The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

I was at the Cleveland show!!!! I got up close by the stage. It was the best concert ever! Everyone was enjoying it and Lindsey just rocked the whole night. I strummed his guitar a couple times when he played the rock solo at the end of Go Your Own Way!!!! Perfect night!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Bloggers Review:

Lindsey Buckingham
Cleveland, Ohio
October 1st, 2008
Show Time: 8:40 pm

You always know it’s going to be a good day when Lindsey Buckingham is in town, especially if you have a ticket to the show. Lindsey played the House of Blues last night and was worth every penny you paid for a ticket. No opening band, he needs no crowd warm up. No fancy stage, it’s distracting. No flashy stage show, he doesn’t need it. He did however have a great setlist that featured his solo material as well as the crowd’s favorite ‘Fleetwood Mac’ songs.

This was an intimate event, Lindsey up close and personal…and how much more personal can you get without playing in someone’s living room? I’ll tell you, before the show, Lindsey had the house get rid of the barricade that keeps the unwanted up on stage. Lindsey wanted to make sure that if you wanted to get close, he didn’t mind. The sound mix was phenomenal. Lindsey’s voice was crystal clear, as it always is and his backing vocals hit the right notes.

Lindsey played his Rick Turner Model 1guitar most of the night and for most of the show he went pick-less. He says that he can’t accomplish the type of sound he wants from his guitar with a pick. As a matter of fact, back when he joined Fleetwood Mac, the band wanted him to use a pick and Lindsey tried to adapt but later convinced them he had a better sound by playing with his fingers. Just listen to one of his Fleetwood Mac tunes, or pick up his solo album and you’ll easily pick up the custom sound he creates with that Rick Turner Model 1 and his fingers.

You can see by the setlist that it’s pretty much standard as to what he plays from town to town, but what it doesn’t show you is the amazing way that he performs these songs live.
Take ‘Tusk’ as example. You ask yourself how can he make it sound as good as it was when he had the USC Marching Band help him out…trust me, it was better. The way he takes control and recreates the songs while he is on stage is nothing short of amazing.

The song ‘I’m So Afraid’ is good on the album, but when the man plays it live he makes it so you never want the thing to end. When you hear the song ‘I Know I’m Not Wrong’ on the album you want to get up and dance or get up and move in anyway you can. It’s an upbeat song that puts you in the rock and roll frame of mind…BUT, when he plays it live and vocalizes the ‘Da dah daht daht daht’ you want to rip of all of your clothes and dance naked…but you have to remember it’s live and others are watching, so jump inside your mind, get naked and dance all your cares away…that’s what Lindsey would want…do whatever it takes to make yourself feed good. If you walked into that show down and depressed you should have left alive and refreshed, if you didn’t, well, you couldn’t have been depressed when you left. The show was that good.

For all you die hard ‘Fleetwood Mac’ concert goers, he played a few of the songs he created for them and did them well, especially ‘Trouble’ and ‘Go Your Own Way’, but this was a Lindsey Buckingham show. It was right on the money and was like a circus for your ears. So, was it a good show? Nope, it was a great show, and as usual, kick yourself in the ass if you missed it or have a friend do it for you, either way you missed it.

—Set List—

Great Day
Love Runs Deeper
Trouble
Go Insane
Tusk
I Know I’m Not Wrong
Gift of Screws
Never Goin Back Again
Big Love
Shut Us Down
Under The Skin
Did You Miss Me
Come
World Turning
I’m So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
—Encore—
Second Hand News
Don’t Look Down
Treason
Time Precious Time

Mike
Old 10-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
For all you die hard ‘Fleetwood Mac’ concert goers, he played a few of the songs he created for them and did them well, especially ‘Trouble’ and ‘Go Your Own Way’, but this was a Lindsey Buckingham show.
Umm, Trouble... yeah, it was kinda not an FM song, You see, it was kinda on the album that I like to call Law and Order.

I think that I saw this guy after the show. When I went up to the stage after the show, there was no one left but maybe six stragglers and then a guy with a note book (which had the track listing of UtS and GoS in it) who was peaking at the setlists that were taped to Lindsey's speakers.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Take ‘Tusk’ as example. You ask yourself how can he make it sound as good as it was when he had the USC Marching Band help him out…trust me, it was better. The way he takes control and recreates the songs while he is on stage is nothing short of amazing.

Mike
I agree about everything else, but I'm not sure about Tusk being better than the album or better than it is with FM. I miss the full sound. Well, I suppose after The Dance DVD, Tusk is just ruined for me, plus I would say it's probably the one non-Christine song on which I miss Christine the most, just because I like the interraction with Lindsey and John and Christine all in a little circle so much.

Michele
Old 10-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
It was cool to meet you Nico! Cleveland was a really great show.
It was the best imo. It was great meeting you as well Christy! Glad you had so much fun. This tour was the TOPS for LB. I wish it could just continue forever.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL