User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
because she is. And yes, I count myself as a Stevie fan, but that's because I'm a fan of ALL of them and buy records and concert tickets to see any and all of them in all their combinations.

In the recent LA Times article Lindsey makes a joke about "all 12 of them" in reference to his audience. I thought it was cool that Chris asked him if he gets people at his solo shows calling out for FM songs and he said no that his audience "all 12 of them" ha, ha... "get what I'm doing and why". "The right ears" [as he always put it] hearing his music was what mattered. I've loved Stevie and her work forever but she would never take that position. It just is what it is.
Exactly! Her fans follow her leadership and her words to the letter.

What she has right now is what she always wanted. From the very beginning. And that's ok. It's her life and she can do whatever she wants with it.

Nothing describes it better than Lindsey's words: "Tell me why everything turned around".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
It's her life and she can do whatever she wants with it.
She's been doing that for a long time now.
And letting us know how hard it's been to
be a member of Fleetwood Mac ad nauseam.

I wish for her sake and the others (including
us), she'd just walk away from the band. Then
they would be free to be Fleetwood Mac again.

No review here, but I like the new album except
for one song. The overall album doesn't sound
tired like much of Say You Will did. And most of
us know why that is.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

:l
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
Okay, good to know!

In that case, Lindsey & Christine really should learn how to whore from Stevie because ticket sales at most of the venues are pretty sad.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
She's been doing that for a long time now.
And letting us know how hard it's been to
be a member of Fleetwood Mac ad nauseam.

I wish for her sake and the others (including
us), she'd just walk away from the band. Then
they would be free to be Fleetwood Mac again.
I just don't understand why she doesn't just do that. Then they can ALL be happy.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-21-2017, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I just don't understand why she doesn't just do that. Then they can ALL be happy.
Then the cash cow would be gone. Lindsey just admitted that he does the Mac throwback tours for the money. That wouldn't work without Stevie.

Maybe after the 2018/2019 farewell tour: who knows what form the Mac or BuckVie may take.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My comment on all this money grab and other statements on this topic........

This is a job and what they do for income for their lives/families etc. It's ENTERTAINMENT for us. If any of them can continue to make $$ today on their craft, great! If you don't like it or support it or enjoy what they put out(live shows, new music) DONT GO or BUY Anything!
Old 06-21-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post

This is a job and what they do for income for their lives/families etc. It's ENTERTAINMENT for us. If any of them can continue to make $$ today on their craft, great! If you don't like it or support it or enjoy what they put out(live shows, new music) DONT GO or BUY Anything!
But I already did.. : - /
Old 06-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

My understanding of the situation is that when you're part of a band you can't do whatever you want, which is exactly what Stevie is doing.

I was hoping for a last FM album, but Stevie didn't want to commit so we ended up having a Buck Vie album, no matter what Lindsey says now.

I'm not gonna stop buying their albums or going to their concerts just because ONE member of the band doesn't feel it anymore. I love the rest of the band as much as the first day, and I will continue supporting them.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Hope still springs eternal as word of Lindsey having a solo album in the works for an early 2018 release rises from recent interviews. Are these songs for his new solo album left over from the sessions of recent years? Will they morph into 'Buckingham McVie, Part Two'? ...or, like 'Tango In The Night' and 'Say You Will', will this new 2018 project blossom from a solo Lindsey project into the final Fleetwood Mac album? It would be perfect timing for the farewell tour next year. Thoughts?
Old 07-01-2017, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stranger things have happened with this band......I think if Mick and John are featured on the tracks (which I'm sure they are) I can see it happen. I do find it a bit odd Lindsey would be releasing this album on the eve of a Fleetwood Mac tour.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And please don't feel the need to post all of your endless negative comments on here either if you don't like it.

Quote:

Old 07-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

I found a list f songs that I had copied from someones' post and put away sometime in the last year or two. If anyone recognizes it, please let us know if these songs are real or not. It may have been a fantasy playlist someone posted here on The Ledge based on some the working song titles from the sessions from recent years and copyright catalog entries. Obviously, we can recognize some of the titles that made it on to the Buckingham McVie album. However, seeing 'Julia' and 'Mirror, Mirror' as a bonus track, makes it seem like these songs are wished for and not all really real. My question is this: Are any of these songs left over from recent years that are morphing into the Lindsey early 2018 solo project, or is this just some genius wishful thinking?

1. ONE (LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM/CHRISTINE MCVIE)
2. ON WITH THE SHOW (BUCKINGHAM)
3. UNTIL THE END OF TIME (MCVIE)
4. TRUST (STEVIE NICKS)
5. TOO FAR GONE (MCVIE/BUCKINGHAM)
6. STANDING STILL (NICKS)
7. JULIA (NICKS)
8. HOW I FEEL (MCVIE/BUCKINGHAM)
9. IN MY WORLD (BUCKINGHAM)
10. CARNIVAL BEGIN (MCVIE/BUCKINGHAM)
11. NIGHTMARES (MCVIE)
12. WHEN THE LOVE LEAVES (NICKS)
13. RED SUN (BUCKINGHAM/MCVIE)
14. YOU'RE THE ONE (MCVIE)
15. HISTORY (BUCKINGHAM)
16. FOREVER (NICKS/BUCKINGHAM/MCVIE)

DELUXE BONUS TRACKS

17. MIRROR, MIRROR (NICKS)
18. JUST RUN (NICKS)
19. ONE STAGE (ONE LIFE) (MCVIE)
20. HUNGER (BUCKINGHAM)
21. HOME (NICKS)
Old 07-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I for one still want one last album from the re-united Rumours line up. I'd rather have that than see them tour again.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I for one still want one last album from the re-united Rumours line up. I'd rather have that than see them tour again.

I'm with you on that.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

exactly! i have no interest in their 2 stadium cashgrabs this summer, and i'm not going or supporting that. and if their last tour will be a regular same ole greatest hits like the 2014-15 was, i won't plan to see that tour either.

but i am going to as many as i can of the BuckVie shows cos i'm grateful that they made and released new music and that their setlist has tons of new music and many never played songs. and i really hope LB manages to fit in the release of his next solo album in january and tour it before the bext Mac cashgrab. you choose what you want to see, buy, and support!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"