The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-02-2020, 03:55 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this quote is just so... weird? is she really that oblivious? or she knows exactly what she is doing?

she answered her own question irom this same interview here, about why are Fleetwood Mac fans on her social media so mad about her breaking up the band, and never being able to have the Classic Mac together again.

and then - the person who is wronged and the rest of the band doesn't want to talk to should somehow try to approach them? not the people who ghosted and wronged that person, people who do wrong don't owe any apologies? that's some warped logic right there.

then again looking at history, it's pretty consistent:
  • she dumps the guy and writes songs making it look like he dumped her;
  • she gets the guy fired and talks like he somehow fired himself and she was begging him to stay so now she's oh so sad. (and of course she got him fired because she was oh so sad every time she would see him )
The amount of untruth that comes out of her mouth is staggering. It's almost as if everything she says is a lie.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-02-2020, 03:58 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I love how the Karens of the Stevie world bring up the Dylan exchange but they ALWAYS leave out that bit where he very politely said "OK, it's your song I just thought I would bring it up"

Not to mention it's visibly clear he was hesitant to bring it up, he knew he was stepping into delicate waters.

Oooph big bad Lindsey being a jerk...hmm k.

although, they both have been dismissive towards each other over the years, and probably hate that they owe each other their success.

a weird co-dependent love/hate relationship, probably more hate than love as the years went by.

both passive aggressive, trying to put each other down.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-02-2020, 03:59 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But the fact that no one has any examples except his “you’re using the wrong pronoun” is proof that the guy has done nothing to her except be a trivial annoyance, which is apparently not allowed in the Queen's presence.

Lindsey did not because he foolishly believed that he had something to do with the legacy she is lauded for and had no cause to bow down.
Don't forget he also said it's a rule of thumb that you don't write a verse that goes from past tense to present participle!

Also, the argument persons make with your suggestion that Lindsey had only 2 popular solo songs so he couldn't have helped Stevie produce successful songs!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-02-2020, 04:46 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The amount of untruth that comes out of her mouth is staggering. It's almost as if everything she says is a lie.
It's not a lie, if you believe it, Jerry.
-$tevie Costanza
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-02-2020, 06:41 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
although, they both have been dismissive towards each other over the years, and probably hate that they owe each other their success.

a weird co-dependent love/hate relationship, probably more hate than love as the years went by.
And, that’s one of the biggest differences between CSNY and Stevie and Lindsey. All of the guys in CSNY had been in legendary hit-making bands before getting together. Also, CSNY weren’t ex-lovers. There are a few layers of drama that CSNY doesn’t have to deal with.

I suspect the biggest reason why the McVies were able to become great friends again is that lack of owing each other their careers. John had a pretty legendary career even before Fleetwood Mac, and Christine was an up and coming musician in her own right. Even with being bandmates, their personal and professional relationships weren’t nearly as enmeshed.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-02-2020, 09:56 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Funny she now wants to do a solo record. Though without a new product or tour to plug she can't do the big publicity pushes and get herself all over the media. And without any new FM albums or tours in the offing, she's either got to crank out a solo project or fade into the background. Remember a few years ago when that was her dream.... she got her trailer in Malibu to retreat to and was so distressed because she'd been so busy with work commitments that she hadn't had any time to furnish or decorate it? All the years whining about wanting to retreat to a castle on a cliff overlooking the ocean......blah blah blah. She's got that fabulous penthouse hanging over the beach and she still isn't happy. her career really is the only thing she's got. It's getting truly rather sad.
Her career doesn't seem to be enough for her at this age. Or her fans. Or her packed arenas. Or her ego.
I wish I could feel some kind of sympathy for her. Not that she cared anyway, but she honestly doesn't inspire any positive feeling in me. She did enough damage. She should apologize or just shut up.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-03-2020, 12:04 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
although, they both have been dismissive towards each other over the years, and probably hate that they owe each other their success.
Yeah, I wouldn't try to argue that Lindsey wasn't being a pain when he said that. He can be pretty smug ("in a word, yes"), but she gives as good as she gets. She was in a documentary making fun of his singing style on Tusk. She made me laugh, but if he had done the same thing to her in a documentary, the fury would never have ended.

Last edited by michelej1; 10-03-2020 at 12:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-03-2020, 12:31 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She was in a documentary making fun of his singing style on Tusk. She made me laugh, but if he had done the same thing to her in a documentary, the fury would never have ended.
He put “What Makes You Think You’re The One?” On Tusk which totally mocks her vibrato.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-03-2020, 06:09 AM
johnnystorms's Avatar
johnnystorms johnnystorms is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: new orleans
Posts: 736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I love how the Karens of the Stevie world bring up the Dylan exchange but they ALWAYS leave out that bit where he very politely said "OK, it's your song I just thought I would bring it up"

Not to mention it's visibly clear he was hesitant to bring it up, he knew he was stepping into delicate waters.

Oooph big bad Lindsey being a jerk...hmm k.
what does "Karens of the Stevie world" mean?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-03-2020, 07:05 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He put “What Makes You Think You’re The One?” On Tusk which totally mocks her vibrato.
Isn't this song his main post-punk, new wave debut on Tusk? Thus, the singing is different than his singing on the white or Rumours albums. I think he sounds great on WMYTYTO
Springsteen styles his voice to sound like Dylan on tons of songs and it doesn't sound good.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-03-2020, 11:21 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Isn't this song his main post-punk, new wave debut on Tusk? Thus, the singing is different than his singing on the white or Rumours albums. I think he sounds great on WMYTYTO
Springsteen styles his voice to sound like Dylan on tons of songs and it doesn't sound good.
“The darker side of “What Makes You Think You’re The One” was rooted in the lyrics and performance that revisited Lindsey’s feelings toward Stevie and their past as a couple, a breakup that was only two years old at this point. If there was any doubt of who the song was about, Lindsey did his best to imitate Stevie’s distinctive vibrato, giving it a bleating, goatlike quality, and her rudimentary piano playing, which he knew made her self-conscious. This only served to exacerbate Stevie’s feelings of mistreatment by her ex, in a very dysfunctional way that I was to discover directly from her. Stevie provocatively described her experience making Tusk as being like one of the hostages in Iran held by Lindsey as the Ayatollah Khomeini who had seized power of Studio D.” -Ken Caillat
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-03-2020, 12:24 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,306
Default

Thanks for posting the entire article. Wow. I mean WOW—she is one delusional gal these days. And it’s so clear that her agent/management engineered this “story” to counteract the negative responses she got for her self-serving RBG tribute and to the now widely-acknowledged lies the band were telling the press about Lindsey’s firing.

There are so many WTF moments in this. But rock-n-roll is crammed with narcissists who believe their every thought and revelation is of great importance. Still, the following bit is beyond embarrassing:

[“Show Them the Way,” due Oct. 9, was born out of a dream Nicks had in the run-up to the 2008 presidential election. In it, she was invited to perform at a political benefit for icons of history. Martin Luther King Jr. led her by the arm into a ballroom where John F. Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy and John Lewis were seated, awaiting her. The dream was so vivid that the instant she awoke, she wrote it down and within days, put it to music.]

Wow. I mean WOW.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-03-2020, 12:30 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
“The darker side of “What Makes You Think You’re The One” was rooted in the lyrics and performance that revisited Lindsey’s feelings toward Stevie and their past as a couple, a breakup that was only two years old at this point. If there was any doubt of who the song was about, Lindsey did his best to imitate Stevie’s distinctive vibrato, giving it a bleating, goatlike quality, and her rudimentary piano playing, which he knew made her self-conscious. This only served to exacerbate Stevie’s feelings of mistreatment by her ex, in a very dysfunctional way that I was to discover directly from her. Stevie provocatively described her experience making Tusk as being like one of the hostages in Iran held by Lindsey as the Ayatollah Khomeini who had seized power of Studio D.” -Ken Caillat
Is everyone who reads that quote obligated to take it as Bible?
Ken Caillat wasn't the creator or author of the song. Is he a mind-reader? That perspective flirts like it's not a good song.

To me Lindsey's vocals and stylings are great on that track. Just like Stevie's vocals are great on Sisters and Chris' are on Brown Eyes.

The whole package of What Makes You Think You're the One isn't everything Stevie. I think it's in vein with the spirit of the album, which is a new plank to walk. And Stevie honors that risk the band took in praising Harry's career choice.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-03-2020, 01:12 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is everyone who reads that quote obligated to take it as Bible?
Ken Caillat wasn't the creator or author of the song. Is he a mind-reader? That perspective flirts like it's not a good song.

To me Lindsey's vocals and stylings are great on that track. Just like Stevie's vocals are great on Sisters and Chris' are on Brown Eyes.

The whole package of What Makes You Think You're the One isn't everything Stevie. I think it's in vein with the spirit of the album, which is a new plank to walk. And Stevie honors that risk the band took in praising Harry's career choice.
You’re free to believe whatever you want, although the quote doesn’t speak to the quality of the song.

Ken was there, not me. However, it makes complete sense. Just listen to “What Makes You Think You’re The One” and follow it with “Edge of Seventeen.”
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-03-2020, 02:49 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

[“Show Them the Way,” due Oct. 9, was born out of a dream Nicks had in the run-up to the 2008 presidential election. In it, she was invited to perform at a political benefit for icons of history. Martin Luther King Jr. led her by the arm into a ballroom where John F. Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy and John Lewis were seated, awaiting her. The dream was so vivid that the instant she awoke, she wrote it down and within days, put it to music.]

Wow. I mean WOW.
Stevie is the only human being in the world who would boast about having a dream in which Martin Luther King plays her usher.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved