The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2020, 10:53 AM
ricohv ricohv is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 906
Default No commentary from Stevie on the TikTok video?

Does anyone else find it strange that Stevie hasn't made a peep about the viral TikTok video that has brought an incredible resurgence in popularity to Dreams? She's been making lots of peeps about her new song. She couldn't have entirely missed the viral TikTok, could she??
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 10-11-2020, 11:05 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 974
Default

Sheís busy polishing her skateboard and knee pads as we speak.
I believe hers is to be a twirling, dancing version.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2020, 11:32 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,216
Default

I hate it when celebrities are twitter bashed and shamed for not saying things publicly. Mick wrote him a private letter that no one knew about except when the guy mentioned it on the news. Its very possible that Stevie also sent him a note. No need to do it in the open for some sort of praise.
There is a private life people don't need to put out in the open.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2020, 12:23 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I hate it when celebrities are twitter bashed and shamed for not saying things publicly. Mick wrote him a private letter that no one knew about except when the guy mentioned it on the news. Its very possible that Stevie also sent him a note. No need to do it in the open for some sort of praise.
There is a private life people don't need to put out in the open.
She needs to send him some of her royalties. She is making a mint and that guy needs money, not cranberry juice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2020, 12:35 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Does anyone else find it strange that Stevie hasn't made a peep about the viral TikTok video that has brought an incredible resurgence in popularity to Dreams? She's been making lots of peeps about her new song. She couldn't have entirely missed the viral TikTok, could she??

Sometimes no words speak volumes. I think itís great that FM gets some publicity and $$$ for this but OMG! this is so f#u*c%k*i#n stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2020, 01:01 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She needs to send him some of her royalties. She is making a mint and that guy needs money, not cranberry juice.
No that is stupid because whatever she gave him people like you and many more would bash her for being stingy. Happens all the time. He did a commercial for a juice company and no commercial they ever would create would ever get that kind of attention. If anyone was going to pay him, it would be them. And they did. That truck looks at least 30k. Plus he got another 10k.
He's doing fine. It would be so cheezy for the band to pay him money. You realize he will be asked to do more juice commercials $$$$$
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2020, 03:14 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No that is stupid because whatever she gave him people like you and many more would bash her for being stingy. Happens all the time. He did a commercial for a juice company and no commercial they ever would create would ever get that kind of attention. If anyone was going to pay him, it would be them. And they did. That truck looks at least 30k. Plus he got another 10k.
He's doing fine. It would be so cheezy for the band to pay him money. You realize he will be asked to do more juice commercials $$$$$
He did a commercial for her song and pushed it to the top of the charts 43 years after it came out. The number of hits and $$$ on Spotify more than tripled from what it had been before his video. He created a media buzz around the song (and the juice) that she of all people should appreciate as it got EVERYONE online, tv, etc talking about HER song. It makes a great platform for her to comment and then say oh yeah, and now I've got a NEW song out.

If this had been a FAMOUS person skateboarding or working out or whatever to the song and gone viral, you can bet your A$$ she'd be commenting on it. She's a snob, and this guy lives in a beat up RV and had to skateboard to work coz his crappy car broke down.....yeah, she ain't gonna acknowledge him. When she could say something like, "I've always said this is why I write songs... to give people a few moments of joy no matter what else they're dealing with in life. I'm glad that my music can make people happy." Her PR team needs someone on it under the age of 40.
__________________

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-11-2020 at 03:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2020, 03:24 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
He did a commercial for her song and pushed it to the top of the charts 43 years after it came out. The number of hits and $$$ on Spotify more than tripled from what it had been before his video. He created a media buzz around the song (and the juice) that she of all people should appreciate as it got EVERYONE online, tv, etc talking about HER song. It makes a great platform for her to comment and then say oh yeah, and now I've got a NEW song out.

If this had been a FAMOUS person skateboarding or working out or whatever to the song and gone viral, you can bet your A$$ she'd be commenting on it. She's a snob, and this guy lives in a beat up RV and had to skateboard to work coz his crappy car broke down.....yeah, she ain't gonna acknowledge him. When she could say something like, "I've always said this is why I write songs... to give people a few moments of joy no matter what else they're dealing with in life. I'm glad that my music can make people happy." Her PR team needs someone on it under the age of 40.
This happens all the time. Its news here because its a Fleetwood Mac song. I have never heard any band or artist paying a viral video maker money because it made their song chart again.
I just think Fleetwood Mac should be held to the same standard. He's gotten so much from this video in money and an expensive truck. He's now a celebrity which will bring him even more offers.


None of this is new. You really want the standard to be for others that imitate him to shake down musical groups for money........."Well the guy in the cranberry juice video was paid"
Its not good.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-11-2020 at 03:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2020, 04:13 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,422
Default

No, I donít think they should pay that guy any money. Yes I do think itís odd that Stevie hasnít said anything.

She will. She was thrilled when the Dixie Chicks rejuvenated Landslide and I know she is thrilled now.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-11-2020, 09:19 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

She will. She was thrilled when the Dixie Chicks rejuvenated Landslide and I know she is thrilled now.
Who wouldn't be thrilled by someone boosting their royalties substantially?
Mama's almost broke!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-12-2020, 12:14 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This happens all the time. Its news here because its a Fleetwood Mac song. I have never heard any band or artist paying a viral video maker money because it made their song chart again.
I just think Fleetwood Mac should be held to the same standard. He's gotten so much from this video in money and an expensive truck. He's now a celebrity which will bring him even more offers.


None of this is new. You really want the standard to be for others that imitate him to shake down musical groups for money........."Well the guy in the cranberry juice video was paid"
Its not good.
I never suggested that she or the band pay him.

All I said was she could acknowledge the whole situation... if not him personally, then just act like you know what's going on outside of your nag champa fog. She's so upset and frightened about covid etc etc.....this is just a nice, positive thing instead, one that has boosted her visibility right now, and again, I'll repeat it would give her the chance to say what she's always said about wanting her songs to lift people up and take them away even for 3 minutes and bring them joy.

I don't expect her to say anything. If she does, she will look like a moron because as these things go, they're here and gone in five minutes. The whole thing has already mostly blown over, so commenting now just makes her look too old and out of it. I'm not Mick's biggest fan but I will give him credit that his timing on it (regardless of his motivations) was perfect (and he attributes that to his kids urging him to do something in response). And he talked to the guy on air on BBC and looked like 'wow what a nice guy so nice to his band's fans'. Maybe Stevie thinks that's enough; Mick interacted with the hoi polloi so she doesn't have to.

She should be grateful for the boost to her old stuff, coz her new stuff sucks.
__________________

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-12-2020 at 12:19 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-12-2020, 12:43 AM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Does anyone else find it strange that Stevie hasn't made a peep about the viral TikTok video that has brought an incredible resurgence in popularity to Dreams? She's been making lots of peeps about her new song. She couldn't have entirely missed the viral TikTok, could she??


She/her team retweeted the Fleetwood Mac post about it days ago on Twitter, and that same day shared it in her Instagram stories.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-12-2020, 12:59 AM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

She should be grateful for the boost to her old stuff, coz her new stuff sucks.
In your opinion, of course. You are not the definitive judge.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-12-2020, 01:28 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I don't expect her to say anything. If she does, she will look like a moron because as these things go, they're here and gone in five minutes. The whole thing has already mostly blown over, so commenting now just makes her look too old and out of it. I'm not Mick's biggest fan but I will give him credit that his timing on it (regardless of his motivations) was perfect (and he attributes that to his kids urging him to do something in response). And he talked to the guy on air on BBC and looked like 'wow what a nice guy so nice to his band's fans'. Maybe Stevie thinks that's enough; Mick interacted with the hoi polloi so she doesn't have to.

She should be grateful for the boost to her old stuff, coz her new stuff sucks.
Well, you know an interviewer will ask her about it and she will have to say something.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-12-2020, 01:39 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, you know an interviewer will ask her about it and she will have to say something.
yes but what that "something" will be is anyone's guess...I'll wager it'll be about her last youthful years and how grateful she is to have been the first female inducted into the RRHOF as a solo artist and band member, how the Kennedys come to her across the Persian carpet of her dreams, and that Lindsey is still alive and kicking because he followed her advice despite their divorce.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

SIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book
$1059.98
SIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book pictureMICK FLEETWOOD Classic Original Candid 1979 Photo Ltd Ed Signed & # By Photog
$499.0
MICK FLEETWOOD Classic Original Candid 1979 Photo Ltd  Ed  Signed & # By Photog  pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM
$299.99
FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM pictureMICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC 12" DRUMHEAD
$249.99
MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC 12



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved