The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Why is Stevie becoming political?
Itís a desperate attempt to remain relevant. 9 52.94%
She wants to heal the world with her words. 6 35.29%
She is bored, and becoming political is something new to try. 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-30-2020, 07:28 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,461
Default Stevie is becoming political, hmmm.... Why now??

On October 9th she has a new song coming out called Show Them the Way and itís inspired by political leaders. She also just posted a letter about Ruth Bader Ginsburg. And she just stated she is not voting for Trump. She has never been very political. Never openly admitted who she was voting for, so why all this now?
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 09-30-2020, 07:35 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,502
Default

Itís her age......
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-2020, 08:23 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Itís her age......
Thatís kinda like being bored.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-30-2020, 08:30 PM
ricohv ricohv is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 906
Default

It's hard to remain apolitical in these heated, trying times. It might be as simple as that(?)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-01-2020, 03:31 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,216
Default

You must be new here. She was never overly political but in these polarized times people zone in on tiny statements.
The Mac did fundraisers for US Senators
Stevie was always involved in environmental causes her entire career
Stevie told people from the stage to join Greenpeace (considered almost a terrorist organization back then)
Performed at Bill Clinton's inaugural
Performed at the White House for Bill Clinton
In 2016 stated she was going to dedicate Landslide to Hillary when she won
In 2020 states she is not for Trump

Just because you love Trump this irks you but its not new. We all have different beliefs. That's how humans are. Lindsey also hinted he was anti-Trump. So you are going to hate him too because of it?
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-01-2020, 03:42 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You must be new here. She was never overly political but in these polarized times people zone in on tiny statements.
The Mac did fundraisers for US Senators
Stevie was always involved in environmental causes her entire career
Stevie told people from the stage to join Greenpeace (considered almost a terrorist organization back then)
Performed at Bill Clinton's inaugural
Performed at the White House for Bill Clinton
In 2016 stated she was going to dedicate Landslide to Hillary when she won
In 2020 states she is not for Trump

Just because you love Trump this irks you but its not new. We all have different beliefs. That's how humans are. Lindsey also hinted he was anti-Trump. So you are going to hate him too because of it?
Iím not new here and performing for presidents like Bill Clinton never used to mean that you actually voted for them until George Bush, who the Left despised. Also, many times throughout her career she refused to answer political questions because her father warned her not to get political. Who knows if she is trying to score brownie points because itís the in thing to do bash Trump, but this is first time I have heard her say who she is not voting for. Environmental causes doesnít necessarily mean you are a Democrat.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-01-2020, 04:54 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Iím not new here and performing for presidents like Bill Clinton never used to mean that you actually voted for them until George Bush, who the Left despised. Also, many times throughout her career she refused to answer political questions because her father warned her not to get political. Who knows if she is trying to score brownie points because itís the in thing to do bash Trump, but this is first time I have heard her say who she is not voting for. Environmental causes doesnít necessarily mean you are a Democrat.
Oh brother
You see the world only with Trump glasses on. You are asking why Stevie just got "political." Environmental causes whether left or right is political. When you urge your fans to join environmental/political causes....its political. You seem fine with artists being political when they align with your own political beliefs. She does not walk around the stage with political signs or endorse candidates. But yes like most people who are interviewed millions of times there can be some political references in their statements. She did not go on a 10 minute anti-Trump rant. She just said she is not for Trump. Big deal! Why you seem so obsessed with this is silly. Christine publicly stated she would have never voted for Bill Clinton and snubbed Hillary's request to perform at the White House in 2000. Was it her depression or her political beliefs. Who knows but I don't care. You live in a world where you think every decision people make is pro Trump or anti Trump. Its the Fox News world. You are with us or against us. You are young and your reference of political celebrity endorsements or performances is George Bush. OMG. Read some history. 57% of Americans disapprove of Trump across the board in every poll. Why do you think music performers like anyone else would have similar opinions. This is the real world.
John Fogerty is extremely political and even performed at Democratic conventions, attended fundraisers and given political speeches that were extremely anti-Bush. Yet George Bush was a big fan and had his music in his I-pod when he exercised in the morning. Who cares.
But what is sad is your crowd banning Dixie Chicks and removing them from radio because they said something against George Bush. Just imagine if Ted Nugent said the same thing against Hillary Clinton. Would you also support removing Ted Nugent from radio stations. You see.....its the crazy right that is intolerant of political statements. Same deal with athletes. Lebron James gets slammed and yelled at "Shut up and dribble" if he says something political. Yet, the crazy right cries if people attack Drew Brees for political statements and say its his right to say so.
Its pure hypocrisy and its sad.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-01-2020, 05:45 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Oh brother
You see the world only with Trump glasses on. You are asking why Stevie just got "political." Environmental causes whether left or right is political. When you urge your fans to join environmental/political causes....its political. You seem fine with artists being political when they align with your own political beliefs. She does not walk around the stage with political signs or endorse candidates. But yes like most people who are interviewed millions of times there can be some political references in their statements. She did not go on a 10 minute anti-Trump rant. She just said she is not for Trump. Big deal! Why you seem so obsessed with this is silly. Christine publicly stated she would have never voted for Bill Clinton and snubbed Hillary's request to perform at the White House in 2000. Was it her depression or her political beliefs. Who knows but I don't care. You live in a world where you think every decision people make is pro Trump or anti Trump. Its the Fox News world. You are with us or against us. You are young and your reference of political celebrity endorsements or performances is George Bush. OMG. Read some history. 57% of Americans disapprove of Trump across the board in every poll. Why do you think music performers like anyone else would have similar opinions. This is the real world.
John Fogerty is extremely political and even performed at Democratic conventions, attended fundraisers and given political speeches that were extremely anti-Bush. Yet George Bush was a big fan and had his music in his I-pod when he exercised in the morning. Who cares.
But what is sad is your crowd banning Dixie Chicks and removing them from radio because they said something against George Bush. Just imagine if Ted Nugent said the same thing against Hillary Clinton. Would you also support removing Ted Nugent from radio stations. You see.....its the crazy right that is intolerant of political statements. Same deal with athletes. Lebron James gets slammed and yelled at "Shut up and dribble" if he says something political. Yet, the crazy right cries if people attack Drew Brees for political statements and say its his right to say so.
Its pure hypocrisy and its sad.
Give me a break. It is the Democrats who cancel people. They are the ones who are constantly trying to get people banned or fired for supporting Trump. I don’t know what planet you been living on for four years. People who support Trump are even afraid to tell poll workers that they are voting for Trump. I guess I’m sick if the bashing. And if Stevie were voting for Trump she would never say so. She is too smart for that. People would try and have her albums removed from iTunes.

57% don’t approve of Trump because of the liberal media, which is really just another branch of the Democratic Party. Oh and let’s see, fake Russia Gate, fake Kavanagh accusations, fake impeachment... oh wait, a mysterious disease that comes from China, his biggest enemy and destroys his great economy. Then there are the riots in Democratic states where Democrats riot and destroy everything and then blame Trump for spreading hate. Ridiculous. ������

She needs to keep her mouth shut. Being non-political was one of the most respectable things she has done. She has been hanging out with Sheryl Crow and Bette Midler too much. I bet her new songs sucks.

Last edited by Jondalar; 10-01-2020 at 05:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-01-2020, 06:54 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Give me a break. It is the Democrats who cancel people. They are the ones who are constantly trying to get people banned or fired for supporting Trump. I don’t know what planet you been living on for four years. People who support Trump are even afraid to tell poll workers that they are voting for Trump. I guess I’m sick if the bashing. And if Stevie were voting for Trump she would never say so. She is too smart for that. People would try and have her albums removed from iTunes.

57% don’t approve of Trump because of the liberal media, which is really just another branch of the Democratic Party. Oh and let’s see, fake Russia Gate, fake Kavanagh accusations, fake impeachment... oh wait, a mysterious disease that comes from China, his biggest enemy and destroys his great economy. Then there are the riots in Democratic states where Democrats riot and destroy everything and then blame Trump for spreading hate. Ridiculous. ������

She needs to keep her mouth shut. Being non-political was one of the most respectable things she has done. She has been hanging out with Sheryl Crow and Bette Midler too much. I bet her new songs sucks.
No, she or anyone does not have to keep their mouth shut. Its a free country with freedom of speech. You are freaking out because Stevie said 4 words. "I am not for Trump" That it. She's not doing commercials, fund raising, or calling Trump horrible slurs like Ted Nugent (calling Obama subhuman mongrel).
What Stevie said is barely political. She was on David Letterman in 1994 and did not even support Bill Clinton (said he was too young). Who cares what she thinks.
You are so tribal that if everyone is not a robot 100% praising Dear Leader it freaks you out.
Chill. There is cancel culture on both the left and right. But you are wrong accusing it only coming from the left. The right cancelled Dixie Chicks and their career. Clear Channel which is right wing media and owns most radio stations in the USA pulled the Chicks from rotation and they were banned on Country Music shows and radio. Their album was #4 and then fell off the charts and they never charted again. Read your own thread and your outrage Stevie answered a question she was asked and gave a short answer. How dare she!
Shut up and dribble
Shut up and sing
Unless of course you publicly support Dear Leader
We dont want to live like this
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-01-2020 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-01-2020, 08:42 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No, she or anyone does not have to keep their mouth shut. Its a free country with freedom of speech. You are freaking out because Stevie said 4 words. "I am not for Trump" That it. She's not doing commercials, fund raising, or calling Trump horrible slurs like Ted Nugent (calling Obama subhuman mongrel).
What Stevie said is barely political. She was on David Letterman in 1994 and did not even support Bill Clinton (said he was too young). Who cares what she thinks.
You are so tribal that if everyone is not a robot 100% praising Dear Leader it freaks you out.
Chill. There is cancel culture on both the left and right. But you are wrong accusing it only coming from the left. The right cancelled Dixie Chicks and their career. Clear Channel which is right wing media and owns most radio stations in the USA pulled the Chicks from rotation and they were banned on Country Music shows and radio. Their album was #4 and then fell off the charts and they never charted again. Read your own thread and your outrage Stevie answered a question she was asked and gave a short answer. How dare she!
Shut up and dribble
Shut up and sing
Unless of course you publicly support Dear Leader
We dont want to live like this
To be fair, we were basically at war with another country and the Dixie Chicks bad mouthed their own country overseas. Natalie is a motor mouth and she destroyed their group. Their sales suck now.

However Iím not going to respond to these comments anymore. There is no point. I think you are the one who is tribal, and Iím sick of the Trump hate, but Iím used to it. I always thought one good thing about Stevie was that she tried to stay out of politics. Not anymore. Stevie just doesnít care anymore who she upsets.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-01-2020, 08:58 AM
greendaze5's Avatar
greendaze5 greendaze5 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 318
Default



Is that a promise?

As for Stevie 'shutting up' (because she disagrees with you politically), are you f-ng kidding me?! It's called free speech, she can say WHAT she wants.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post

However Iím not going to respond to these comments anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-01-2020, 09:04 AM
greendaze5's Avatar
greendaze5 greendaze5 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 318
Default

Thank you for being the voice of reason here.

The only reason he even started this poll/thread to begin with, was so he could mouth off against her politics. Sad.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No, she or anyone does not have to keep their mouth shut. Its a free country with freedom of speech.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-01-2020, 11:19 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
To be fair, we were basically at war with another country and the Dixie Chicks bad mouthed their own country overseas. Natalie is a motor mouth and she destroyed their group. Their sales suck now.

However Iím not going to respond to these comments anymore. There is no point. I think you are the one who is tribal, and Iím sick of the Trump hate, but Iím used to it. I always thought one good thing about Stevie was that she tried to stay out of politics. Not anymore. Stevie just doesnít care anymore who she upsets.
FALSE
Fact check: The Dixie Chicks did not bad mouth their country. They fly the American Flag at their concerts. They said they were ashamed that George Bush was from Texas. Good grief. That's tongue and cheek and barely an insult compared to Nugent calling Obama a subhuman mongrel.

Another fact check: Stevie did not indulge herself in politics. She was asked a question and answered it in 4 words. She is not out campaigning for or against Trump.
But who really cares if she is for Trump or against Trump except you. Such intolerance its sort of shocking. You hate Lindsey too because he is not for Trump? Who cares.

The members of Fleetwood Mac rarely if ever tweet. They barely comment on anything. You have to ask or dig hard to find out sometimes. Love thy neighbor.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-01-2020, 12:31 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
57% donít approve of Trump because of the liberal media, which is really just another branch of the Democratic Party.
Letís take a look at the so-called liberal media on MSNBC.

LEAD ANCHORS
Joe Scarborough: Former Republican Representative from Florida.

Nicolle Wallace: White House Communications Director, George W. Bush Administration


PUNDITS
David Jolly: Former Republican Representative from Florida.

Steve Schmidt: Former Republican Strategist

Michael Steele: Former RNC Chairman

Michael Steel: Former spokesman for John Boehner and Paul Ryan and Senior Campaign Advisor to Jeb Bush

Rick Wilson: Republican strategist

Elise Jordan: Speechwriter for Condoleezza Rice

George Will: Conservative columnist

Susan Del Percio: Republican strategist

Outside of MSNBC, letís not forget about people like John Kasich, former Republican Senator from and Governor of Ohio and Fox News host. Or CNN conservative host S.E. Cupp who just endorsed Biden. Or Cindy McCain.

Thereís nothing liberal about any of these people. They were the backbone of the conservative movement and the GOP.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-01-2020, 12:33 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
FALSE
Fact check: The Dixie Chicks did not bad mouth their country. They fly the American Flag at their concerts. They said they were ashamed that George Bush was from Texas. Good grief. That's tongue and cheek and barely an insult compared to Nugent calling Obama a subhuman mongrel.

Another fact check: Stevie did not indulge herself in politics. She was asked a question and answered it in 4 words. She is not out campaigning for or against Trump.
But who really cares if she is for Trump or against Trump except you. Such intolerance its sort of shocking. You hate Lindsey too because he is not for Trump? Who cares.

The members of Fleetwood Mac rarely if ever tweet. They barely comment on anything. You have to ask or dig hard to find out sometimes. Love thy neighbor.
Oh you are triggered �� Do you remember 9/11 and what was done. He was the president and we were in a war and it wasn’t tongue and cheek to many people. What are you now - Twitter, acting like you are ultimate truth fact checking people? Ridiculous. Nugent did I said that about Obama after the Chicks. Tit for tat.

P.S. Stevie remembers 9/11. She wrote a song about it called Illume which was all about her.

Last edited by Jondalar; 10-01-2020 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
$200.0
FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM picturec1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$99.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureDENNIS WILSON of BEACH BOYS Photo CANDID Rare w/ JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac
$44.0
DENNIS WILSON of BEACH BOYS Photo CANDID Rare w/ JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac pictureFLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE POSE
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE POSE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved