Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of band members talking to each other (or not), this from Stevie:

Speaking of friends Stevie Nicks have been in touch with — don’t count the members of Fleetwood Mac. “I haven’t talked to anybody in Fleetwood Mac. I haven’t even talked to Mick. I’m really, really good friends with Mick,” she said. “Not only did I not call them, but they didn’t call me either. It seems like everybody is very much existing in their own bubble. It’s like there are people that I really need to call that are important to me that I have not called.”

Fleetwood Mac wrapped a yearlong tour in December, just months before the pandemic hit.

“Whenever I feel really guilty, then I say to myself, ‘Well they haven’t called you either.’ That’s your excuse out. Soon as somebody calls you, then you have to call them back,” Nicks continued. “It’s society of pandemic. We’re all going to be so excited when it’s over that we’re all going to be over-friendly and calling people all the time and people are going to be like, ‘Back off. Stop.’ I think that hopefully we’re all going to get through this and please God will show us the way and we’ll be OK.”

She also says she's been watching lots of old medieval movies in prep for the Rhiannon tv series that started getting planned back in Jan/Feb.
https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...PEntertainment
Old 10-13-2020, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So much for that “group email” she mentioned after the tour wrapped up. Everyone was buddy buddy!

According to Mike Campbell he sent some song ideas over to her and she never called him back either...

You have to wonder if....as the dust settled following that last tour if they all had a chance to think “wow, that was really effing stupid”
Old 10-13-2020, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that Mick has talked to Lindsey but not Stevie has huge implications.Clearly all is not well in the Mac bubble.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Um, there is no one in the band she would talk to anyway, besides Mick. She and Christine never chit chatted on the phone. So who else is there in Fleetwood Mac?

Guys, don’t get me started. Because David and jbrownsjr would probably kick me off the site, if I said what I was thinking.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Um, there is no one in the band she would talk to anyway, besides Mick. She and Christine never chit chatted on the phone. So who else is there in Fleetwood Mac?

Guys, don’t get me started. Because David and jbrownsjr would probably kick me off the site, if I said what I was thinking.
Well, $he's NOT the boss, just so we're clear.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, $he's NOT the boss, just so we're clear.
I don’t want to say it, but this sounds shippy.

I agree with what Elle said about the last time fans speculated that a new album was coming, Mick and Stevie were actually planning to kick Lindsey out of the band. Even so, I am asking if this refers to the Lindsman.

Quote:
It’s like there are people that I really need to call that are important to me that I have not called
.”
Old 10-14-2020, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don’t want to say it, but this sounds shippy.

I agree with what Elle said about the last time fans speculated that a new album was coming, Mick and Stevie were actually planning to kick Lindsey out of the band. Even so, I am asking if this refers to the Lindsman.

.”
If he goes back, he's a loser! I will lose all respect for him.

I know that Mick said, "Bob Welch saved FM", but only a death could have saved FM.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

please Lindsey no. you are flushing your own legacy down the toilet if you do that. and you were just starting to get your name more known. and some street cred that participating on The Killers / Caution gave you. don't throw it all away.

The thing is, Lindsey would not see it as a betrayal of his own legacy. I suspect that he still believes he needs the big machine to distribute the small machine creations to the most people. We live in a DIY world and I am sure that Lindsey’s children know it, but I don’t think he does. He doesn’t know he can get exposure without FM. Even if he was beginning to catch on to this before, the pandemic has changed that. It has limited his options, because he cannot tour like he wanted.

Now, I realize that the success of the cranberry juice fellow should tell Lindsey that anybody can get millions of ears, under the right circumstances. They don’t need a big name band. He doesn’t need one and should just be happy to still have artistry to share, no matter how small his audience. I think he learned this overtime, but mortality may have caused him to go backwards.

If he did reunite, it would not be to abandon his new material. It would be to help it, the surest way he thinks he knows how.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I see this a bit differently from the majority here. Lindsey was so clearly hurt when he was removed from the band. Go back to the lyrics of On With the Show. He saw this band as his and their surviving legacy and his sense of community, even if the community was not always unified. That was all taken away from him in a phone call from Irving Azoff and everyone in his community stopped talking to him. The hurt and pain from that forced separation and subsequent isolation is real, its deep, and depressive.

Further, for the prior 21 years he was the band's driving force and frankly why it came back to life and then thrived during its revenue making heyday, post Stevie's temporary career crater, Mick's bankruptcy(s), Christine's departure. The Dance does not happen. Say You Will and its 130 date tour does not happen. 2009, 2013, 2014-2015 tours don't happen and the band becomes so irrelevant, there is no chance the financially successful revamped 2018-2019 tour takes place. In his mind, Fleetwood Mac had become his band and I am sure he at times became overbearing and controlling, but he was also essentially given the power. As Stevie, famously said, Fleetwood Mac is a democracy, we all get a vote, except Lindsey, he get's two. They empowered him, he became the big (well really skinny) daddy. Then the family left him.

He had a heart attack, he had open heart surgery, his children are getting older. The youngest will graduate high school in 2022. In my opinion he sees his mortality and he may prioritize his need to reconnect with his estranged band family and he needs to be part of the final incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for his posterity, legacy and peaceful closure.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I guess I see this a bit differently from the majority here. Lindsey was so clearly hurt when he was removed from the band. Go back to the lyrics of On With the Show. He saw this band as his and their surviving legacy and his sense of community, even if the community was not always unified. That was all taken away from him in a phone call from Irving Azoff and everyone in his community stopped talking to him. The hurt and pain from that forced separation and subsequent isolation is real, its deep, and depressive.

Further, for the prior 21 years he was the band's driving force and frankly why it came back to life and then thrived during its revenue making heyday, post Stevie's temporary career crater, Mick's bankruptcy(s), Christine's departure. The Dance does not happen. Say You Will and its 130 date tour does not happen. 2009, 2013, 2014-2015 tours don't happen and the band becomes so irrelevant, there is no chance the financially successful revamped 2018-2019 tour takes place. In his mind, Fleetwood Mac had become his band and I am sure he at times became overbearing and controlling, but he was also essentially given the power. As Stevie, famously said, Fleetwood Mac is a democracy, we all get a vote, except Lindsey, he get's two. They empowered him, he became the big (well really skinny) daddy. Then the family left him.

He had a heart attack, he had open heart surgery, his children are getting older. The youngest will graduate high school in 2022. In my opinion he sees his mortality and he may prioritize his need to reconnect with his estranged band family and he needs to be part of the final incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for his posterity, legacy and peaceful closure.
Excellent post. You make a number of really strong points here...
Old 10-14-2020, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's round of interviews continues with one in The Guardian here in the UK - not much sign here of any rapprochement:

'Has she spoken to Buckingham since he left? “No.” Do you really think you’ll never appear on stage with him again? “Probably never.” Really? “Uh-uh,” she says, indicating a firm no.

She says people always ask the band: “‘Do you get along?’ We’d go: ‘Not really.’ They’d say: ‘Are you friends?’ and we’d go: ‘Not really.’ ‘Do you see each other when you’re not on tour?’ ‘Er, no.’ It has been like that since 1976.”'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...a-satanic-cult
Old 10-14-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post

I too agree with all of this.

Michele, I know exactly what you're trying to say. But more important, night by night she watched it all come into play and He held her hands, she listened to what he had to say. (by phone)
Old 10-14-2020, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow her comments are just so...ugly. Now she's talking for the entire band claiming none of them are friends and essentially, never have been since 1976.
It's a sure stab at Mick and Christine.

From the article:
She says people always ask the band: “‘Do you get along?’ We’d go: ‘Not really.’ They’d say: ‘Are you friends?’ and we’d go: ‘Not really.’ ‘Do you see each other when you’re not on tour?’ ‘Er, no.’ It has been like that since 1976.”

It's a far, far, far cry from Lindsey's email, asking to resolve the issues and closing it with "I love you all"

This makes me so sad. There's nothing worse than a bitter old woman or man. She's filling that role beautifully.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-14-2020 at 11:09 AM..
Old 10-14-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Wow her comments are just so...ugly. Now she's talking for the entire band claiming none of them are friends and essentially, never have been since 1976.
It's a sure stab at Mick and Christine.

From the article:
She says people always ask the band: “‘Do you get along?’ We’d go: ‘Not really.’ They’d say: ‘Are you friends?’ and we’d go: ‘Not really.’ ‘Do you see each other when you’re not on tour?’ ‘Er, no.’ It has been like that since 1976.”

It's a far, far, far cry from Lindsey's email, asking to resolve the issues and closing it with "I love you all"

This makes me so sad. There's nothing worse than a bitter old woman or man. She's filling that role beautifully.
She's become so ugly. Her ego, fame and money is all she has. And it shows.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's interesting she talks about her abortion. I was thinking lately about her never having children even though she said she wanted them as far back as the Rolling Stone Rumours interview. She said she was so busy with her career. that it was impossible. Sorry, I don't buy that. Madonna had children, J-Lo, Brittany Spears. I could go on and on. I believe it was her lifestyle of drugs and partying that kept her from having kids. She couldn't stop cocaine long enough or stop pills or drinking long enough. And yes, she is famous, but not in the same vein as Madonna or others. It was the drugs that took a lot away from her. She could have done so many more albums with and without Fleetwood Mac. And now, I see a lonely woman, who lives in the past, only wanting to tour. Not interested in doing anything new. I doubt we see the Rhiannon project.

I have changed, but you remain ageless