Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Cleveland Show (10/1/08)

Well, right now I am sitting at a pizza shop almost next-door to HoB! Our a were a bit off, but it ended alright. Th parking garage across the street was having problems and we had to dive around to the back to get in. They won't let us in now. I am sooooooooooo excited!!!!
I am standing infront of the stage. Some long haired guy is doing a sound check check on the model 1!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by GoS; 10-02-2008 at 02:53 PM..
Old 10-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Certainly well worth the wait!

Michele
Old 10-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That was the best concert ever. Better than last tour (which I loved alot), better than the Rodger Waters tour whenever ago, better than the Tom Petty in june. Set List:
1. Great Day
2. Love Runs Deeper
3. Trouble
4. Go Insane (Full Band)
5. Tusk (UtS Tour Version)
6. I Know I'm Not Wrong
7. Gift of Screws
8. Never Going Back Again
9. Big Love (UtS Tour Version)
10. Shut Us Down
11. Under the Skin
12. Did You Miss Me
13. Come (W/ the live guitar solo, not album version
14. World Turning (UtS Tour Version)
15. I'm So Afraid
16. Go Your Own Way
Encore
17. Secondhand News
18. Don't Look Down
19. Treason
20. Time Precious Time

You Ledgie fans of Law and Order would have died, he started to play Johnny Stew after DLD!! It was awesome, he said they would do it next tour!! At one point, he started shinning the light reflecting off of his guitar into the eyes of the people in the audience. I knew he could rock but GoS and Come rocked like nobody's business!!!! If anyone was there, I was the crazy teenager jumping up and down, singing all of the words in the UtS tour shirt.

And for a second in GYOW, I was sure that we made eye contact (Lindsey and I). It was just one of those times where you know. It made me feel so special. And then after the show, on the ground, I saw one of Lindsey's plectrums!!!! As I grabbed it another person was reaching for it, but she was nice and let me have it!!! Thanks!

This was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
You Ledgie fans of Law and Order would have died, he started to play Johnny Stew after DLD!! It was awesome, he said they would do it next tour!!
I wonder what he means by "next tour". When can we expect that? It sounds like you had an amazing time! Michele
Old 10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder what he means by "next tour". When can we expect that? It sounds like you had an amazing time! Michele
I hope by next tour he does not mean FM, but solo. As much as I am dying to see FM live, he just rocks so hard solo.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder what he means by "next tour".
by 'next tour' be means the CALI shows he will be adding to this tour.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aw, he's not doing All My Sorrows anymore?
Shoot. I was looking forward to that one.

I'm glad you had a good time, though. Only 10 days till my first one. Actually, I'm wrong. 9 days! Yikes.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Aw, he's not doing All My Sorrows anymore?
Shoot. I was looking forward to that one.

I'm glad you had a good time, though. Only 10 days till my first one. Actually, I'm wrong. 9 days! Yikes.
Good luck! First one ever or just first one on the GoS tour?

They were doing All My Sorrows? I was a complete loser and did not read any of the old set lists so I would be surprised when the show finally came (I also did not listen to the 30 second clips on Amazon before I got the article so I would be surprised when I got the new CD). I thought he said that they would be doing a lot of OOTC, but I only remembered Don't Look Down (which rocked!!). Did I miss something?

Were there any other ledgies there? I ran into a few people that I was sure were Ledgies but didn't ask.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nah, I saw him about...6 times, I think, last tour? I don't feel like thinking too hard right now--I'm at work! I loved each and every show (with a passion!) I'm scheduled for 4 this time around.

I only looked at an early set list. That's why I was surprised. I think it was one of the first concerts in California where he did All My Sorrows as an encore. I guess he dumped it soon after, which is unfortunate because I love it (unfortunate for me, that is).

I didn't listen to the snippets of GoS, either, before the cd came out. Had no interest and wanted to get the full effect...and I was really glad I did that.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Nah, I saw him about...6 times, I think, last tour? I don't feel like thinking too hard right now--I'm at work! I loved each and every show (with a passion!) I'm scheduled for 4 this time around.

I only looked at an early set list. That's why I was surprised. I think it was one of the first concerts in California where he did All My Sorrows as an encore. I guess he dumped it soon after, which is unfortunate because I love it (unfortunate for me, that is).

I didn't listen to the snippets of GoS, either, before the cd came out. Had no interest and wanted to get the full effect...and I was really glad I did that.
Lucky, this is only my second time (and only of the tour). I loved the last tour a lot too.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe he did All My Sorrows in Tahoe. He said that because he'd had guitar problems all night, he wanted to do a final song with the guys (Neale and Brett) because at that point, he was afraid of being alone. It was a nice joke, but since they sang the song in harmony, they had obviously rehearsed it and I don't think it was as off-the-cuff as he made it sound. So, I fully expected to hear it on the tour again, especially since it sounded very good to my (admittedly tin) ears.

Michele
Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After re-reading my original description, I realized that I missed things.

He played Johnny Stew only because one guy kept yelling it.

He made motions in Gift of Screws that matched the lyrics (Made a stabbing motion for bleed; Pulled his face into a frown during the frown line) and it was not instantly recognizable, at least to me. They just rocked it harder than the album and harder than I expected.

And before one of the songs, one of the guys who did the sound check went to hand Lindsey his guitar and strummed it once, or generally made some noise similar to that.

Just wanted to share for those of you who have not seen/ will not see him.

Was I the only Ledgie there?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope Christy (Wondergirl) and David (DavidMN) were there too but they're still "on the road" with him for another show or two.

I'm sure they will be back with MANY pics and stories...

Old 10-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Nope Christy (Wondergirl) and David (DavidMN) were there too but they're still "on the road" with him for another show or two.

I'm sure they will be back with MANY pics and stories...
Good, I wasn't alone. I am sorry, I don't have any pictures, but I do have stories!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
After re-reading my original description, I realized that I missed things.

He played Johnny Stew only because one guy kept yelling it.
I believe Lindsey played Johnny Stew at the Cleveland UTS show (by request)- the guy probably went to that show too.