The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Why is Stevie becoming political?
Itís a desperate attempt to remain relevant. 9 52.94%
She wants to heal the world with her words. 6 35.29%
She is bored, and becoming political is something new to try. 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2020, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Oh you are triggered �� Do you remember 9/11 and what was done. He was the president and we were in a war and it wasnít tongue and cheek to many people. What are you now - Twitter, acting like you are ultimate truth fact checking people? Ridiculous. Nugent did I said that about Obama after the Chicks. Tit for tat.
Their comments were in relation to the invasion of Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. And, their comments werenít tongue and cheek.

Furthermore, 9/11 had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq. It was because they refused to let UN inspectors look for weapons of mass destruction, which, go figure, was because there werenít any. The intelligence reports were doctored.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-01-2020, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Their comments were in relation to the invasion of Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. And, their comments werenít tongue and cheek.

Furthermore, 9/11 had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq. It was because they refused to let UN inspectors look for weapons of mass destruction, which, go figure, was because there werenít any. The intelligence reports were doctored.
After what the country just went through people were angry and Americans needed to stick together. Natalie bad mouthed the president and seemed to give other countries ammo and she suffered the consequences.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After what the country just went through people were angry and Americans needed to stick together. Natalie bad mouthed the president and seemed to give other countries ammo and she suffered the consequences.
Iraq had nothing to do with what America went through. There were 2,977 deaths on 9/11. Itís estimated that there were between 100,000-200,000 Iraqi civilian casualties for a war predicated on false intelligence.

And, what about what America is going through? Why donít we need to stick together, now? COVID-19 has killed 70 times as many people as 9/11.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought that POLITICS WERE AGAINST THE RULES HERE???????

Old 10-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I thought that POLITICS WERE AGAINST THE RULES HERE???????

Retweet. Absolutely exhausting.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 10-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I'm not pissing blood. You're pissing blood!
Old 10-01-2020, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Retweet. Absolutely exhausting.
It is exhausting.

I've grown to hate Facebook for all of the politics. I thought this was a sanctuary from it.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought this was a no politics forum....
Fun though......

You've got Trump and we've got Boris.
Make of that what you will !
Handling,or not , something the world hasn't seen for a 100 years. A pandemic becoming a global catastrophe.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Letís take a look at the so-called liberal media on MSNBC.

LEAD ANCHORS
Joe Scarborough: Former Republican Representative from Florida.

Nicolle Wallace: White House Communications Director, George W. Bush Administration

PUNDITS
David Jolly: Former Republican Representative from Florida.

Steve Schmidt: Former Republican Strategist

Michael Steele: Former RNC Chairman

Michael Steel: Former spokesman for John Boehner and Paul Ryan and Senior Campaign Advisor to Jeb Bush

Rick Wilson: Republican strategist

Elise Jordan: Speechwriter for Condoleezza Rice

George Will: Conservative columnist

Susan Del Percio: Republican strategist

Outside of MSNBC, letís not forget about people like John Kasich, former Republican Senator from and Governor of Ohio and Fox News host. Or CNN conservative host S.E. Cupp who just endorsed Biden. Or Cindy McCain.

Thereís nothing liberal about any of these people. They were the backbone of the conservative movement and the GOP.
Notice the way you keep saying FORMER. Joe Scarborough and Nicole Wallace are NEVER TRUMPERS. In fact, Joe Scarborough may have officially switched To the Democratic Party because of his wife MIKA. Both anchors would never be allowed to work if they supported Trump. MSNBC doesnít really have a Republican as an anchor. At least FOX News hires Democrats as anchors. NBC wonít anymore. Chris Wallace is a registered Democrat and he works for FOX News. He hates Trump.

Your post is mute anyway. Most Democrats even admit the majority of the media is overwhelmingly liberal. Thatís why the viewership is starting to dwindle. People are turning to YouTube and other venues because of the bias. FOX Newd ratings are soo high because there soo few conservative channels that they get almost all conservative viewership. CNN ratings are horrible because people donít trust them after fake Russia Gate. MSNBC was hurt by Russia Gate. The bias in the media has been discussed several times the last 4 years.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Notice the way you keep saying FORMER. Joe Scarborough and Nicole Wallace are NEVER TRUMPERS. In fact, Joe Scarborough may have officially switched To the Democratic Party because of his wife MIKA. Both anchors would never be allowed to work if they supported Trump. MSNBC doesnít really have a Republican as an anchor. At least FOX News hires Democrats as anchors. NBC wonít anymore. Chris Wallace is a registered Democrat and he works for FOX News. He hates Trump.

Your post is mute anyway. Most Democrats even admit the majority of the media is overwhelmingly liberal. Thatís why the viewership is starting to dwindle. People are turning to YouTube and other venues because of the bias. FOX Newd ratings are soo high because there soo few conservative channels that they get almost all conservative viewership. CNN ratings are horrible because people donít trust them after fake Russia Gate. MSNBC was hurt by Russia Gate. The bias in the media has been discussed several times the last 4 years.
I think the proper term is moot not mute BTW I hope the orange blob is getting plenty of bleach injections .Old and obese are high risk factors for being covid 19 postive.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I hope the orange blob is getting plenty of bleach injections
Old 10-02-2020, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes, because world leaders were all sitting around waiting for a chick singer to give them ammo and permission to attack the US president.

It's getting to where this forum needs a 'block' function like Twitter. Does it have one? In all the years I've come here I've never needed to use it til now.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes, because world leaders were all sitting around waiting for a chick singer to give them ammo and permission to attack the US president.

It's getting to where this forum needs a 'block' function like Twitter. Does it have one? In all the years I've come here I've never needed to use it til now.
Cancel culture.

She is the one getting involved in politics, so naturally we have to discuss that. She is coming out with a political song. If it leads To her losing fans or discussions about artists being banned because of politics, so what. This is a forum about her career. Donít read it. The title of the thread has the word politics in it.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Waheeeeey....all kicks off now.
I might just start liking Stevie again.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-02-2020, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Soldier’s Angel was a political song. It’s not new.

She is hardly doing it for attention because there are so many other people speaking out she is lost in the crowd. At this point, I don’t pay attention to the celebs expressing political views. I pay more attention to those who don’t. As that silence tells me a lot I did not want to know about them.