The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-16-2020, 04:39 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Tran$late: Everyone wrote something, but mine was extra and special because we dated, you know, like 44 years ago. So in mine, I told him what to do. I told someone after they had a heart attack to take care.
You and I have always known $he's a nut job, I'm just glad the general public is finally seeing it!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-16-2020, 04:40 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Tran$late: Everyone wrote something, but mine was extra and special because we dated, you know, like 44 years ago. So in mine, I told him what to do. I told someone after they had a heart attack to take care.
I often wonder what sort of fatherly advice Linds gives his son on dating and relationships when you're young. "do what I did and you'll be rich and famous, but you'll legit be dumped and re-dumped over and over, shat upon non stop for every move you make by your ex for 50 years"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-16-2020, 04:43 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
“If it’s meant to happen”.... you FIRED him. This isn’t like the twists of fate ��

Wow it’s so much spin, I’m dizzy
No, no, no...FATE fired him. FATE said, you know what, less Lindsey and more Mike Campbell and Neil Finn. Stevie was just fate's vehicle. She is like that, intertwined with the hands of fate. Fate knows her. It's just there with her, walking and dancing around the house, like a chiffon duster.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-16-2020, 06:00 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
No, no, no...FATE fired him. FATE said, you know what, less Lindsey and more Mike Campbell and Neil Finn. Stevie was just fate's vehicle. She is like that, intertwined with the hands of fate. Fate knows her. It's just there with her, walking and dancing around the house, like a chiffon duster.
Her mother, father and Fate told Stevie to fire Lindsey, which just proves that the spirits are ruthless.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-16-2020, 06:40 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Her mother, father and Fate told Stevie to fire Lindsey, which just proves that the spirits are ruthless.
They told her to DIVORCE him....Fire is such an ugly word
And they were dead when the did it. Did they come to her in the same dream JFK and MLK did---because then all of the press these last few weeks comes full circle.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-16-2020, 06:43 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh so now it's "WE" didn't want to make Rumours II, now it's "WE" wanted to do somthing different.

Ya'll gave Lindsey passive agressive sh*t for his vision of Tusk for DECADES and suddenly you're re-writing history about that decision. Screw you.

First it was I wrote to Lindsey, now suddenly it's WE ALL wrote to Lindsey. Pathological liar, thats all she is.
SHE MAKES ME WANT TO HURL! You did NOT want to make Tusk you lying #@$$$%%%!!!!!! Now that the album is considered a masterpiece she changes her story yet again. F off you d bag.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-16-2020, 07:26 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Her mother, father and Fate told Stevie to fire Lindsey, which just proves that the spirits are ruthless.
No one’s a fool. Except stupid Lindsey who never would’ve thought Barbara Nicks would help oust him from Fleetwood Mac years after her death.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-16-2020, 07:27 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
They told her to DIVORCE him....Fire is such an ugly word
And they were dead when the did it. Did they come to her in the same dream JFK and MLK did---because then all of the press these last few weeks comes full circle.
And Justice Ginsburg - her hero. I bet she was involved in the divorce/parting/whatever too.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-16-2020, 07:31 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
SHE MAKES ME WANT TO HURL! You did NOT want to make Tusk you lying #@$$$%%%!!!!!! Now that the album is considered a masterpiece she changes her story yet again. F off you d bag.
Ha. To be fair they’ve all (the four jerks) been pretty complimentary of Tusk in the modern era. When they talk about it they tend to be all lovey dovey and don’t usually mention how they were annoyed by the sales or Lindsey’s process. Lindsey has stuck to his guns for the most part about how the band and the label were less than thrilled with things all along.

But why can’t she just say she had her issues at the time but in hindsight it was the right thing to do and it turned out very well (in the case of Stevie - her songs on Tusk are all amazing IMO)? She makes up more crap than a certain politician.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-16-2020, 10:47 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Ha. To be fair they’ve all (the four jerks) been pretty complimentary of Tusk in the modern era. When they talk about it they tend to be all lovey dovey and don’t usually mention how they were annoyed by the sales or Lindsey’s process. Lindsey has stuck to his guns for the most part about how the band and the label were less than thrilled with things all along.
Mick was the only one who had his back and covered “Walk A Thin Line” on The Visitor.

Quote:
But why can’t she just say she had her issues at the time but in hindsight it was the right thing to do and it turned out very well (in the case of Stevie - her songs on Tusk are all amazing IMO)? She makes up more crap than a certain politician.
Why does she need to make any justification, especially one involving Fleetwood Mac? Why not just say she wasn’t ready to stop working or partying to be responsible for another human? She’s not Grace Slick, damnit!
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-16-2020, 11:41 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,422
Default

I think Stevie has always said she was not out to try to mimic the commercial success of Rumours and she has said she doesn’t even know how to be commercial. And actually I think she’s telling the truth a little there because when called upon to write a hit ala Christine I don’t think she felt comfortable doing it (Say you will).

She has always said she did not want to make Rumours II, I don’t see that as a change from her past comments. But yes she did trash the garage sound of Tusk and felt alienated from it because she wasn’t on Lindsey’s songs and, according to her, was kept out of the studio, because he didn’t want her there twirling her baton and annoying him.

I think she can say I didn’t want to make Rumours II without saying “I was joyous about Tusk.” One statement does not lead to the other.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-17-2020, 12:48 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
according to her, was kept out of the studio, because he didn’t want her there twirling her baton and annoying him.
Lord child, if murder was legal...$he has to be one of the top ten most annoying people in the history of the world.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-17-2020, 01:09 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Lord child, if murder was legal...$he has to be one of the top ten most annoying people in the history of the world.
I will tell you that I could see how people used to like her, because she was funny in describing her own foibles before. To the point they would take on an endearing hue to me, because she made me smile.

Quote:
This time people are going to say alot of great things and alot of ****ty things. He wanted to be alone, he wanted to do his vocals alone, he didn't want any of us gawking through the window at him or me dancing in the background or twirling my baton. He just put a big note on the door saying 'Out' and he would call you if he needed your services.
I mean when she says gawking, twirling, dancing she is fully aware of her own silliness and that alone is refreshing.

But then she turned a corner and became something like a Charles Manson follower at some point in time, with no self-awareness, conscience or empathy.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-17-2020, 01:14 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I mean when she says gawking, twirling, dancing she is fully aware of her own silliness and that alone is refreshing.

But then she turned a corner and became something like a Charles Manson follower at some point in time, with no self-awareness, conscience or empathy.
I agree. It was cute up until a certain age. Now her egomania is nothing but annoying. $he references herself in everything $he says. It's pathetic. I guess that's what happens when you have a Yes Staff.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-17-2020, 02:26 AM
studyinscarlet's Avatar
studyinscarlet studyinscarlet is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From what I can tell, I need to be here...
Posts: 208
Default

Oh, Stevie. Just shut up.
__________________
"Yes, it was a strain on her, watching the castles fall down..."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

SIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book
$1059.98
SIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book pictureMICK FLEETWOOD Classic Original Candid 1979 Photo Ltd Ed Signed & # By Photog
$499.0
MICK FLEETWOOD Classic Original Candid 1979 Photo Ltd  Ed  Signed & # By Photog  pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM
$299.99
FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM pictureMICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC 12" DRUMHEAD
$249.99
MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC 12



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved