The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Why is Stevie becoming political?
Itís a desperate attempt to remain relevant. 9 52.94%
She wants to heal the world with her words. 6 35.29%
She is bored, and becoming political is something new to try. 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-01-2020, 12:42 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Oh you are triggered �� Do you remember 9/11 and what was done. He was the president and we were in a war and it wasnít tongue and cheek to many people. What are you now - Twitter, acting like you are ultimate truth fact checking people? Ridiculous. Nugent did I said that about Obama after the Chicks. Tit for tat.
Their comments were in relation to the invasion of Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. And, their comments werenít tongue and cheek.

Furthermore, 9/11 had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq. It was because they refused to let UN inspectors look for weapons of mass destruction, which, go figure, was because there werenít any. The intelligence reports were doctored.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-01-2020, 01:24 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Their comments were in relation to the invasion of Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. And, their comments werenít tongue and cheek.

Furthermore, 9/11 had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq. It was because they refused to let UN inspectors look for weapons of mass destruction, which, go figure, was because there werenít any. The intelligence reports were doctored.
After what the country just went through people were angry and Americans needed to stick together. Natalie bad mouthed the president and seemed to give other countries ammo and she suffered the consequences.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-01-2020, 01:33 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
After what the country just went through people were angry and Americans needed to stick together. Natalie bad mouthed the president and seemed to give other countries ammo and she suffered the consequences.
Iraq had nothing to do with what America went through. There were 2,977 deaths on 9/11. Itís estimated that there were between 100,000-200,000 Iraqi civilian casualties for a war predicated on false intelligence.

And, what about what America is going through? Why donít we need to stick together, now? COVID-19 has killed 70 times as many people as 9/11.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-01-2020, 04:46 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,033
Default

I thought that POLITICS WERE AGAINST THE RULES HERE???????

__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Netter75's Avatar
Netter75 Netter75 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I thought that POLITICS WERE AGAINST THE RULES HERE???????

Retweet. Absolutely exhausting.
__________________
"I am just one small part of forever" -Think About It (The song that got me into Stevie Nicks)

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-01-2020, 05:14 PM
SortaSavageLike's Avatar
SortaSavageLike SortaSavageLike is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music
Posts: 2,444
Default

I'm not pissing blood. You're pissing blood!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-01-2020, 05:20 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Retweet. Absolutely exhausting.
It is exhausting.

I've grown to hate Facebook for all of the politics. I thought this was a sanctuary from it.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-01-2020, 06:49 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 974
Default

I thought this was a no politics forum....
Fun though......

You've got Trump and we've got Boris.
Make of that what you will !
Handling,or not , something the world hasn't seen for a 100 years. A pandemic becoming a global catastrophe.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-01-2020, 09:03 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Letís take a look at the so-called liberal media on MSNBC.

LEAD ANCHORS
Joe Scarborough: Former Republican Representative from Florida.

Nicolle Wallace: White House Communications Director, George W. Bush Administration


PUNDITS
David Jolly: Former Republican Representative from Florida.

Steve Schmidt: Former Republican Strategist

Michael Steele: Former RNC Chairman

Michael Steel: Former spokesman for John Boehner and Paul Ryan and Senior Campaign Advisor to Jeb Bush

Rick Wilson: Republican strategist

Elise Jordan: Speechwriter for Condoleezza Rice

George Will: Conservative columnist

Susan Del Percio: Republican strategist

Outside of MSNBC, letís not forget about people like John Kasich, former Republican Senator from and Governor of Ohio and Fox News host. Or CNN conservative host S.E. Cupp who just endorsed Biden. Or Cindy McCain.

Thereís nothing liberal about any of these people. They were the backbone of the conservative movement and the GOP.
Notice the way you keep saying FORMER. Joe Scarborough and Nicole Wallace are NEVER TRUMPERS. In fact, Joe Scarborough may have officially switched To the Democratic Party because of his wife MIKA. Both anchors would never be allowed to work if they supported Trump. MSNBC doesnít really have a Republican as an anchor. At least FOX News hires Democrats as anchors. NBC wonít anymore. Chris Wallace is a registered Democrat and he works for FOX News. He hates Trump.

Your post is mute anyway. Most Democrats even admit the majority of the media is overwhelmingly liberal. Thatís why the viewership is starting to dwindle. People are turning to YouTube and other venues because of the bias. FOX Newd ratings are soo high because there soo few conservative channels that they get almost all conservative viewership. CNN ratings are horrible because people donít trust them after fake Russia Gate. MSNBC was hurt by Russia Gate. The bias in the media has been discussed several times the last 4 years.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-02-2020, 08:29 AM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Notice the way you keep saying FORMER. Joe Scarborough and Nicole Wallace are NEVER TRUMPERS. In fact, Joe Scarborough may have officially switched To the Democratic Party because of his wife MIKA. Both anchors would never be allowed to work if they supported Trump. MSNBC doesnít really have a Republican as an anchor. At least FOX News hires Democrats as anchors. NBC wonít anymore. Chris Wallace is a registered Democrat and he works for FOX News. He hates Trump.

Your post is mute anyway. Most Democrats even admit the majority of the media is overwhelmingly liberal. Thatís why the viewership is starting to dwindle. People are turning to YouTube and other venues because of the bias. FOX Newd ratings are soo high because there soo few conservative channels that they get almost all conservative viewership. CNN ratings are horrible because people donít trust them after fake Russia Gate. MSNBC was hurt by Russia Gate. The bias in the media has been discussed several times the last 4 years.
I think the proper term is moot not mute BTW I hope the orange blob is getting plenty of bleach injections .Old and obese are high risk factors for being covid 19 postive.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-02-2020, 10:40 AM
greendaze5's Avatar
greendaze5 greendaze5 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I hope the orange blob is getting plenty of bleach injections
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-02-2020, 11:03 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
After what the country just went through people were angry and Americans needed to stick together. Natalie bad mouthed the president and seemed to give other countries ammo and she suffered the consequences.
yes, because world leaders were all sitting around waiting for a chick singer to give them ammo and permission to attack the US president.

It's getting to where this forum needs a 'block' function like Twitter. Does it have one? In all the years I've come here I've never needed to use it til now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-02-2020, 12:57 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes, because world leaders were all sitting around waiting for a chick singer to give them ammo and permission to attack the US president.

It's getting to where this forum needs a 'block' function like Twitter. Does it have one? In all the years I've come here I've never needed to use it til now.
Cancel culture.

She is the one getting involved in politics, so naturally we have to discuss that. She is coming out with a political song. If it leads To her losing fans or discussions about artists being banned because of politics, so what. This is a forum about her career. Donít read it. The title of the thread has the word politics in it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-02-2020, 01:15 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,005
Default

Waheeeeey....all kicks off now.
I might just start liking Stevie again.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-02-2020, 02:41 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,422
Default

Soldier’s Angel was a political song. It’s not new.

She is hardly doing it for attention because there are so many other people speaking out she is lost in the crowd. At this point, I don’t pay attention to the celebs expressing political views. I pay more attention to those who don’t. As that silence tells me a lot I did not want to know about them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

SIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book
$1059.98
SIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book pictureMICK FLEETWOOD Classic Original Candid 1979 Photo Ltd Ed Signed & # By Photog
$499.0
MICK FLEETWOOD Classic Original Candid 1979 Photo Ltd  Ed  Signed & # By Photog  pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM
$299.99
FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM pictureMICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC 12" DRUMHEAD
$249.99
MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC 12



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved