely a touring band playing its golden oldies.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, hellooooo! They changed their minds, I guess. She wasn't there to sing her hit singles Say You Love Me & Don't Stop. (Nor was she there in 1994 & 1995 to sing her hit singles Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, & Don't Stop.)
What happened was, things got so crazy the last time they performed for Bill Clinton. When he found out that Christine wasn't there, he went into a rage, threw a chair, had their taxes audited. After that, they were a little gun shy.

The idea that they could have a Top #1 hit that would knock Britney Spears off the charts and then not have Christine there to sing it -- the fan disillusion that would cause -- the audience chanting "we want Christine" then leaving the arena in a stampede of pique -- it was too much to risk.

Michele
Old 10-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[QUOTE=vivfox;850426]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This is what SHOULD happen if the band does one final album. She should be a full participant in the proceedings, too, contribute songs, sing, be "the guiding hand" that Stevie so aptly called her.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this won't happen.[/QUOTE]

It probably can't because Chris won't leave England and Lindsey has a family to raise in California.
Lindsey (and family)could move to England for a year.......
Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think I heard it on YouTube & I think I liked it. You know me.

But the point I forgot to make is that the statement Mick & Stevie made about the last album without Chris was: What if she had the hit single & wasn't there on the road to sing it?

So if the band has rationalized its way out of that particular quagmire, why not ask Chris to record one last big studio album & to hell with what happens on the tour? Is there some difference in their minds between a classic hit single & a current hit single? And why is this band still paying any thought at all to hit singles? This band is solely a touring band playing its golden oldies.
I truly don't think Christine would do a Fleetwood Mac album precisely because she'd feel she had a responsibility to the band to tour for it. She doesn't want to be seen as 'pulling a Lindsey'. (Being on an album, yet bailing on a tour)(sorry, Lindsey!)