The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do you like Stevieís new single, Show Them the Way?
Yes 34 56.67%
No 17 28.33%
Not sure 2 3.33%
I like the music but not the lyrics. 7 11.67%
I like the lyrics but not the music. 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-16-2020, 11:27 AM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Me too. I like it a lot and the chorus has stuck with me ever since hearing it the first time.
The more I listen to it, the more I like it and the more the entire song comes together. It all fits and nothing should be edited from the song, despite what the haters think.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-17-2020, 12:50 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
The more I listen to it, the more I like it and the more the entire song comes together. It all fits and nothing should be edited from the song, despite what the haters think.
Yes, I have played it three or four times and I am getting to really like it. I don't know why, I couldn't articulate it all that well. I am hearing it as less a "song" and more a . . . like a film score. It just seems more vivid and contemporary than her other recent attempts to be vivid and contemporary (like the song she did for the movie about the children or the other song about the death of her godchild).

So I am enjoying this current thing, although I already know that I won't be returning to it in the years to come; it won't have long-term pull on me, the way I return to "Dreams" (the way we're all returning to "Dreams," even if we're sophisticated, not-easily-impressed writers at Billboard magazine).
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-17-2020, 02:43 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, I have played it three or four times and I am getting to really like it. I don't know why, I couldn't articulate it all that well. I am hearing it as less a "song" and more a . . . like a film score. It just seems more vivid and contemporary than her other recent attempts to be vivid and contemporary (like the song she did for the movie about the children or the other song about the death of her godchild).

So I am enjoying this current thing, although I already know that I won't be returning to it in the years to come; it won't have long-term pull on me, the way I return to "Dreams" (the way we're all returning to "Dreams," even if we're sophisticated, not-easily-impressed writers at Billboard magazine).
No, I enjoy it as a film score too, an accompaniment to visuals.i donít consider it a song.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-17-2020, 06:04 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,460
Default

The song completely tanked. It fell out of the top 30 On iTunes within a week The song had a ton of promotion too.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-17-2020, 07:13 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The song completely tanked. It fell out of the top 30 On iTunes within a week The song had a ton of promotion too.
It was a dud...you can only polish a turd so much.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-17-2020, 07:36 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The song completely tanked. It fell out of the top 30 On iTunes within a week The song had a ton of promotion too.
Let's see how Lindsey's next album charts.
__________________
...every time, you don't come...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-17-2020, 08:18 PM
TheWildHeart67's Avatar
TheWildHeart67 TheWildHeart67 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
The song completely tanked. It fell out of the top 30 On iTunes within a week The song had a ton of promotion too.
If it had completely tanked, it never would have charted. I don't know how well you expected it to do. It's not a song that was aimed at radio play or top 40.
The track hot good reviews, good publicity, and was a top 10 download/streaming track for a few days.
I didn't expect it to chart at all.
You trash her regardless. You'll be trashing the movie and live Cd too. Yawn.
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/jump.gif border=0 alt= title=jump class=inlineimg />

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 10-17-2020 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-17-2020, 08:21 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Let's see how Lindsey's next album charts.
What do that sales of an unreleased Lindsey Buckingham album have to do with this song being a dud.. You admitted yourself that it was so subpar that you weren't even going to pay a couple bucks to download it.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-17-2020, 08:37 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
If it had completely tanked, it never would have charted. I don't know how well you expected it to do. It's not a song that was aimed at radio play or top 40.
The track hot good reviews, good publicity, and was a top 10 download/streaming track for a few days.
I think it will have a chart number on the Hot 100. The data's not out yet I think it comes next Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-17-2020, 10:27 PM
Newzchspy's Avatar
Newzchspy Newzchspy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL U.S.A.
Posts: 431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
The more I listen to it, the more I like it and the more the entire song comes together. It all fits and nothing should be edited from the song, despite what the haters think.
Just so we're clear, if someone doesn't like a song they're labeled a hater? Cancel culture much? Hmm, We must be the most hateful people ever because there's many that liked very little about it. Music is not a sport nor a race. It's a preference. This song will never see the light of day, just like many on 24k. Street Angel and Say You Will had a better chance at success.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-17-2020, 10:28 PM
Newzchspy's Avatar
Newzchspy Newzchspy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL U.S.A.
Posts: 431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think it will have a chart number on the Hot 100. The data's not out yet I think it comes next Friday.
Only because someone is out looking for Ocean Spray and Dreams. Otherwise, it'll never chart. Goose egg Stevie.

It really doesn't have a chorus, nor a bridge . So what is it? A stream of consciousness rendition of Stevie's poetry?

Last edited by Newzchspy; 10-17-2020 at 10:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-18-2020, 12:22 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
What do that sales of an unreleased Lindsey Buckingham album have to do with this song being a dud.. You admitted yourself that it was so subpar that you weren't even going to pay a couple bucks to download it.
But Mitzo loves numbers!!!


$tevie is the most popular member. You guys know that, right? $TEVIE IS THE MOST POPULAR!!!! THAT MEANS $HE'S THE BEST!!!!!!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-18-2020, 09:01 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But Mitzo loves numbers!!!


$tevie is the most popular member. You guys know that, right? $TEVIE IS THE MOST POPULAR!!!! THAT MEANS $HE'S THE BEST!!!!!!
Lindsey fans ignore numbers. They have to.
__________________
...every time, you don't come...
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-18-2020, 09:16 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Lindsey fans ignore numbers. They have to.
Not all Lindsey fans. You sound like you desire rivalry and battles between fans.

Did you know there are persons who are fans of both Stevie and Lindsey?
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:15 PM
StevieandChris
This message has been deleted by StevieandChris.
  #75  
Old 10-18-2020, 09:16 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Lindsey fans ignore numbers. They have to.
Exactly. Among other things they ignore about him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
$200.0
FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM picturec1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$99.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureDENNIS WILSON of BEACH BOYS Photo CANDID Rare w/ JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac
$44.0
DENNIS WILSON of BEACH BOYS Photo CANDID Rare w/ JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac pictureFLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE POSE
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE POSE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved