The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-14-2018, 11:40 AM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 274
Default

Likely will lead to another 1 man show with heavily recorded backing tracks.

After all he was trying to use FM to finance a large chunk of the traveling expenses this tour. If they pay for Neil et all to travel and hotel 1/2 the days in the tour itd be cheaper.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-14-2018, 10:02 PM
justcrazylove's Avatar
justcrazylove justcrazylove is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 289
Default

Thats the next question, what shape will the tour take? Will Neale and Brett be involved?
__________________
"Leisure line to heaven, puttin' on the hits, here we have another, another piece of glitz"
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Thats the next question, what shape will the tour take? Will Neale and Brett be involved?
Whatever shape it takes, I am very much looking forward to it. I agree with an earlier poster, capitalize on the moment---release something on iTunes. I can't imagine the band is terribly psyched with all the negative press they are getting. Would love to see Lindsey reap the benefits of it.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:00 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Whatever shape it takes, I am very much looking forward to it. I agree with an earlier poster, capitalize on the moment---release something on iTunes. I can't imagine the band is terribly psyched with all the negative press they are getting. Would love to see Lindsey reap the benefits of it.
1000 times yes to this. it's frustrating.

regarding the solo touring band, so hard to tell what will be going on with them. frankly, i would never begrudge those guys whatever they decide or need to do. they gotta eat and pay mortgages. they are working musicians.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Dragon Dragon is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Thats the next question, what shape will the tour take? Will Neale and Brett be involved?
At the present, Lindsey's band is Lindsey and Christine's band. Neale, Lindsey's collaborator, will continue to work with Lindsey. Brett could go either way. If he goes with Lindsey, Christine would need a backup keyboardist. Would Benmont Tench be available despite being a new father?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-15-2018, 09:09 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
At the present, Lindsey's band is Lindsey and Christine's band. Neale, Lindsey's collaborator, will continue to work with Lindsey. Brett could go either way. If he goes with Lindsey, Christine would need a backup keyboardist. Would Benmont Tench be available despite being a new father?
if Brett ends up going with Lindsey, i can bet that Benmont will replace him!

it will certainly be interesting to watch all this unfold.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-16-2018, 12:21 AM
justcrazylove's Avatar
justcrazylove justcrazylove is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 289
Default

I adore Benmont, hell I love Mike, but if he plays on this ****show I will be gobsmacked.
__________________
"Leisure line to heaven, puttin' on the hits, here we have another, another piece of glitz"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Fannymac's Avatar
Fannymac Fannymac is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 518
Default

I just hope we get an album release date in the next few weeks. If, like the Buckingham/McVie, the announcement comes eight weeks before the release, we're already looking at late June/early July!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-18-2018, 07:09 AM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
1000 times yes to this. it's frustrating.
Part of me wonders if whatever legal actions are taking place behind the scenes may limit his ability to release music. I'm not sure how, but maybe it's, for example, hard to argue negative impact to career by being fired if you are able to release music. Not sure if that makes sense. But I was wondering if all of that could impact the release.

Worse, maybe his record company is less enthused about marketing and releasing Mac's former lead guitarist

That being said, it could just be the usual failure for any Mac member to strike the iron.
__________________
Find out more about my books: The Community of Desire: Selected Critical Writings (2001-2007) & Serpents and Doves <---Fleetwood Mac content!!! & my NEW book Watch the Throne
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-18-2018, 06:58 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Part of me wonders if whatever legal actions are taking place behind the scenes may limit his ability to release music. I'm not sure how, but maybe it's, for example, hard to argue negative impact to career by being fired if you are able to release music. Not sure if that makes sense. But I was wondering if all of that could impact the release.

Worse, maybe his record company is less enthused about marketing and releasing Mac's former lead guitarist

That being said, it could just be the usual failure for any Mac member to strike the iron.
i've been thinking about this since i first heard. i really really hope that's not the case but some of that would not surprise me at all. i wish he still stayed on his own label and free to do whatever he wants. we need that new music and tour out ASAP!

no time to waste!
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-19-2018, 02:48 PM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,582
Default

I hope his new album is in the style of the Empire of the Sun collaboration.
__________________
Find out more about my books: The Community of Desire: Selected Critical Writings (2001-2007) & Serpents and Doves <---Fleetwood Mac content!!! & my NEW book Watch the Throne
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-19-2018, 03:35 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I hope his new album is in the style of the Empire of the Sun collaboration.
I'm so intrigued by his new album! First it was postponed in favor of a Best of, and now I have no idea which one will go first.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.

Last edited by button-lip : 04-19-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-19-2018, 08:27 PM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,582
Default

Even Jeremy Spencer got his new album out this week!

Treading Softly by Jeremy Spencer https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/tr...tly/1371682973
__________________
Find out more about my books: The Community of Desire: Selected Critical Writings (2001-2007) & Serpents and Doves <---Fleetwood Mac content!!! & my NEW book Watch the Throne
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i've been thinking about this since i first heard. i really really hope that's not the case but some of that would not surprise me at all. i wish he still stayed on his own label and free to do whatever he wants. we need that new music and tour out ASAP!

no time to waste!
If on top of everything else that FM may have allegedly done to LB--if they preclude him from creating his own new music/tour---there is an alleyway in hell the 4 divas and 2 ringers should be playing in.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-19-2018, 11:51 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
If on top of everything else that FM may have allegedly done to LB--if they preclude him from creating his own new music/tour---there is an alleyway in hell the 4 divas and 2 ringers should be playing in.
i really hope we are being paranoid.

just to make clear, don't think that would be FM doing to him, but a consequence of him not being full-fledged member of FM anymore.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac-Stevie Nicks Owned & Stage Worn Velvet Robe COA & Provenance
$3142.01
Fleetwood Mac-Stevie Nicks Owned & Stage Worn Velvet Robe COA & Provenance   pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks)
$1899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks) pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved